Jump to content

Braves vs. Orioles


Recommended Posts

  • Replies 263
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Are you monitoring Hurricane Luke or hurricane Touki.  Both are a 5.  

Its decent. Not quite Ender Inciarte numbers but decent nonetheless 

6 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Any word on who it is Tuesday? Folty maybe?

 

6 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

The belief is that it will be Folty but that hasn't been confirmed by anyone.

 Folty started yesterday in Gwinnet. They could have scratched him but his next day would be this weekend in NY. It'l probably be Ynoa or Wilson IMO. Then next time this spot comes up it becomes Folty. Still gives Folty a couple of starts to audition for the playoff roster. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

 

Folty started yesterday in Gwinnet. They could have scratched him but his next day would be this weekend in NY. It'l probably be Ynoa or Wilson IMO. Then next time this spot comes up it becomes Folty. Still gives Folty a couple of starts to audition for the playoff roster. 

Rather have seen Folty than Ynoa or Wilson but whatever.

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

 

 Folty started yesterday in Gwinnet. They could have scratched him but his next day would be this weekend in NY. It'l probably be Ynoa or Wilson IMO. Then next time this spot comes up it becomes Folty. Still gives Folty a couple of starts to audition for the playoff roster. 

Also have heard whispers of a Tucker Davidson promotion, but I'd put my money on Bryse Wilson tomorrow.

Link to post
Share on other sites

DOB confirmed that Folty was not scratched yesterday. He started and reportedly continued to show improvement. I fully expect him to make a start this weekend. Still thinking Ynoa/Wilson tomorrow then depending on how long they go you can play the fresh arm musical chairs until Folty needs that roster spot.

Link to post
Share on other sites
41 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Josh Tomlin is a future pitching coach.  Minter credited Tomlin with fixing him mentally this offseason. Now Kyle Wrighr says Tomlin worked with him recently to move to the left side of the rubber. The results were on display last night in DC. 

Bring him on board when he hangs them up. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
51 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Josh Tomlin is a future pitching coach.  Minter credited Tomlin with fixing him mentally this offseason. Now Kyle Wrighr says Tomlin worked with him recently to move to the left side of the rubber. The results were on display last night in DC. 

 

9 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

Bring him on board when he hangs them up. 

Fire Rick Kranitz and make Tomlin pitching coach right now!!

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, AUTiger7222 said:

 

Fire Rick Kranitz and make Tomlin pitching coach right now!!

I don't think Kranitz has been here long enough to make any type of definitive determination on the job he has done. There is certainly precedent for this team having multiple coaches splitting duties (e.g., Seitzer and Jose Castro), so there is definitely room for both of those guys on the staff. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, ATLBrave said:

I don't think Kranitz has been here long enough to make any type of definitive determination on the job he has done. There is certainly precedent for this team having multiple coaches splitting duties (e.g., Seitzer and Jose Castro), so there is definitely room for both of those guys on the staff. 

My opinion of Kranitz is based on his entire body of work as an MLB pitching coach including his stops in Miami, Baltimore and Milwaukee where the numbers were ugly and seemed to get worse the longer he was pitching coach.

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

My opinion of Kranitz is based on his entire body of work as an MLB pitching coach including his stops in Miami, Baltimore and Milwaukee where the numbers were ugly and seemed to get worse the longer he was pitching coach.

Have you looked at what Kranitz had to work with in Miami and Baltimore??? Had little-to-no talent to work with during that entire 5 year period. And I would disagree mightily on that assessment with Milwaukee. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, ATLBrave said:

Have you looked at what Kranitz had to work with in Miami and Baltimore??? Had little-to-no talent to work with during that entire 5 year period. And I would disagree mightily on that assessment with Milwaukee. 

Ok, let's throw Miami and Baltimore out the window and talk about Milwaukee. Here's where his teams ranked in ERA.

  • 2011 - 9th (3.63)
  • 2012 - 22nd (4.22)
  • 2013 - 16th (3.84)
  • 2014 - 17th (3.67)
  • 2015 - 24th (4.28)

Great his first year and then not so great after. The pitchers that have shown improvement since Kranitz has been here have given other players on the team credit for their improvement. Who has Kranitz worked that improved since he's been with the Braves? I mean the numbers are what they are. If he was such a good pitching coach why aren't the results improving?

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.


×
×
  • Create New...