1 minute ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Anyone else loving that they thought the rest of the football world would just follow their lead but they were the ones who caved.

I'm loving a lot of the people now acting like the Big Ten was so much smarter than everyone else. In reality, they weren't. They were pretty stupid with everything they did if you ask me. They jumped the gun and now look incredibly stupid. Their margin for error is extremely small now as well. 

Just now, tl;dr said:

I'm loving a lot of the people now acting like the Big Ten was so much smarter than everyone else. In reality, they weren't. They were pretty stupid with everything they did if you ask me. They jumped the gun and now look incredibly stupid. Their margin for error is extremely small now as well. 

People are actually praising them?  Sounds like sunshine pumpers.

7 minutes ago, Porter Osborne Jr said:

Anyone else loving that they thought the rest of the football world would just follow their lead but they were the ones who caved.

well the big 10 Presidents were being pressured by their governors to cancel the season and it made no sense to come out with a schedule and then 6 days later cancel.. the reality is they had no plans to actually play.. tom mars got information and so did others that they were discussing cancelling the season back in july so their "schedule release" was a farce.  i said this when the big 10 didn't move their games back like other conferences did that they had no intention to play.. The big 10 also lied to the other conferences.. there was an agreement that they would work together, but they went public with a conference only schedule not telling the other conferences they intended to do that.. So the other confernences like the ACC and SEC did the same.. then 6 days later the big 10 decided to cancel fall football. They thought the other conferences would follow their lead like you said and do the same, but they didn't.. Notre Dame also was impt by calling the acc and telling them they would join for a year.  

12 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

yep they were very stupid and deceiving.. they had no plan to play going back to early july, but publicly said otherwise.. the backlash was so very strong including lawsuits among other things.. it made zero sense not to wait and see where things go with testing, etc..  now they are going to do what 8 games in 8 weeks without any bye weeks in case of any issues.. also if you have more than 5% of kids have covid they are shutdown for a week.. so ridiculous. 

9 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep they were very stupid and deceiving.. they had no plan to play going back to early july, but publicly said otherwise.. the backlash was so very strong including lawsuits among other things.. it made zero sense not to wait and see where things go with testing, etc..  now they are going to do what 8 games in 8 weeks without any bye weeks in case of any issues.. also if you have more than 5% of kids have covid they are shutdown for a week.. so ridiculous. 

Yeah that 5% thing seems awfully dumb. But it does seem like most teams that are doing what they are supposed to be doing are not having much trouble. Teams just need to take this seriously 

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah that 5% thing seems awfully dumb. But it does seem like most teams that are doing what they are supposed to be doing are not having much trouble. Teams just need to take this seriously 

The more I read there is no way they even have the season with their stipulations.. 5%??  oh come on.  NO team can stay on schedule with the requirements they have put in place.  It's seems they are again just doing a token effort to have a season.  It removes the negative pressure and they can say "see covid is stopping us again".. just ridiculous.  i read a few big 10 articles yesterday and again politics is part of this also.. Just moronic. 

2 hours ago, SacFalcFan said:

The more I read there is no way they even have the season with their stipulations.. 5%??  oh come on.  NO team can stay on schedule with the requirements they have put in place.  It's seems they are again just doing a token effort to have a season.  It removes the negative pressure and they can say "see covid is stopping us again".. just ridiculous.  i read a few big 10 articles yesterday and again politics is part of this also.. Just moronic. 

Some sports writers out there have had some awful takes today. “The darkest day in Big Ten history.” wat

8 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Just so much arrogance is coming out right now. I have no idea what certain sports writers (the biggest 2 offenders who work for USA Today) have such a pretentious attitude. Their job is not THAT important 

these same sports writers have been openly rooting against a season happenign so they can do the whole i told you so crap.. that writer who said this was the darkest day every in the big 10 has obvioulsy been absent from the child sexual abuse stories from OSU, Michigan, Penn State, and Michigan State and let's not talk about a player dying at maryland.  Yeah playing football is the darkest day when compared to the sexual abuse of children and women at other Big 10 institutions. 

Yeah I don’t know what some of these sports media morons are talking about, the Big Ten looks incompetent right now. Honestly they look like they are going more by media coverage than guidance from actual scientists, doctors and other health officials.

I’ve been vocal about my expectations for the season to be a bumpy mess with postponements and cancelations, but I’ve never criticized the SEC or ACC or Big 12 for trying to have a season still. It can be done, it’s just very unlikely that it goes smoothly. All the Big 10 has tried to do is virtue signal and play politics with media coverage, which is something we need a lot LESS of in general.

On 9/16/2020 at 10:16 AM, SacFalcFan said:

I SINCERELY hope that OSU has to forfeit a couple games at least due to that 5% 

yeah, it’s just for spite! I’ve been beyond sick of the OSPN network for years now!

On 9/16/2020 at 9:19 AM, tl;dr said:

Essentially just waiting for the formal announcement. Good news for the sport

At least they getting 8 games in and will have a conference championship. Adds more legitimacy to a college football playoff.  On a side note,  ESPN has been forced to showcase smaller football programs and its given those schools their time in the spotlight...