Defense looks just as bad as it did last season at the start

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Why do people want to blame the defense? The offense went 0 - 3 on fourth down. Special team lost a fumble on 4th down. That's not the defense fault. Quinn gave the offense multiple chances to pr

Really need Sheffield back. He is the best CB on the roster.

It happens. They had two DBs run into each other and Ridley was wide open in the endzone.

4 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Takk and Fowler seem like an improvement over last season. Jarrett is still Jarett. But Oliver sucks and the safeties are lost out there. They really need a blue-chip player in the secondary.

Yeah I forgot Dante Fowler.  He did look good.  But yeah without some help in the secondary we are going to get torched in this division especially with us now having to contend with Brady and of course Brees as always. 

13 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

Why do people want to blame the defense? The offense went 0 - 3 on fourth down. Special team lost a fumble on 4th down. That's not the defense fault.

Quinn gave the offense multiple chances to prove it's worth and they didn't get it done.

Folks just mad and lashing out

17 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

Why do people want to blame the defense? The offense went 0 - 3 on fourth down. Special team lost a fumble on 4th down. That's not the defense fault.

Quinn gave the offense multiple chances to prove it's worth and they didn't get it done.

Got to blame the guy that decided to go for it on 4th and 3 from midfield on the 2nd series of the game.

That screams desperation

37 minutes ago, MilleniumFalcon said:

Takk and Fowler seem like an improvement over last season. Jarrett is still Jarett. But Oliver sucks and the safeties are lost out there. They really need a blue-chip player in the secondary.

Is it really Oliver or coaching? He had several good plays but on the play DK beat him, where was safety help? 

39 minutes ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

I'm not trying to blame the defense solely for the loss, I just don't understand how we seem to be so inconsistent on defense.  I mean we hear that Quinn is making progress with the defense, the defense shows good improvement over the last six games of last season, and then it seems like we are starting back from where we are at the beginning of last season and not the end of last season.  I guess I just don't understand how consistency, in all phases on our team, is so elusive. 

20 minutes ago, zzfrow said:

I'm not trying to blame the defense solely for the loss, I just don't understand how we seem to be so inconsistent on defense.  I mean we hear that Quinn is making progress with the defense, the defense shows good improvement over the last six games of last season, and then it seems like we are starting back from where we are at the beginning of last season and not the end of last season.  I guess I just don't understand how consistency, in all phases on our team, is so elusive. 

why dont they just go back to ulbrich on 1st and 2nd and morris on 3rd down thats what was working in the 2nd half of the year why change it

1 hour ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

Exactly. I believe Seahawks scored 4 times after offense put D in a hole.

9 minutes ago, Vandy said:

Exactly. I believe Seahawks scored 4 times after offense put D in a hole.

Some of you crack me up for making excuses for the D. The Offense has 3-0 lead. Defense gives up two scores. Then holds just enough for 14-12. Then it’s bleeding again. The Teams don’t win many games when your defense gives up 28 points by mid 3rd. Not even Peyton Manning’s historic all time offense will Save that dumpster defense. 

You want to win games, you need average D or it’s going to be same story under DQ. 

I really think its our offensive coordinator, he was so boring and predictable today(almost like watching a high school game). I watched both the thursday night game and the current game between saints and bucs and they just have better coaches/gameplans. I watch these other teams and wonder why we cant have a plan of attack like they do. We got the players. 

Edited by falconsrsuper