MLB Playoff Bubble Proposal

They just can't afford having postponed games. The networks refused to back off having the World Series over by November. During the negotiations about length the networks were not interested in November baseball. Not with the NFL and college football to compete against. So baseball has to make sure everything goes off perfectly. I would rather it not be a bubble but I can see what they're getting at.

On 9/13/2020 at 2:29 AM, Unknøwn said:

They just can't afford having postponed games. The networks refused to back off having the World Series over by November. During the negotiations about length the networks were not interested in November baseball. Not with the NFL and college football to compete against. So baseball has to make sure everything goes off perfectly. I would rather it not be a bubble but I can see what they're getting at.

This is all true. Rob Manfred may be an idiot, but not about this. 

The union has signed off on the bubble. An agreement is in place. As stated before, the bubble begins with the LDS's. Wild Card round will be at the highest seeds stadium. Players can bring their families into the bubble up to 7 days before Game 1's. The families can remain for the entire playoffs as part of the bubble under MLB protection. Everyone inside the bubble will get daily testing. Coaches will not be allowed to bring their families until the fields start to shrink. Theres simply not enough hotel space. Alternate camps will continue to operate but you cannot call up someone from that camp. Teams will have to bring the entire 40 man roster and any IL player that's eligible to return into the bubble. Players at the alternate camp will simply be getting extra reps if the teams keep them operating. 

57 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

No bringing back pitchers on short rest this year.

Interesting, didn't think about not having the need for travel days. Also, its a 60 game season so theres really no need for the players to rest. Everyone will just be in mid-season form at that point. 

33 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

That's true if the Braves can find a way for the starter to not do what Touki did last night.

Going to be a quick hook. Wright is going to get a start and then it's a toss up. So those two spots are going to be on short leashes. Tomlin and Ynoa are going to be key to those games if it happens. Assuming we survive the WC round anyway 

Players on playoff teams will enter the bubble the final week of the season. Even home teams, like the Braves, will be forced into a hotel bubble for the final games. They will only be permitted to go from hotel to stadium and back. Then if you survive the WC round it'll be from the Atlanta bubble to the Houston/Arlington bubble.

On 9/13/2020 at 1:29 AM, Unknøwn said:

On 9/14/2020 at 11:26 AM, K26dp said:

This is all true. Rob Manfred may be an idiot, but not about this. 

And now Manfred maybe ruining a smart decision with a dumb decision. It's not a bubble if they allow fans in.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/sports/2020/09/15/mlb-postseason-bubble-plans/