All Grades for Falcons Week 1

• Ergo Proxy changed the title to Highest Graded Falcons Week 1
2 minutes ago, The Rock said:

How Grady Jarrett is not top 5 is proof how ratings still don't measure intangibles.

Merely. 4 a difference. You are arguing over less than half a point lol.

PFF isn't gospel. Still, a decent data point on player analysis. Any grade under 70 isn't good compared to league average. I feel grades match performance of unit. Offense scored higher as some individuals produced more. Would be shocked any defender hit 80s with the unit doing so poorly. PFF doesn't reflect poor coaching calls either. Front 7 on D standing out makes sense tho.

8 minutes ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

Senat 👀

Picking up where he left off from his rookie season. Too bad Marlon is going send him back to the bench.

One thing the grades dont reflect is snap counts, but ya Senat isn't as versatile as Marlon. Maybe Means is benched instead, depending on the matchup week to week?

Tbh jake Matthews looked good yesterday especially what I saw in pass pro. Also those screens should have been run to his side as I’ve seen him fold some corners up like a lawn chair. I like mcgary and lindstrom as big athletic offensive linemen but there is something to be said about the proper timing and ability to actually nail blocks in space. 

Edited by Xero
4 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

One thing the grades dont reflect is snap counts, but ya Senat isn't as versatile as Marlon. Maybe Means is benched instead, depending on the matchup week to week?

Possibly but I don’t really see them carrying 4 DTs as well as Cominsky in game day. Especially as we get deeper in the season because I just know Takk(really everyone) is going to get nicked up.

Problem is those grades don‘t differentiate between meaningful snaps and garbage time stat padding. 

If someone who has not watched the game looks at the grades (and stats) he might think that our offense was on fire. Truth is, that offense didn‘t produce anything when it mattered but racked up yardage when it didn’t matter anymore.

16 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

Problem is those grades don‘t differentiate between meaningful snaps and garbage time stat padding. 

If someone who has not watched the game looks at the grades (and stats) he might think that our offense was on fire. Truth is, that offense didn‘t produce anything when it mattered but racked up yardage when it didn’t matter anymore.

We had 250 yards at halftime Scoring, valid point, but a lot went into the late surge and it wasn't the fake narrative Seattle was in prevent. We straight up beat them in the red zone but once.

3 minutes ago, vel said:

No way Kazee was better than Grady. He didn't do anything. Same with him over Fowler. 

Ya, that's PFF for you. Just one piece of daata. Maybe since he had more snaps, his grades evens out on plays he wasn't exploited etc, to cover some of the poor plays? Cause he definitely allowed a TD to Olsen.

5 hours ago, Jerz #GurleySZN said:

They had a plan for Grady after he started wrecking it early in the game.

What? You mean coaches are allowed to make adjustments like that during the game?

Are you saying that our coaches could have made adjustments to keep Adams from owning us yesterday?

Asking for a pom-pom waver.

😠

1 hour ago, vel said:

No way Kazee was better than Grady. He didn't do anything. Same with him over Fowler. 

Gotta watch the tape but what I saw from him live looked good to me. Yeah he didn't help Oliver on the DK fourth down bomb but Quinn already said that wasn't his assignment. KNeal, Suave and Krazee will all be FAs in March 2021, a severely capped year. I'd give Kazee a deal. The other guys can pound sand. And I was once a Neal fan. Gotta add a safety next year. An as beatin vet and another rook preferably.

• Ergo Proxy changed the title to All Grades for Falcons Week 1