Does Blank Fire Quinn Tomorrow?

What more does anyone need to see of Quinn? Excuses, excuses. Choked a Superbowl.  Scapegoated his defensive line coach. Scapegoated Sarkisian.  Had to hire a TIMEKEEPER. Covid.  The wrong rap playlist at practice. It's always something. The dude is a scrub head coach. I've seen enough  with him...

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Does he? No Should he? Yes

Btw, the NFL should allow "boos" to be pumped in during Falcons home games. It would make it more real, more normal.😁

Posted Images

5 hours ago, Ezekiel 25:17 said:

TBF, we did turn over 35% of the roster in a quarantined off season.

So Quinn does have the same excuse.

With that said, this isn’t the first time we haven’t been ready come the first game and is a trend, which sends out all kinds of alarm bells to me as well! 

Quinn didn’t change the most important part of thee equation and Brady had to learn a new offense with new guys coming in.Ryan has had for the most part a lot of the same guys for years and the same OC yet 12 points in 3 qtrs and blown out at home.

Tampa were on the road playing the #1 conference seed and while they got beaten they at least have more rope.What  we put up yesterday was a disgrace first game at home.

40 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Quinn didn’t change the most important part of thee equation and Brady had to learn a new offense with new guys coming in.Ryan has had for the most part a lot of the same guys for years and the same OC yet 12 points in 3 qtrs and blown out at home.

Tampa were on the road playing the #1 conference seed and while they got beaten they at least have more rope.What  we put up yesterday was a disgrace first game at home.

So yesterday was Matt’s fault, not the play calling, not the decision making, not the confusion in the secondary, it was Matt’s fault for not bailing the OC out more.

Even though he threw for over 450 yards and had to run from a safety his coach never made adjustments to at least slow down.

Got it! 

8 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

Rumor was Bobby Petrino was like that in a sense but he was TOO strict and the players didn't like it. Probably woulda done this team some good if he had stayed?

Nah... They would have just duct taped him and hung his Rat@ss up in a locker and kept going. 

15 hours ago, kiwifalcon said:

Rich McKay wants TDs job in which both DQ and TD will be fired and we will retread every ex Tampa Bay FO and coach known to man.

We will rebrand and be known as the Succaneers 2.0.

This to a degree is my fear.  Rich’s dad was a coach.  Rich is an NFL Corp suite but I’m not convinced he knows how to construct a roster, staff or manage a locker room in today’s NFL. We need an outside, rough around the edges, hardware toting, highly successful individual both on the field and in front office to serve as ABs consultant re: staffing (front office/coaching/scouting/player development and of course cap ngt), roster construction, system philosophy.  It needs to be someone who’s free to speak their mind with no baggage (e.g. not interviewing for coaching/GM positions).   AB should send McKay back to marketing dept. Blank needs someone w no agenda to sit thru film reviews w him. Show him when, how and why were failing on the field, develop an organizational philosophy (roadmap of what type team we’re trying to build), develop a list of competent coaching candidates, GM candidates and related pros/cons of each.  This individual needs to Shepard the interviewing, hiring and firing for the next 8-12 months at minimum.  I’m not talking about some fossil but someone connected with league currently who knows how to look for innovation while adhearing to old school fundamentals both organizationally and on the field.  That box at Benz needs to be repopulated as well as the coaching tree is basically what I’m saying.  He’s been given poor staffing advice.  Time to right the ship. No more weasels or wimps in the bldg!!  No more buddy system!!!!!  Professionalism and accountability are key to success!!

4 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

This to a degree is my fear.  Rich’s dad was a coach.  Rich is an NFL Corp suite but I’m not convinced he knows how to construct a roster, staff or manage a locker room in today’s NFL. We need an outside, rough around the edges, hardware toting, highly successful individual both on the field and in front office to serve as ABs consultant re: staffing (front office/coaching/scouting/player development and of course cap ngt), roster construction, system philosophy.  It needs to be someone who’s free to speak their mind with no baggage (e.g. not interviewing for coaching/GM positions).   AB should send McKay back to marketing dept. Blank needs someone w no agenda to sit thru film reviews w him. Show him when, how and why were failing on the field, develop an organizational philosophy (roadmap of what type team we’re trying to build), develop a list of competent coaching candidates, GM candidates and related pros/cons of each.  This individual needs to Shepard the interviewing, hiring and firing for the next 8-12 months at minimum.  I’m not talking about some fossil but someone connected with league currently who knows how to look for innovation while adhearing to old school fundamentals both organizationally and on the field.  That box at Benz needs to be repopulated as well as the coaching tree is basically what I’m saying.  He’s been given poor staffing advice.  Time to right the ship. No more weasels or wimps in the bldg!!  No more buddy system!!!!!  Professionalism and accountability are key to success!!

