Zero of Russell Wilson's 35 pass attempts today were thrown into a tight window (<1 yard of separation), per NFL Next Gen Stats.

7 hours ago, AtlLover said:

Entering today, the most passes in a game without a tight window throw was 30, by Derek Carr in 2019 against LAC. Tight windows were first tracked in 2016. 

How is that possible? 0-16 if this keeps up. 

One Word: Dan Quinn

With this group of safeties I think running a traditional 2 deep safety defense may be the way to go.... or maybe the Tampa 2 because they have the MLB for it.

It's been 6 years and you would have thought they would have ironed out the coverage issues 3 years ago. 

30 minutes ago, athell said:

How come?  Not disagreeing, but just curious as to your thought process on why?  Seems we played a lot of off ball soft coverage with zero safety help from the single high look.

I guess by the litteral  definition I am wrong but we did force 3 strait punts and we got a couple coverage sacks where we had everything buttoned up.

We really only have up 3 deep plays all game and we for the most part kept everything in front.

On 9/14/2020 at 3:19 AM, AtlLover said:

Entering today, the most passes in a game without a tight window throw was 30, by Derek Carr in 2019 against LAC. Tight windows were first tracked in 2016. 

How is that possible? 0-16 if this keeps up. 

It was the zone scheme, not the players not playing well. Russell Wilson is not the type of QB that you can play in Man Coverage with. He would kill us running the ball. Also, don't let that stat fool you. Even if we did have tight coverage, he probably throws that better than anyone as well.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

I guess by the litteral  definition I am wrong but we did force 3 strait punts and we got a couple coverage sacks where we had everything buttoned up.

We really only have up 3 deep plays all game and we for the most part kept everything in front.

Must be nice to be Russ and not have to attempt anything that isn’t wide open.

5 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

When you play a soft 8-12 yard cushion, not much should get behind you. I honestly think the last time I saw this team play press coverage was when Glanville was our HC.

Edited by jstammer