For Real Fans- 1st Game & Season Is Already Over For Fake Fans

RELAX!!!

I look for the bright spots and we had a few. The defense had it’s moments and I see Grady, Takk and Fowler having a good season without any major injuries. 

We had no preseason and our Defense is still coming together. The offense is way ahead of last year and I expect big numbers from Matt Ryan. The OL played decent, not bad. I see improvements over last year. 

Seasons are not decided by the 1st game. Did you guys forget the 1st game of 2016? We lost to Bucs and in 2017, we barely beat Chicago. 

Calvin Ridley, Cage, Julio are going to put up some great numbers. I see Cage as another breakout player this season. Hurst will be another complimentary player and Gurley played decent. 

So take deep breath!!! We have 15 games left...

Edited by stingbee
  • stingbee changed the title to For Real Fans- 1st Game & Season Is Already Over For Fake Fans
  • Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I want to stay optimistic, but this is my 40th season with this team and I know 6-10 when I see it

I'm not knocking you guy, Dan Quinn was hired for his defense.. okay let me say that again... Dan Quinn was hired for defense... we are always the worst defensive team in the league since he's been he

Yes its the first game, but don't call others fake for panicking after what we have been though since that night in Houston. No team has right to win a game and thus if we lost on the margins, i

1st game... Takk had 5 QB pressure and he played awesome. Grady could have a 10+ sack season and Fowler is going to be good. The CB’s and the Safeties made some mistakes and the fumble by the ST was a pivotal turnover.

Matt Ryan looked like he is ready to have a big year and with great weapons around him. 

Yes its the first game, but don't call others fake for panicking after what we have been though since that night in Houston.

No team has right to win a game and thus if we lost on the margins, i would be fine. But that no pressure play on 3rd and forever that resulted with the PI , no safety help for Oliver playing press man and going for it in the first quarter? Thats on coaching.

18 hours ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

I'm not knocking you guy, Dan Quinn was hired for his defense.. okay let me say that again... Dan Quinn was hired for defense... we are always the worst defensive team in the league since he's been here.... Now tell me again how that's going to change... 

This,

FYI this is the first season in a long time when I came in expecting us to have a losing season and stink up the joint. I am not even mad because I knew this was coming. I think we should be objective and think about moving on from both Matt Ryan and Dan Quinn, but more so DQ who is by now a known quantity.

No amount of positivity can equate to wins, so I guess I am "fake" or whatever you wanna call it. I am not impressed with his defensive scheme and don't think it works, DQ has peaked and it wont get better. 

I appreciate the optimism but this team looks like the same team the past 3 years. I bet must falcons fan on here would have been fine with a loss if the game was competitive. Problem is the falcons again were out coached after half time, Koetter has zero creativity in his offense and the defense is letting players run wide open.

Edited by montanaman71
12 minutes ago, SavedByGrace1221 said:

I'm not knocking you guy, Dan Quinn was hired for his defense.. okay let me say that again... Dan Quinn was hired for defense... we are always the worst defensive team in the league since he's been here.... Now tell me again how that's going to change... 

Exactly

This isn’t year 1,2, or 3

Its year 6 and the results are in. The Falcons have only had a good defense maybe once.

Other than that it’s always a bad start with improvement in the 2nd half when it’s too late except for one season.

8 minutes ago, stingbee said:

1st game... Takk had 5 QB pressure and he played awesome. Grady could have a 10+ sack season and Fowler is going to be good. The CB’s and the Safeties made some mistakes and the fumble by the ST was a pivotal turnover.

Matt Ryan looked like he is ready to have a big year and with great weapons around him. 

This world exists only if the Falcons clean up their play. I see the potential you see and I see the purpose of your post.

We need more of this on the boards; especially with real life troubles these days.

That said, it’s important to objectively break down what is needed to get the W.

34 minutes ago, stingbee said:

RELAX!!!

I look for the bright spots and we had a few. The defense had it’s moments and I see Grady, Takk and Fowler having a good season without any major injuries. 

We had no preseason and our Defense is still coming together. The offense is way ahead of last year and I expect big numbers from Matt Ryan. The OL played decent, not bad. I see improvements over last year. 

