Zero help from our draft class

15 minutes ago, gHost83 said:

Well our punter actually was impressive... Flipped the field 60 yards from his own end zone and forced a fair catch. I guess we coaching staff saw enough of him and decided to go for it ever fourth down after that...

You know it's bad when your best rookie is a punter.

10 minutes ago, grandcanyonaz said:

You know it's bad when your best rookie is a punter.

Well he has the easiest route to make an instant impact. 

Aj is playing the second hardest position, imo, in football and was coming off a hammy tweak. He's definitely not Jimmy Williams 😂. It will take some time but he will be fine. He will be better than Alf and Tru. Yea I said it...

Davidson rarely practiced

Hennessy actually looked good when I saw him and no penalties. Good sign.

Walker had limited snaps but wasn't terrible when I saw him. Moved pretty fluid for his size. 

Didn't see Hawkins but probably should have with how *** Allen and Kazee played, but I digress..

So for the majority of these guys, their snaps were limited at best. Let's not over react about them yet. 

Now this coaching staff? Outside of Morris, Whitt and our LB coach, they can all kick rocks man.

25 minutes ago, 175_Ranger_Falcon said:

Look at the tape, A.J. was getting turned around. He looked confused more than anything. There will be lots of growing pains with the secondary.  Oh yeah, and Oliver is trash 

They played with the cards they were dealt. They is no way in h3ll We should not have multiple rings with the nucleus we have on offense alone. 

I said on draft day that I wasn't a fan of the Terrell pick, not because of anything related to him, but because Nothing was going to fix our secondary until we got some dawgs in the safety spots.

Taking Terrell was like putting a band-aid on a severed limb. Replacing Trufant w/ Terrell was never going to make us a better defense this year. If you thought it was, you're just foolish.

Capture.JPG

Edited by Snafu
42 minutes ago, Snafu said:

I said on draft day that I wasn't a fan of the Terrell pick, not because of anything related to him, but because Nothing was going to fix our secondary until we got some dawgs in the safety spots.

Taking Terrell was like putting a band-aid on a severed limb. Replacing Trufant w/ Terrell was never going to make us a better defense this year. If you thought it was, you're just foolish.

Capture.JPG

WTH does your ego have to do with this game? Everyone on defense outside of the DL played like crap. 

27 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

WTH does your ego have to do with this game? Everyone on defense outside of the DL played like crap. 

You realize the entire premise of this thread is about our rookies not making any meaningful contributions in today's game, right?

My post was directly addressing why our rookie CB (or any other CB we could have brought in) won't make a meaningful impact in this defense. 

We will keep having a **** secondary, and defense in general, until someone pulls their head out of their *** and realizes our safeties suck. Give me a couple of stud safeties and we are a top 10 defense. Keep acting like we have studs, and we'll continue being bottom of the barrel.

Edited by Snafu
3 minutes ago, Snafu said:

You realize the entire premise of this thread is about our rookies not making any meaningful contributions in today's game, right?

My post was directly addressing why our rookie CB (or any other CB we could have brought in) won't make a meaningful impact in this defense. 

We will keep having a **** secondary until someone pulls their head out of their *** and realizes our safeties suck.

Nope, I'm talking about your screenshot showing your thread for the displeasure of Terrell. As I said earlier. Aside from the D-Line, the defense played terrible. Not just the rookies, Debo was biting on play action, when it wasn't even his assignment. Russell Wilson is a smart QB, so when you F Up, he makes you pay.

2 hours ago, stizz said:

Look around the league and you'll see rookies making an impact this week.

We got nothing from our class today. 

I did see that draft CB from Clemson get spun around like a top on on of DK Metcalfs TD where he was playing man to man! LOL geez

2 hours ago, FalconsAllDayUrDay said:

Hennessy held up pretty well. Terrell as stated above will have growing pains but at least he can tackle, thats a start. Hofricter looked good, shoukd have had more opportunities. Didn't see much of Walker or Hawkins. Give them time regardless 

This! And ya MD was hurt.

8 minutes ago, Faithful Falcon said:

Nope, I'm talking about your screenshot showing your thread for the displeasure of Terrell. As I said earlier. Aside from the D-Line, the defense played terrible. Not just the rookies, Debo was biting on play action, when it wasn't even his assignment. Russell Wilson is a smart QB, so when you F Up, he makes you pay.

Because, IMO, anyone with a semblance of common sense would have seen that 1 for 1 swapping Desmond Trufant for AJ Terrell wasn't going to fix our secondary. 

I only posted the screenshot to highlight that some people on this board saw this coming, and it's shocking that people that get paid millions to build teams did not.

Raheem is implementing a quasi Tampa 2 in ATL, and it will work as long as Takk and Fowler can keep getting pressure from the edge (bonus points for Grady Jarrett getting pressure from the interior), but an integral part of that is having physical corners that can press and jam the receiver at the line.

In comes Oliver... LOLOL I kinda felt bad for him. He's being asked to jam...... DK Metcalf! That guy is a monster of a receiver. Basically a TE with too much speed to put at that position so of course he just shrugged Oliver off and burned him for a touchdown. Oliver didn't have safety help on that play. 

Needless to say. We need safety help every play, which will leave the middle of the field wide open. We will live and die off of the pass rush this season. Our corners aren't ready to shine in a bump and run type of coverage.

Edited by ThemDarnFalconsBoy!