That post was taking the piss Bubba.

WHat we need in the FO is an experienced set of eyes a guy who knows what it takes to take a team to the top.Who has the experience to make tough calls.

I know Bill Polian is ancient but I’d be having him in the building tomorrow to oversea the next off season and exactly that to make some tough calls.

As it looks like now I’m ready for a new direction it’ll mean 5-6 years of pain but so be it.Im sick of watching talent get pissed away because we have people who don’t know how to use it.

We seemingly have a HC who seems to be throwing darts in the dark.

2 hours ago, Spts1 said:

What more does anyone need to see of Quinn? Excuses, excuses. Choked a Superbowl.  Scapegoated his defensive line coach. Scapegoated Sarkisian.  Had to hire a TIMEKEEPER. Covid.  The wrong rap playlist at practice. It's always something. The dude is a scrub head coach. I've seen enough  with him...

This......it’s not going to change!!  Yes, we’ll come up for air and win a few, maybe squeak into playoffs...heck maybe even win a playoff game again someday (not w DK though) but that’s it!!!!!!!!  Get down to nut cutting time and this SOFT staff and as a result SOFT team will fold like a lawn chair.  We’ll always be a cpl plays or bad decisions away from getting it done.  Sad but true.  Five years does not lie!! 

5 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

WHat we need in the FO is an experienced set of eyes a guy who knows what it takes to take a team to the top.Who has the experience to make tough calls.

I know Bill Polian is ancient but I’d be having him in the building tomorrow to oversea the next off season and exactly that to make some tough calls.

As it looks like now I’m ready for a new direction it’ll mean 5-6 years of pain but so be it.Im sick of watching talent get pissed away because we have people who don’t know how to use it.

I’d take BP in heartbeat.  In fact his name was in my head as I was typing. The NFL is a different animal than just competing w Lowe’s and Ace Hardware.  We have to have tough choices made by someone competent sooner rather than later too!

I’m as frustrated as any watching once again our passing defense look like blind men trying to run with gazelles. However, even given his weakness as an overly affectionate football team owner, Blank is astute enough to know he will never attract an elite head coaching prospect firing a man mid season, barring a historic collapse, even by Falcon standards. Think about it...he never has. Reeves and Petrino quit on him before season’s end while Mora and Smith were terminated at season’s end. 

10 minutes ago, kiwifalcon said:

Kiwi,

i knew you weren’t serious abt McKay but I do fear his input has already hurt us badly and sure don’t want him advising AB.  

1 hour ago, JDaveG said:

No, this time in 2016 we were all saying the same thing.

Not that we're going to the Super Bowl this season.  But that was an equally embarrassing loss to a less talented Bucs team than the one we just faced in Seattle.

That was a very discouraging loss. I remember that day wondering why I even bother as I walked out of the stadium.

6 hours ago, Hard2BaBirdWachr said:

Rumor was Bobby Petrino was like that in a sense but he was TOO strict and the players didn't like it. Probably woulda done this team some good if he had stayed?

Petrino tried to treat NFL vets like they were college freshmen who needed to be guided counseled and disciplined, instead of treating them like the adults they were.

One rule Petrino had?  No talking during lunch.   Imagine being Lawyer Milloy or Roddy White, and having your HC make such an insane rule.

Edited by egoprime II

Firing Quinn is not getting at the root of the problem. Unless changes are made at the top Quinn's replacement will be more of the same . Mora, Smith and Quinn, the next guy is liable to be worse. Blank needs to fire himself from meddling and influencing foptball descions and the football operations need a new brain trust from Dimitroff on down..

12 hours ago, NCFalconfan said:

Beginning to wish Blank would fire himself. Nice guy, big heart, but as an owner he puts up with way too much mediocrity.

Ever since he played the "momentum" and "they won't quit on this coach" cards and didn't fire these clowns, I've felt the same way.  Too bad Blank doesn't have an adult child to take the reins.

On 9/14/2020 at 12:45 AM, Dirtybird56 said:

Even though it’s not very strong logic, we lost in a pretty similar way to the Bucs in our season opener 2016

Sadly, this probably is how Coach Bro thinks...we had to get this loss out of the way so we can get "explosive" and start our SB run (where we will give up a 28-3 lead).

Same old, same old!