Seasons are not decided by the 1st game. Did you guys forget the 1st game of 2016? We lost to Bucs and in 2017, we barely beat Chicago. 

Calvin Ridley, Cage, Julio are going to put up some great numbers. I see Cage as another breakout player this season. Hurst will be another complimentary player and Gurley played decent. 

Well posts just like this one were put up early in the season each of the last few years. And falcons fans unfortunately know the rest of the story 

37 minutes ago, stingbee said:

RELAX!!!

Experienced fans have seen this far too often, especially from DQ teams.  The team was completely unprepared week 1.  Same thing you saw with preseasons in 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019.  The no preseason excuse doesn't fly with me because what was Seattle doing playing 4 preseason games while we played none????  Oh yeah, they didn't have a preseason either, but their balanced playcalling all game and smart/effective passing game saw only 4 incompletions all game from Wilson.

People keep going back to "it worked in 2016" but ignore the fact it didn't work before or after that season.  They have a word for repeating the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

I know this is only 1 game and the first game of the season. Things can change. I've always had this mentality at the beginning of seasons. BUT now I've come to the realization that this is the way the team will look like under Q. This trend of our D being highly suspect while our O has the potential to be deadly only to have mediocre OCs calling crap plays (sans Shanny). I want to believe in my team. I want to believe we will turn things around. But nothing in Q's past tells me he can turn it all around....

I’m gonna say this w much love and respect.....dude......I’ve watched this **** show for 50 years. I’ll keep following but this is the same place this team was at beginning of last season and season before and at midpoint last year.  Every game has bright spots, every team has bright spots but is that all u desire from your team???  Is that all a multi billion dollar franchise should aspire to deliver to its customers???  The new unis have been tainted in one game!!!  This staff has been tainted since 4th qtr of LI.  It is not gonna work!!!!!  If you’re happy w a bright spot here and there I’m proud for you but 99.9% of this fanbase has had enough (last year).  The Browns, Bengals, Bears, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Panthers, Cardinals, Jaguars and even Lions will have Brightspots but they’ll all be losers.....we want Lombardis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Edited by BUBBASBEANS

I know its only one game but if I'm seeing the same thing year after year and I'm ready to check out on this season that makes me a fake fan? I'll give this team with this coaching staff one more game. I have no problem doing that. But I know what's coming. I'm not blind. The Cowboys will light this team up. They have a better o-line and skill players than the Seahawks. Remember the Texans game last year. I'm pessimistic because this team hasn't given me a reason to not be. Just because I'm pessimistic doesn't make me a fake fan

3 minutes ago, BUBBASBEANS said:

I’m gonna say this w much love and respect.....dude......I’ve watched this **** show for 50 years. I’ll keep following but this is the same place this team was at beginning of last season and season before and at midpoint last year.  Every game has bright spots, every team has bright spots but is that all u desire from your team???  Is that all a multi billion dollar franchise should aspire to deliver to its customers???  The new unis have been tainted in one game!!!  This staff has been tainted since 4th qtr of LI.  It is not gonna work!!!!!  If you’re happy w a bright spot here and there I’m proud for you but 99.9% of this fanbase has had enough (last year).  The Browns, Bengals, Bears, Bills, Dolphins, Jets, Panthers, Cardinals, Jaguars and even Lions will have Brightspots but they’ll all be losers.....we want Lombardis!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Well said sir !! .. well said ... Doesnt make you any less of a fan than the optimistic one.    

26 minutes ago, Robb4242 said:

Experienced fans have seen this far too often, especially from DQ teams.  The team was completely unprepared week 1.  Same thing you saw with preseasons in 2016, 2017, 2018 & 2019.  The no preseason excuse doesn't fly with me because what was Seattle doing playing 4 preseason games while we played none????  Oh yeah, they didn't have a preseason either, but their balanced playcalling all game and smart/effective passing game saw only 4 incompletions all game from Wilson.

People keep going back to "it worked in 2016" but ignore the fact it didn't work before or after that season.  They have a word for repeating the same thing over and over again but expecting different results.

Exactly!!!