At Least We Didn't Lose In Embarrassing Fashion

LOL!! The Bengals lost to the Chargers 16-13 after their kicker missed the short game-tying FG attempt at the end of the game because he got a cramp in his leg right as he attempted to kick the ball. You can't make this stuff up!! Poor Cincinnati Bengals.

Falcons also didn't lose after being up 17-0. Oops Eagles.

Falcons also didn't lose after being up 23-6 and then have a chance to win the game but drop the game-winning TD with 6 seconds left. Oof Lions.

Falcons also didn't lose because their idiot head coach decided to pass up on the game-tying FG attempt only to never get the ball anywhere near scoring opportunity again. Ugh Cowboys.

Falcons also didn't lead the entire game and then find a way to lose to the Jaguars who are in tank mode. Ummm, Colts, what you doing?

See, it could always be worse? LOL! Just a little levity among all the doom and gloom that dominates this place after a loss.

• Replies 67
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

38 at home I’d be calling that embarrassing. An offense loaded with talent could barely put up 20 embarrassment. A team that talked alot during the off season can’t deliver when it counts,em

We still got embarrassed. 

These first four games are a referendum on Quinn where it could seriously be for his job. If he starts out 1-3 or 0-4 after last year’s disastrous 1-6 start he won’t make it to the bye week.

4 minutes ago, Dirtybird56 said:

Some of those ways to lose would indicate more fixable problems than our 38 points given up at home 

even tho I think we turn it around :)

They wouldn’t be fixable if they weren’t in the position to go on 4th down.

Those 1st 2 Seahawks TDs were untouched screens like seriously untouched.

The most worrying thing and this is a DQ trend is when consistently is this team going to be able to play complimentary football.You just can’t have Offense Defense and STs making this many mistakes and expect to win football games.

14 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Meh, I agree with OP.

We had what, 4 failed 4th down calls and a fumble on a fake punt? 

It's a much closer game if we didn't even try to go on 4th down and just punted

Thing is the last couple years this has become the norm. Happens too often that we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

These first four games are a referendum on Quinn where it could seriously be for his job.

If he starts out 1-3 or 0-4 after last year’s disastrous 1-6 start he won’t make it to the bye week.

No more excuses. No more moral victories.

Lose by 3. Lose by 30. It’s still a loss and Quinn no longer has the benefit of the doubt

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Boy we've got a ton of whiners on here. Folks can't even laugh at other team's failures.

How can you when they’ve been doing it for the last 2 seasons going into there 3rd it’s just painful to watch.Laughing stopped after the first year your still doing the same dumb ****e going into your 3 Rd year nope someone isn’t doing there job.

16 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

How can you when they’ve been doing it for the last 2 seasons going into there 3rd it’s just painful to watch.Laughing stopped after the first year your still doing the same dumb ****e going into your 3 Rd year nope someone isn’t doing there job.

I can because I'm not all doom and gloom about the Falcons. I can joke and laugh about the way other teams lose games.

3 hours ago, Sipifalcon said:

Thing is the last couple years this has become the norm. Happens too often that we shoot ourselves in the foot time and time again.

That's true and that's why DQ isn't suitable to be a headcoach anymore. But we could have still won the game if we just played a regular game. It didn't have to be an exceptional game.

I hope we get an offensive coach with some ingenuity as the next HC. 

3 Turnover on Downs, a Fumble after converting a separate 4th down, a missed XP, a failed 2pt conversion and a yolo bomb INT that if we were only down by 1 score could have been another scoring drive. Not to mention allowing a 4th down 40 yard TD pass and getting flagged on a 3rd and 23 that should have been a punt and instead resulted in a TD for them.

How we lost by 13 instead of 43 Idk. 

I'm not as down as most seem to be on here. I expected a close game. 14-12 at half and then it unraveled in the 2nd half after giving up that deep TD pass on 4th down. 

Gurley looked good early and we got away from that. This whole pitch count thing is gonna be real annoying as the season goes on. Feed him.