If we want an offense guru as our new HC then he will 100% insist on two things:

1) Being able to draft his future starting QB in the next 2 drafts

2) Time to rebuild over those two years

Because there is no way in **** such a guy would want to continue living in the shadow of the 2016 season. It is now 4 years since we had the magical offense and 4 years since Shanahan left and all we did since then is trying to keep Matt Ryan in his comfort zone. We are stuck deep in the past.

The new guy will have to start Matt Ryan in 2021 because we can‘t cut or trade him for salary cap reasons. But the new guy will not care about Matt Ryan‘s comfort zone and will implement HIS system. If we not already drafted a QB in 2021 then we will 2022 after Ryan probably had a rough first year in the new system.

And that matches the year where the Falcons can opt out of Matt Ryan‘s contract by either releasing him or trading him. 

Look I don‘t hate Matt Ryan but any offense genius in high demand will not chose the Falcons with Matt Ryan being promised to remain as starter until 2024 or so. If that continous to be a fix part of the job (as it no doubt was with the OC hires of Sark und Koetter) then we might as well keep Dan Quinn.

This team needs a clean cut to get better. If someone comes in, he needs full control over roster, system and philosophy of the team.

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eric Bienemy

I dont think Quinn will make it through the year.

Season 6 of this Quinn BS. He is an average HC at best, but what really gets me is he has no fire on the sidelines.  He doesn't fight for the team when there is egregious calls, he sits there like a w

If I were a potential HC, one of the last owners I would want to work for is AB. I'd need to run my show without the Angel of Death pacing behind me or giving me the 3rd degree about what I was doing. He's probably not as bad as Skeletor, but also probably knows a heck of a lot less about football.

15 hours ago, blizzard_falcon said:

Offensive:
Eric Bieniemy (Chiefs OC)
Josh McDaniels (Patriots OC)
Greg Roman (Ravens OC)
Brian Daboll (Bills OC)
Lincoln Riley (Univ. of Oklahoma HC)

Defensive:
Don Martindale (Ravens DC)
Mike Pettine (Packers DC)
Robert Saleh (49ers DC)
Leslie Frazier (Bills DC)

Special Teams:
Dave Toub (Chiefs ST)

You know, that's a good list.  And Bieniemy is the only name that excites me...give me an Andy Reid tree guy...

As much as Mike Pettine and Robert Selah are good candidates, I agree we've had too many Defensive HC's here lately...the results of them are in, and they're "Meh"...

19 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

You know, that's a good list.  And Bieniemy is the only name that excites me...give me an Andy Reid tree guy...

As much as Mike Pettine and Robert Selah are good candidates, I agree we've had too many Defensive HC's here lately...the results of them are in, and they're "Meh"...

Agreed on not wanting another defensive minded coach after Mike Smith and Dan Quinn, as much as I do like Martindale and Pettine.

Dave Toub is a name that really interests me. He's received high praise from Andy Reid as a HC candidate, and John Harbaugh has done great things in Baltimore as a former special teams coach.

Like many others, Bieniemy is my favorite name on the list, though.  I'm also a little intrigued to see what McDaniels could do in his 2nd stint as a HC... assuming he learned from his mistakes in Denver.  McDaniels would also probably be the most likely on this list to keep Matt Ryan and not want to draft a rookie QB right away.

1 hour ago, Pacific_Falcon said:

If I were a potential HC, one of the last owners I would want to work for is AB. I'd need to run my show without the Angel of Death pacing behind me or giving me the 3rd degree about what I was doing. He's probably not as bad as Skeletor, but also probably knows a heck of a lot less about football.

I don't agree with this at all. I think a lot of people would be lucky to have AB as their boss. That dude actually gives a **** about the fans. 

1 minute ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

I don't agree with this at all. I think a lot of people would be lucky to have AB as their boss. That dude actually gives a **** about the fans. 

I'm with you on this. When I read that post I was like, "What? Arthur Blank seems the least kind of owner to make a knee-jerk reaction firing somebody, pandering to the crowd, Etc." He is interested, but I don't see him as a helicopter type of owner...

6 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

What owner doesn't? Blowing off the fans means you lose money. My point is I think he is too involved in the football ops. He's good in the fact he doesn't tighten the purse strings, but as a HC I never want an owner announcing who or who isnt going to be permanently going to be on the team or staring daggers at me on the sideline when my running back fumbles. He may have mellowed on marching HC's to the gallows, but given an owner who is more hands off vs. one who isn't, I'll take the former.

8 hours ago, 1989Fan said:

Thanks for the list. The thing I wonder looking at the list of offensive guys, is how many would want to stick w Ryan vs get a mobile QB to fit their scheme. I would think Josh McDaniels would be the most likely to think Ryan fits their style. The other thing is that working w Matt Ryan has been a condition for a coaching hire in the past (Blank), will that still be the case?

Love some Matt Ryan, but part of me wonders if the team does hit the coaching rest button again if it’s time to reset the roster too and move guys like Ryan and Julio for big draft capital. Risky proposition but it’s been the trend it seems.

my biggest fear would be Riley wanting to trade Ryan to CLE for Mayfield because he thinks he can replicate his Oklahoma days...😬

A coaching change definitely means we move on from Ryan, whether it be this season or next. His fate is sealed with DQ. 

On 9/15/2020 at 7:28 PM, FalconofShadows said:

I want Bienemy(I can't spell it) give Ryan a Offensive mind HC to end his career and get a real good DC you can just leave the defense too and forget about it.

I can certainly see where B would be an excellent choice!  My only question  is how much of that if Holmgren vs B?? I guess it doesn’t matter as long as B has it down so to speak.  We’d still need a competent D coordinator as well.  

On 9/15/2020 at 6:48 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

1st overall pick ain’t happening with this roster buddy

Yeah, but Bieniemy might still happen.

Also, ROFL if anyone automatically thinks they want to replace Ryan. Could happen but he isn’t Brees or Brady at this stage. Could easily play another 5 years.

3 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I can certainly see where B would be an excellent choice!  My only question  is how much of that if Holmgren vs B?? I guess it doesn’t matter as long as B has it down so to speak.  We’d still need a competent D coordinator as well.  

Ya mean Reid? They do look like brothers. Holmgren did bring the Seahawks into a legit spotlight team