Matt Ryan now #9 in all time passing yardage

1 hour ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Brady can't win with an elite supporting cast.

Josh McDaniels winning with a Cam Newton that no one wanted.

Get Matt an offensive mind as Headcoach

Exactly, look what happened in New England yesterday and New Orleans.

Cam, like you said, no one wanted goes into their system and looks like a super star!

Brady looked like an old man yesterday.

Can we agree that we don't have "the system" for Matt or really any QB to be a super star since Shanny left?

I’m personally over hearing Matt’s career statistics. They get thrown out as an accomplishment then in the same conversation, if winning a ring comes up it’s stated that he needs a offensive mind to get it done. Or he needs this and he needs that. 

Every player needs a good coach and a good supporting cast, but if we’re gonna talk about what he’s done offensively far as stats goes then it’s more than fair to talk about his lack of winning the big game. 

Yea it was a mistake to hire a defensive minded coach. Ryan has no consistency cause we are always changing OCs either cause they suck or they are good and get poached.

We need an OC as HC so our offense stays consistent and we can go after the best young DCs when they become available.

Either TD or Blank really f'd up by always having a Defensive minded coach with Ryan.

3 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Brady can't win with an elite supporting cast.

Josh McDaniels winning with a Cam Newton that no one wanted.

Get Matt an offensive mind as Headcoach

McDaniels had 3 years without Brady.  Two years as HC and another as OC of the Rams.  The year before accepting Denver’s job the offense ranked 2nd in the NFL.  McDaniels took over and the rankings plummeted:

1. Denver 2008 (Pre-McDaniels): 2nd in NFL
  2. Denver 2009: 15th in NFL
  3. Denver 2010: 20th in NFL
  4. Rams 2010 (Pre-McDaniels): 290 points
  5. Rams 2011: 189 points (11.8 ppg) scored 32nd overall

6 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Ryan passed Elway to become #9 in all-time passing yards Sunday. He sits at 51,636 after throwing for 450 yards in an embarrassing loss at home.

Didn't see it posted and I'm sure most are already aware of it, but it deserves its own thread i.m.o.

Matts avg per year is better then any QB on that list..good job

35 minutes ago, ROMERO said:

GeT rId Of RyAn, I wAnT fIeLdS bEcAuSe He RuNs 

I think a Matt Ryan with some athleticism, mobility, and arm strength would have us a couple of rings by now. The ability to extend plays, sidestep rushers, throw across the field, and force the D to assign a shadow every play cannot be overstated. A mobile, strong armed, smart QB can carry a team. The defense would have to give JJ a bigger cushion because they know a deep rope is coming if he gets behind you instead of a lazy pop fly. It is the difference between giving Julio 3 seconds to get open and ten seconds.

I'm hoping for Trevor Lawrence.

52 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

McDaniels had 3 years without Brady.  Two years as HC and another as OC of the Rams.  The year before accepting Denver’s job the offense ranked 2nd in the NFL.  McDaniels took over and the rankings plummeted:

Got any stats from this decade?

He definitely screwed the pooch in Denver, but so did his mentor Belichek in Cleveland.

I don't know about you, I'll rather have the OC that made the adjustments to win the game after being down 3-28 in the SB.

Also McDaniels was handpicked by the Colts GM to run their franchise, and I know how much of a lovefest people have for the Colts' front office here. Lucky for us, McD turned down the Colts

I am happy for his personal stats.  It is too bad his numbers do not translate into championships. 

I saw another pass from Ryan to Jones that required Jones to slow down and come back towards the defender to make the catch.  Jones would have scored a TD if Ryan had put the ball where it belonged.  You can say that no one is perfect, but you have to admit that this situation has happened many times.  

Ryan is a good QB with great numbers, but he is not in the top five and may not belong in the top ten of this league.  I need to take a closer look at the rest of the QB's but I would not be surprised to rank Ryan out of the top ten. 

3 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Let's not forget what happened in Denver in 09 and 10.

1 word. Tim Tebow

Ryan has been good most of his career, with 1 elite season. There were always at least 3 QBs better than him. But on. Average he's been top 8. 

Despite having HOF stats, he isn't given much credit because he's not clutch early the the first 3 quarters of a game to put teams away consistently and lacks the "killer instinct" factor. Which is my most people outside of Atlanta see him as good but not elite. 

I'd rather have Ryan than about 20 other QBs in the league, however he's past his prime but still highly serviceable. 

1 hour ago, etherdome said:

I am happy for his personal stats.  It is too bad his numbers do not translate into championships. 

I saw another pass from Ryan to Jones that required Jones to slow down and come back towards the defender to make the catch.  Jones would have scored a TD if Ryan had put the ball where it belonged.  You can say that no one is perfect, but you have to admit that this situation has happened many times.  

Ryan is a good QB with great numbers, but he is not in the top five and may not belong in the top ten of this league.  I need to take a closer look at the rest of the QB's but I would not be surprised to rank Ryan out of the top ten. 

He wasn't able to step into the throw though.  It's 11 guys.  He led the league in deep passing in 2016.  It's not about ability.  It's about everyone doing their job.

Ryan didn't have a good day, so don't get me wrong.  I'm not just making excuses.  He missed some stuff.  But it looked to me like the whole team was out of sync.  Again.  That's on coaching more than anything.  We have talent.  We showed last season we could utilize that talent to beat good teams.  So why don't we do it consistently?  Why do we play our best with nothing at all on the line?

5 hours ago, Dirtier Bird said:

I think a Matt Ryan with some athleticism, mobility, and arm strength would have us a couple of rings by now. The ability to extend plays, sidestep rushers, throw across the field, and force the D to assign a shadow every play cannot be overstated. A mobile, strong armed, smart QB can carry a team. The defense would have to give JJ a bigger cushion because they know a deep rope is coming if he gets behind you instead of a lazy pop fly. It is the difference between giving Julio 3 seconds to get open and ten seconds.

I'm hoping for Trevor Lawrence.

Bieniemy and Lawrence sounds like a reboot with some promise.