Remember When Matt Ryan Was Overpaid?

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Forget that. Nobody does that except for Brady who has a wife worth more money than him. In this business, players should go for every single penny they are worth. No questions asked. 

This was exactly what the rational people were trying to explain when everyone was talking about how terrible Ryan's deal was and how he was way overpaid.

16 minutes ago, JohnnyFranchise said:

I noticed that on tnf they showed the top 5, didn't realize those other guys were ahead of MR as well. That contract not looking too bad now, is it?

This was exactly what the rational people were trying to explain when everyone was talking about how terrible Ryan's deal was and how he was way overpaid.

4 minutes ago, Slimm said:

Looking at that...man is underpaid...but I never understand why vet QB's like Matt wouldn't mind taking a pay cut to try to get more cap space to fill out a roster around him.  If your goal is to truly win a superbowl...

Forget that. Nobody does that except for Brady who has a wife worth more money than him. In this business, players should go for every single penny they are worth. No questions asked. 

4 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yep, and probably was paid under the table. The Patriots are so crooked. 

4 hours ago, FinalScore2.0 said:

It's interesting that half the QBs on the list have at least one SB ring.

Of the remaining:

Watson 24 years old

Goff 25 yrs

Prescott 27 yrs

Cousins 32 yrs

Ryan 35 yrs

I think most if not all won SB when earning far less $.

Would be interesting to know how many QB win SBs whilst being paid top 3/5/10 money.

Ngl, I thought it was way too much at the time, and I don't like when players compare their money to others (like JJ holding out).  Flacco had just set the market after winning SB47, so I was wondering why we paid Matt the same as a SB MVP at that time.  For the record, had we beaten the 69ers, Matt would have been the SB MVP that year.

9 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

See it in here all the time....Hypocritical fans expecting players to do something they themselves would never do.

Ya know i understand the premise of getting all you can while you can. But, if i haven't established a future making 200-300 million over the past 10 years, then shame on me. Theres no reason at all matt would even miss 10 of that 30 per in order to add a key to a sb. And before i get flamed, i realize its not my money, and also realize how much owners make. But, salary cap is what it is and owners would exceed it if possible to produce a winner. How is that any different? It would still eat into their profit.

11 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Not to mention all the exposure they gave Brady and his pseudoscience line of health products. I think this is part of what caused the rift between Brady and Belichik.

There seems to be two different discussions here.

Should a player get all they money they can while in the NFL and

Is the player worth the money he is paid.

To the first I say yes. To the second, it depends on the player's value to me. I value the entertainment and the results.

Mahomes is entertaining and he gets the results. Lamar Jackson is entertaining. Shannahan's offensive play calling is entertaining. Watching to see what Turner, Gonzalez, Julio and Roddy might do was entertaining.

The Patriots were only entertaining when Moss was there and they were lighting up the scoreboard and going undefeated. Otherwise the Patriots aren't really entertaining but they got results.

Ryan is neither entertaining nor has he gotten the results and I doubt he will as a Falcon. Maybe he can pull a Nick Foles somewhere else.

2 minutes ago, Jpg428gggg said:

Not to mention all the exposure they gave Brady and his pseudoscience line of health products. I think this is part of what caused the rift between Brady and Belichik.

Give it a few years, after both Brady and Belichick are retired. I think more and more stuff will come out that will be negative for both