Jump to content

Is the Seattle game a "must win?"


Recommended Posts

Just now, PensacolaFalcon said:

  I guess your right thats a lot to over come I guess if the other 31 teams in the league had gone through the same thing then  .... Oh Wait ... 

I'm not talking about the other teams...you and I said the falcons....if the falcons come out and play like the falcons of old...this yo last game.. Is what you said playa...but since nobody had a preseason things are expected to be a lil rough... Do you expect us to come out like the chiefs and drop 40 on fools?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

We started 4-3, 6-4, then 7-5 our SB year, losing the home opener in embarrassing fashion to TB, so I would say no.

I hear you but I will say this. That team was middling all season because of the inexperience on that defense. Once they took a leap as a unit we never looked back as a team.

We dont have the same youth concerns in 2020 like we did back then. A slow start through 3/4s of the season wouldnt fly as well considering our schedule is backloaded; as opposed to the 2016 season when LA, SF, NO and CAR were all struggling that year when we went 4-0 to end the year.


Random Sidebar: After our bye week in 2016 we should have went undefeated if not for Matt's 9 points he spotted Eric Berry on Int/2pt returns. We ended up losing to the Chiefs by just 1. That loss kept us from going 6-0 heading in to the playoffs and finishing 12-4.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/atl/season/2016

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

I'm not talking about the other teams...you and I said the falcons....if the falcons come out and play like the falcons of old...this yo last game.. Is what you said playa...but since nobody had a preseason things are expected to be a lil rough... Do you expect us to come out like the chiefs and drop 40 on fools?

    So nobody had a preseason and things are gonna be rough for everyone except the Chiefs who were able to over come it some how.  If the Chiefs can then the Falcons should be able to also.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 minutes ago, LightningDawg58 said:

I hear you but I will say this. That team was middling all season because of the inexperience on that defense. Once they took a leap as a unit we never looked back as a team.

We dont have the same youth concerns in 2020 like we did back then. A slow start through 3/4s of the season wouldnt fly as well considering our schedule is backloaded; as opposed to the 2016 season when LA, SF, NO and CAR were all struggling that year when we went 4-0 to end the year.


Random Sidebar: After our bye week in 2016 we should have went undefeated if not for Matt's 9 points he spotted Eric Berry on Int/2pt returns. We ended up losing to the Chiefs by just 1. That loss kept us from going 6-0 heading in to the playoffs and finishing 12-4.

https://www.espn.com/nfl/team/schedule/_/name/atl/season/2016

We do have a lot of youth at CB and LB after letting guys walk, so they still may need to gel. 3 of 5 OL men are also year 1-2 players...so we may witness some growing pains still.

i think we need to start hot just because of the slow starts the last 2 seasons, I am simply stating if they lose 24-21 to a perrenial contender, the season is far from over.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, 1989Fan said:

We do have a lot of youth at CB and LB after letting guys walk, so they still may need to gel. 3 of 5 OL men are also year 1-2 players...so we may witness some growing pains still.

i think we need to start hot just because of the slow starts the last 2 seasons, I am simply stating if they lose 24-21 to a perrenial contender, the season is far from over.

Terrell is the only defensive rookie starter. And there are no sophomore starters on D.

2016 there were 4 rookies and eventually 3 sophomores starting on defense. That was much more youth to overcome.

I'll give you the OLine, but McGary and Lindstrom are sophmores and Hennessy looks to be on a rotational basis until he gets comfortable. So also not quite the same as throwing them to the fire. Last year yes, they got trial by fire. This year seems more measured.

We are one of the oldest teams in the NFL this year, that was not the case in 2016.

I agree though, all is not lost if we lose today. Especially in a good close game. I just dont think hovering around .500 is an ideal scenario when our schedule is backloaded. We have to get some kind of momentum going before the bye to separate ourselves from the DNA of our past failures, I just dont think it all rides on today.

 

Link to post
Share on other sites
13 hours ago, octoslash said:

If you understand math on a first-grade level, you should know tomorrow is not "must win".

 

I agree Octo that “mathematically this is NOT a must win”.  I do however think that it’s time this staff and team put up or shut up.  We’ve seen them hunker down and win to save their own rears after they had flushed yet another season down toilet.  AB has been very generous......so while I think labeling any game this early as must win, I feel it’s a must that this staff comes out w strong game-plan and unit/player execution.  If we lose by 3 bc of a bad call by refs in final seconds that’s one thing.....if we’re outplayed and out coached.....again.....I’m afraid these players more than anyone will be sitting there just waiting for the ensuing changes from this point forward.  So.....for this staff......it’s HUGE!!!!!!  I can’t emphasize enough......this game will be a part of a very few remaining that dictate the NFL careers of some folks going forward.  

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

    So nobody had a preseason and things are gonna be rough for everyone except the Chiefs who were able to over come it some how.  If the Chiefs can then the Falcons should be able to also.  

My point is...even with the chips stack you're giving them 1 game?...just one?! And you out?

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

My point is...even with the chips stack you're giving them 1 game?...just one?! And you out?

My point I'm not interested in watching another season season of uninspired, mistake ridden, undisciplined football. It shouldn't take more then one game to tell if things are really different or if we are being getting  the same **** sandwich Quinn has been serving for years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

Well, with the way the past two seasons have gone, especially the Jekyll and Hyde nature of last season, I don't think we can afford to lose the first game of the season. It is not a must win per se because we'd have the rest of the season and the Seahawks was just in the playoffs, but we at least need to look competitive, even if we lose. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

My point I'm not interested in watching another season season of uninspired, mistake ridden, undisciplined football. It shouldn't take more then one game to tell if things are really different or if we are being getting  the same **** sandwich Quinn has been serving for years. 

Well...I guess you out ....😶

(Ion wanna see you crying on here next week...enjoy your new team.🤗)

Link to post
Share on other sites
3 minutes ago, IamFRESCO1 said:

Well...I guess you out ....😶

(Ion wanna see you crying on here next week...enjoy your new team.🤗)

I guess this is your way of admitting that was a royal **** show. I don't have another team and I probably will not watch any more games while the current coaching staff is in place. You cant blame today on no preseason you can only blame it on Quinn and his staff being completely unprepared and out coached. This is the same **** sandwich Quinn has been serving for years. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, PensacolaFalcon said:

I guess this is your way of admitting that was a royal **** show. I don't have another team and I probably will not watch any more games while the current coaching staff is in place. You cant blame today on no preseason you can only blame it on Quinn and his staff being completely unprepared and out coached. This is the same **** sandwich Quinn has been serving for years. 

See ya! The **** show will go on without you...... Didn't we lose the first game of our super bowl appearances?!? Anyway... Bye.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...