Jump to content

Turnovers: 4 of 6 Second Half Possession Ended in TO’s


Recommended Posts

We ended the day with 3 turnover on downs, a fumble and an INT.  In a game of inches you will never succeed doing this, especially when Seattle has no turnovers.

Offense has to be better.  McGary was bad and single handedly ended two first half drives.  Gurley was solid early but I don’t think he looked explosive.  Need to get Hurst & Hill more involved in the game.

GRADY & DEBO were simply outstanding.  Terrell was very good outside of one play on the RW run

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, Jesus said:

Hurst had that great diving catch but he was okay.

They stopped running outside after the first half.  It was right into someone's butt after that. 

I have no clue why thy stopped stretching wide on our runs after the first quarter.  Once we got off our scripted plays, the run game went to ****

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Jesus said:

Koetter doesn't know how to use the playbook creatively. I would hope he learned something but I'm not holding my breath 

I have seen this comment several times.

It still is not true.

The offense had chances to make plays  but missed some.

I get it...people like bag on DK but better execution is a far far bigger problem

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I have seen this comment several times.

It still is not true.

The offense had chances to make plays  but missed some.

I get it...people like bag on DK but better execution is a far far bigger problem

Of course they should execute better but what happened to the outside zone and play action in the 3rd quarter?

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I have no clue why thy stopped stretching wide on our runs after the first quarter.  Once we got off our scripted plays, the run game went to ****

Bingo.  After the scripted plays were done, the entire coaching staff reverted to their traditional full (I used a word here that required my mouth to be washed out) mode. (sorry, too old to be PC).

Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I have seen this comment several times.

It still is not true.

The offense had chances to make plays  but missed some.

I get it...people like bag on DK but better execution is a far far bigger problem

Execution and on field decision making is a big problem at times, but coaching decisions far too often put our players in bad matchups and make it harder to execute.  Could go back an pull out many examples, but a perfect example of this was rolling Ryan out to the right on 4th down in the red zone and the only receiver (2 receivers on the field), but the ONLY eligible receiver was Gage, the #3 receiver who they motioned over to the right and into double coverage.  Ryan couldn't do anything but take the sack because of stupid situational playcalling.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, Robb4242 said:

Execution and on field decision making is a big problem at times, but coaching decisions far too often put our players in bad matchups and make it harder to execute.  Could go back an pull out many examples, but a perfect example of this was rolling Ryan out to the right on 4th down in the red zone and the only receiver (2 receivers on the field), but the ONLY eligible receiver was Gage, the #3 receiver who they motioned over to the right and into double coverage.  Ryan couldn't do anything but take the sack because of stupid situational playcalling.

That is not how that play happened.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites

As bad as the first half was the defense had settled down and the offense was moving the ball a little bit. There were some good things in that 1st half and at 14-12 at halftime you expect it to continue. But the 2nd half was awful. Seattle made adjustments and the Falcons didn't. Of course we're use to the opponent making adjustments at halftime and the Falcons not. Not the first time and won't be the last time.

Link to post
Share on other sites
39 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Lol at blaming McGary for the blitz sacks. Ryan should have called that out but he didn't. You expect more from your QB. McGary blocked his man and the extra guy came home free.

I encourage you to go watch the game:

• 4th & 3 at Seattle 40: 1st Quarter.  McGary tries time go low and misses the block which caused the TO on downs

• 3rd & 6 at ATL 44: 2nd Quarter - Ryan sacked because McGary missed his block

 

He was good in run game but a liability in pass pro

Link to post
Share on other sites

3rd & 23: Rico gives up a huge interference and they score a TD. If he doesn't do that there, Seattle punts (7 points off the board).

4th & 5: Oliver turns into burnt toast with no safety help over the top and they score a TD. If no burnt toast, they turn it over on downs. (7 points off the board).

 

Seattle would be at 24 points.

 

4th & 3 on the Seattle 40. Instead of punting and possibly pinning them down near their goal line, Falcons can't convert and Seattle scores a TD the following drive.

4th & 2 on the ATL 33. Fake punt, fumble. They score a TD right after.

4th & 2 at the Seattle 2. Falcons should've scored either a TD or FG here but turn it over on downs.

4th & 3 at the Seattle 35. Could've kicked a FG here for 3 but went for it and Ridley drops a ball right through his hands.

 

So many points swung in their favor and that all falls down to EXECUTION and BAD COACHING.

Edited by MilleniumFalcon
Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

3rd & 23: Rico gives up a huge interference and they score a TD. If he doesn't do that there, Seattle punts (7 points off the board).

4th & 5: Oliver turns into burnt toast with no safety help over the top and they score a TD. If no burnt toast, they turn it over on downs. (7 points off the board).

 

Seattle would be at 24 points.

 

4th & 3 on the Seattle 40. Instead of punting and possibly pinning them down near their goal line, Falcons can't convert and Seattle scores a TD the following drive.

4th & 2 on the ATL 33. Fake punt, fumble. They score a TD right after.

4th & 2 at the Seattle 2. Falcons should've scored either a TD or FG here but turn it over on downs.

4th & 3 at the Seattle 35. Could've kicked a FG here for 3 but went for it and Ridley drops a ball right through his hands.

 

So many points swung in their favor and that all falls down to EXECUTION and BAD COACHING.

Quinn should have been smart enough to call timeout on that 4 and 5 play. Defense wasn't prepared for that play cause they were still celebrating the 3rd down stop.

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I encourage you to go watch the game:

• 4th & 3 at Seattle 40: 1st Quarter.  McGary tries time go low and misses the block which caused the TO on downs

• 3rd & 6 at ATL 44: 2nd Quarter - Ryan sacked because McGary missed his block

 

He was good in run game but a liability in pass pro

 

Youre beyond dense. Adam is not his guy.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...