09/16 Notes

Goober Pyle

So here we go again with the coaching nonsense.  How in the heck do you not have a plan for a passing attack & come in prepared only to stop the run??????????????????

That right there is unfathomable!  You should have several plans already in place to stop the fkg pass, my gawd man!

So holy cow batman, they fooled us again by passing the ball. Darn it!  LMAO!  Why the hail don't you just have the disguised alignments in place for pass or for run?  

Well lets see here... a team can either be trying to exploit you in TWO WAYS.  Run or Pass!  Are we running a nursery school here or something?

36 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

This is exactly what I've been saying. They just lined up to play with a vanilla defense and got lit up. They were too scared of the Seahawks run game. Flawed defensive game-plan.

Raheem has been in the NFL long enough to know better.  Dare RW to beat you with his arm and he will take you up on that offer.

34 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

This is exactly what I've been saying. They just lined up to play with a vanilla defense and got lit up. They were too scared of the Seahawks run game. Flawed defensive game-plan.

This is such an awful look. They had all off-season to get ready and they do that. Now watch him over emphasize the passing game and have the Cowboys light us up for 200 yards on the ground

Raheem was right to think that way based on how the Seahawks were running the ball last year and years before. They were a running team thru and thru. BUT he also should’ve paid attention that Carroll and wilson have been talking about featuring the passing game more. And before ppl jump down my throat the falcons went thru the same overhaul. For matts first 4 seasons we were a running team on turners shoulders. We changed the tune when DK became the OC and Julio was drafted. So we took the world by storm because the run heavy falcons all of a sudden was tossing the ball around the yard. The Seahawks might take the NFL by storm with that. They said before the game they studied last years game and other tape from last year. They had nothing on film that indicated the hawks would pass 35 times in a game they were winning from the start. So I give them a pass being caught off guard. But no pass if I see them ignore Zeke and focus on Dak and the passing game. We KNOW Dallas starts with Zeke. The game plan Morris had for Seattle IS the game plan we need for Dallas. 

18 minutes ago, TheFatboi said:

Raheem was right to think that way based on how the Seahawks were running the ball last year and years before. They were a running team thru and thru. BUT he also should’ve paid attention that Carroll and wilson have been talking about featuring the passing game more. And before ppl jump down my throat the falcons went thru the same overhaul. For matts first 4 seasons we were a running team on turners shoulders. We changed the tune when DK became the OC and Julio was drafted. So we took the world by storm because the run heavy falcons all of a sudden was tossing the ball around the yard. The Seahawks might take the NFL by storm with that. They said before the game they studied last years game and other tape from last year. They had nothing on film that indicated the hawks would pass 35 times in a game they were winning the entire game. So I give them a pass being caught off guard. But no pass if I see them ignore Zeek and focus on Dak and the passing game. We KNOW Dallas starts with Zeke. The game plan Morris had for Seattle IS the game plan we need for Dallas. 

Yeah I agree. Quinn telegraphed the game-plan during a TC presser. He was asked how he was going to prepare for the Seahawks without pre-season and he said he could only rely on 2019 tape and the 2019 tape show them as a run heavy team. The problem is, the Seahawk's coaches were probably listening to that press conference also. The Seahawk's went totally away from their 2019 tendencies and the Falcons wasnt prepared for it.  I think Raheem will adjust going forward though - at least I hope he will. 

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

Yeah I agree. Quinn telegraphed the game-plan during a TC presser. He was asked how he was going to prepare for the Seahawks without pre-season and he said he could only rely on 2019 tape and the 2019 tape show them as a run heavy team. The problem is, the Seahawk's coaches were probably listening to that press conference also. The Seahawk's went totally away from their 2019 tendencies and the Falcons wasnt prepared for it.  I think Raheem will adjust going forward though - at least I hope he will. 

Exactly. And Carroll is the kinda guy that will pay attention to the chatter. He’s also smart enough to know you can catch somebody off guard with no preseason. Quinn and the staff got out coached first game. Big brother whipped little Bro

Whens the last time we outcoached any body ever since Kyle left? We're perpetually three steps behind.

Between Raheem saying we didnt prepare for the pass, and DK saying theyve never seen Jamal Adam's used that way, despite LOCAL PODCASTS calling out how good of a blitzer he is, we're in for a long season of terrible coaching.

I thought no preseason would help us bc DQ wastes it anyways, but instead we went out with preseason playcalling. Cant wait for it to take 10 games for us to be "ready."

51 minutes ago, wnyfalconfan said:

This is such an awful look. They had all off-season to get ready and they do that. Now watch him over emphasize the passing game and have the Cowboys light us up for 200 yards on the ground

Exactly, all off season with the opposing teams defensive coordinator that went against this in practice EVERY DAY. Knows the strengths and weaknesses of his defense against such an offense.. And it's crazy you don't have defensive installments set up to change up to depending on their strategy. Mind blowing. You know they know how to play your defense and you come out with some preseason vanilla bullsheet smhhh

1 hour ago, GeorgiaBoyz said:

Didn’t take the passing game serious .. went in wanting to stop Chris Carson . 

A .. focus on RW scramble , Lockett , Metkalf , Olsen ? 

B .. focus on stopping Chris Carson ? 

I swear the Atlanta Falcons are cursed . Lmfaooo 

That's not a curse.....that's just being dumb

1 hour ago, FentayeJones said:

Truth. Exact opposite of what we saw in turnaround 2nd half last year. 

When will they ever learn? SMH.

6 minutes ago, Jesus said:

That's not a curse.....that's just being dumb

Not really.

Wilson is at his best when he has a run game ( like most QBs) ...the play actions...the read options ...all of that is his strength....he has not traditionally a guy who just drops back and passes on a strait drop back..

If you can force him to be one dimensional ( as much as you can) then he is easier too beat.

Sunday was a huge departure from what we have seen from him over his career.

1 minute ago, falconsd56 said:

Not really.

Wilson is at his best when he has a run game ( like most QBs) ...the play actions...the read options ...all of that is his strength....he has not traditionally a guy who just drops back and passes on a strait drop back..

If you can force him to be one dimensional ( as much as you can) then he is easier too beat.

But they never adjusted. At some point you have to adjust to what you are seeing. They kept throwing with a huge lead. If he isn't going to make in game adjustments to meet what the opponent is showing it's going to be a long season

3 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Not really.

Nobody should have been surprised they came out throwing on our inexperienced corners. The disappointing part (which I haven’t heard media press coaches on yet) is how poorly our safeties played.