• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Eric Bienemy

I dont think Quinn will make it through the year.

Season 6 of this Quinn BS. He is an average HC at best, but what really gets me is he has no fire on the sidelines.  He doesn't fight for the team when there is egregious calls, he sits there like a w

4 minutes ago, blizzard_falcon said:

Offensive:
Eric Bieniemy (Chiefs OC)
Greg Roman (Ravens OC)
Josh McDaniels (Patriots OC)
Lincoln Riley  (Univ. of Oklahoma HC)

Defensive:
Don Martindale (Ravens DC)
Robert Saleh (49ers DC)
Leslie Frazier (Bills DC)
Mike Pettine (Packers DC)

Other:
Dave Toub (Chiefs ST)

Give me Bieniemy or Riley. I think they both bring different mindsets and Riley could be a huge gamble. I just have a feeling he has what it takes, especially if Kingsbury does well this year.

However; if the Falcons have to hire a new HC, I expect Matt's predecessor to be drafted. Just sucks he might not get the championship he deserves for Atlanta. 

(Excuses if none of that is coherent, I may have taken some....uh...."Vitamins"

4 minutes ago, DirtyBird2 said:

Give me Bieniemy or Riley. I think they both bring different mindsets and Riley could be a huge gamble. I just have a feeling he has what it takes, especially if Kingsbury does well this year.

However; if the Falcons have to hire a new HC, I expect Matt's predecessor to be drafted. Just sucks he might not get the championship he deserves for Atlanta. 

(Excuses if none of that is coherent, I may have taken some....uh...."Vitamins"

An offensive minded HC definitely increases the chance we draft a QB next year... especially if we wind up with a really poor record this season

1 minute ago, blizzard_falcon said:

An offensive minded HC definitely increases the chance we draft a QB next year... especially if we wind up with a really poor record this season

It's gotta be an offensive minded hire. The last two were supposed defensive "gurus" and haven't elevated our defense at all while we lost the best OC the NFL had seen in a while. A DC is less likely to be taken from a team now-a-days as the league focuses on points. 

We just need a new minded DC and we have the pieces to compete. The 💩 we run for defense is way too archaic but we have athletes in place that can do well in multiple schemes 

9 hours ago, blizzard_falcon said:

Offensive:
Eric Bieniemy (Chiefs OC)
Josh McDaniels (Patriots OC)
Greg Roman (Ravens OC)
Brian Daboll (Bills OC)
Lincoln Riley (Univ. of Oklahoma HC)

Defensive:
Don Martindale (Ravens DC)
Mike Pettine (Packers DC)
Robert Saleh (49ers DC)
Leslie Frazier (Bills DC)

Special Teams:
Dave Toub (Chiefs ST)

Thanks for the list. The thing I wonder looking at the list of offensive guys, is how many would want to stick w Ryan vs get a mobile QB to fit their scheme. I would think Josh McDaniels would be the most likely to think Ryan fits their style. The other thing is that working w Matt Ryan has been a condition for a coaching hire in the past (Blank), will that still be the case?

Love some Matt Ryan, but part of me wonders if the team does hit the coaching rest button again if it’s time to reset the roster too and move guys like Ryan and Julio for big draft capital. Risky proposition but it’s been the trend it seems.

my biggest fear would be Riley wanting to trade Ryan to CLE for Mayfield because he thinks he can replicate his Oklahoma days...😬

5 minutes ago, SipDirtyBird84 said:

I say we promote Morris to HC and get a proven OC and DC to come in and change our philosophy please! It would be great to have a consistently good defense.

Promote Morris because we would have a good defense? I mean, he is the DC and specializes in DBs...which were the main problem Sunday. If we’re jumping to conclusions after week 1, he surely isn’t exempt.

28 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

Promote Morris because we would have a good defense? I mean, he is the DC and specializes in DBs...which were the main problem Sunday. If we’re jumping to conclusions after week 1, he surely isn’t exempt.

I agree but he did get the team to play better last year. 

Let’s see what adjustments they make.

Season 6 of this Quinn BS. He is an average HC at best, but what really gets me is he has no fire on the sidelines.  He doesn't fight for the team when there is egregious calls, he sits there like a water-boy looking to hand out a towel, doesn't get in the refs face. Top all that off when with terrible situational calls and time management and I just cringe when I see him with all this talent going to waste.

I think the bigger question is who'd actually want to come and contend with all the ideas of the other idiots in the room. I mean one of these HCs are gonna eventually have to have the ultimate set of intestinal fortitudes & tell Blank/Dimi/McKay or whomever to CHILL TH out while their getting the football side of the business handled! 

After the last couple season endings in which we negated TWO Top 10 draft picks (mostly for the sake of Matt Ryan's stats I honestly believe) + losing out on the ability to unload bad debt with timely trades (I mean anybody who has a half-decent basic understanding of investing probably knows that) & all this just to keep the DQ & Dimi thing going a little while longer?

All while us fans remain continuously hoping Matt Ryan finally turns into a guy who can make all his own reads as well as prepare his own full game plan packages + audibles with screens or be able to hire and keep the top OCs + convince his offensive line to block for him and execute all of those things in concert consistently at a high level like the one he's actually paid at?? Idk. Maybe Matt Ryan being a $30M QB really isn't a euphemism. 

That's a lot for any Championship-minded Coach to have to come and contend with imo. Arthur Blank is a becoming a bit Jerry Jones-ish at this point as it is. So whomever is chosen to replace DQ needs to be able to stand up to him. And possibly get rid of Dimitrioff... Or McKay lol. Idk but imo it's not as ideal a situation as fans would probably like to believe. 

Edited by Hurry_Up_And_Buy
22 minutes ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Season 6 of this Quinn BS. He is an average HC at best, but what really gets me is he has no fire on the sidelines.  He doesn't fight for the team when there is egregious calls, he sits there like a water-boy looking to hand out a towel, doesn't get in the refs face. Top all that off when with terrible situational calls and time management and I just cringe when I see him with all this talent going to waste.

I said the same thing when he didn’t challenge or get at the refs on the hit Adams put on Gage. He should’ve been kicked out the game.

1 hour ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

100%. I can't stand that...

2 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

I said the same thing when he didn’t challenge or get at the refs on the hit Adams put on Gage. He should’ve been kicked out the game.

It would have been hilarious if the refs had kicked Quinn out of the game for not protesting the call. Would have given us a chance to win the game to boot. 

18 hours ago, ike barn87987 said:

Because I have zero confidence in DQ to turn it around. I have never believed in the momentum to carry over almost a whole year to the next. It ain’t like we played the next week after going 6-2 at the end of last season. So tell me what momentum is that.

It’s the same thing as last year but what makes it worse is that the schedule is way harder this year. If they played to save his job, then they better have that same mentality because it’s already looking ugly and if not I don’t think AB will wait till the end of the season this time. 

So who might be out there that could get us to where we need to be? And I’m not talking about somebody that’s already within. I think DQ and TD needs to go.

Eric Bienemy. But the pandemic may give DQ an excuse if rookies play like trash for a while.