Remember When Matt Ryan Was Overpaid?

41 minutes ago, takeitdown said:

People are just different.  I've cut my pay multiples times before to have some other aspect at work that I care about more (better team, more vacation time, etc.)  It's not at all weird for someone to take less money for other important work things.  Especially if you're part of a team.

I can easily say that if I'd made 150M, I'd gladly take a 30% salary reduction for a more quality team.  But I'd only do that if I had confidence I would have a better team around me.  I wouldn't give up the money just on a hope.

And I don't get mad at QB's who don't.  But to say no one would do that is wrong.  I know lots of people in all kinds of jobs who take less money for other benefits.

I didn’t say “nobody would do it”. I said “nobody does it.” Which for the most part, is true.

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forget that. Nobody does that except for Brady who has a wife worth more money than him. In this business, players should go for every single penny they are worth. No questions asked. 

This was exactly what the rational people were trying to explain when everyone was talking about how terrible Ryan's deal was and how he was way overpaid.

1 minute ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

I didn’t say “nobody would do it”. I said “nobody does it.” Which for the most part, is true.

I agree most don't do it.

There's also a difference between going for the most you can when you make 80k/yr and you're trying to make sure to feed your family and get a college fund vs going for the most you can if you're an entrepreneur who's already made 200 M (not me).  At that point, it makes sense to think of legacy, value, etc because you've already covered the money part. 

19 minutes ago, The Rock said:

This year Matt Ryan is like Top 3 against the cap. 

No he's not. Don't come in here spreading mess that ain't true. Matt Ryan doesn't even have the highest cap hit on the Falcons this year much less the entire NFL. Next time try harder before you come in here spewing nonsense.

https://www.spotrac.com/nfl/rankings/cap-hit/