Let the Trevor Lawrence/ Justin Fields start!

• Replies 62
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Because today's problems were from the QB...

Yep . Tried to tell these guys all offseason this team was going no where . We’re not winning anything with Matty Melt , DQ & Dirk .    We need new blood .. starting with the QB & HC . 

He can hit a open receiver in stride for the touchdown  for starters...

I love Matt Ryan. I've been one of his biggest fans since he started here. And I think he'll be one of the biggest HOF snubs if he doesn't make it. 

That said, I'm truly tired of this. I know exactly what this team is gonna do every single game and every single season now. It's NOT Matt Ryan's fault at all and I do not think a new face would change anything much.

But I wouldn't be mad at a change of face. Simply because it would be a different way of losing. We've been losers for 5 of the past 7 seasons. I don't think a new college qb would come in and change that but it would change how we lose. And at this point, that's enough for me. I just want a new way to lose. I'm so tired of seeing the same game every week and every season.

Matt Ryan deserves 100 times more than the failcons franchise was ever able to give him

14 minutes ago, McSpanker said:

I love Matt Ryan. I've been one of his biggest fans since he started here. And I think he'll be one of the biggest HOF snubs if he doesn't make it. 

That said, I'm truly tired of this. I know exactly what this team is gonna do every single game and every single season now. It's NOT Matt Ryan's fault at all and I do not think a new face would change anything much.

But I wouldn't be mad at a change of face. Simply because it would be a different way of losing. We've been losers for 5 of the past 7 seasons. I don't think a new college qb would come in and change that but it would change how we lose. And at this point, that's enough for me. I just want a new way to lose. I'm so tired of seeing the same game every week and every season.

Matt Ryan deserves 100 times more than the failcons franchise was ever able to give him

I said in another thread that I'd go for an athletic type backup to throw in for short yardage & red zone just to mix it up a bit and give the defense a different look (kind of like, ugh, brees and hill). And if said athletic qb looks like he can drive the bus after a few seasons then give him the keys.

Edited by JohnnyFranchise

Look if we have the number 1 pick, anyone who says we SHOULDN'T take Trevor Lawrence is a gd moron. I love Matt Ryan, but **** him at that point. Because I love the Falcons more.

But this is week 1....and there is still a lot of football left to play. 

I know some of yall are emotional right now, I get it. My heartache comes on Saturdays these days. Buts it's never as bad as it seems, and never as good as it feels.

What do people see in Trevor Lawrence that makes them think he is a cant miss prospect?
He’s big, but he’s not going to be running like he does in the NFL. He’s not a very accurate QB. He can throw it deep, but that’s not all to a QB. 

I think he could be a good QB, but I don’t see the “can’t miss” label to him. Against Alabama in 2018, he wasn’t really that special if we are being honest. He wasn’t bad, but his WRs made some great plays that made him look better. Last year vs Ohio State, I felt like Ohio State missed some opportunities. And against LSU? He sucked.

I just don’t see a guy that’s this sure fire can’t miss prospect. I could be wrong, but Watson was the better QB in college and he will be the better QB in the pros.

We could talk about some of the random biases teams want for their QBs, but y’all aren’t ready for that