After looking at Seattle's roster....we should win this game if we stop the run early

I was impressed with the OL,DL, and secondary even with Adams. I think our WR are better from a matchup standpoint. The talk and onus has been on the Falcons OL and rightfully so, but the Hawks line is and has always been a work in progress since Beastmode left.

Russell Wilson is the wildcard, but i think Oluokun job will be to spy. In the game last year, we adjusted at the half and started running more stunts with the DL and it started to effect him. Better interior rush(Grad,MD,Comisky) will be key on Sunday. 

Our young secondary (CB) will be tested often and early. We are beat up at CB, im sure Sheff wont play and Terrell is limited (hope that hammy is fine) so our DL has to be dominate. The fact that SEA has an older Greg Olsen and no real receiving threat out the backfield is an advantage for our defense. 

26-20. Atl

32 minutes ago, Atl Falcon said:

Honestly- player for player I think we’re better. Russell Wilson can be the difference maker tho. I’m a little worried about our CB injuries. 

Thats what i was thinking too. Their roster isn't as deep as ours and our Secondary is young but has more upside and promise than Seattle IMO. Terrell's ceing is higher than S.Griffin. Only advantage they have is LB and SS.

Their LBs aren't that great and neither is their Dline.

This is straight from their own forum

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165771

- I cant agree with this because I dont think Wright is serviceable anymore. While Wagner took a step back, it was Wright that fell off the cliff. While some people laud the Hawks LB corp, i'm concerned about them. Very concerned actually.

- 3 LB's with a median age of 32. Lets be honest. Bobby fell off a cliff last year. Wright is still serviceable but a liabiluty in coverage. Curious to see what Bruce has left. The front 7 really concerns me this year.

13 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

Their LBs aren't that great and neither is their Dline.

This is straight from their own forum

http://www.seahawks.net/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=165771

3 LB's with a median age of 32. Lets be honest. Bobby fell off a cliff last year. Wright is still serviceable but a liabiluty in coverage. Curious to see what Bruce has left. The front 7 really concerns me this year.

How exactly did Wagner fall off a cliff?

18 minutes ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

That's staight from their forum. I don't think he fell off a cliff either, but he's not the same Bobby that teams had to fear because of his speed like they did 3-4 years ago. He still gets his tackles though.

Sheesh I thought this place is bad. They're dunces over there calling Bobby Wagner washed up. 

5 hours ago, Lornoth said:

Seattle is an average team propped up by a couple superstar players at key positions. Not saying we'll win, but it's not like they're unbeatable. There's a reason they haven't been able to win in the post season for a while. 

Yea, Seattle is a far cry from a juggernaut and have been relatively similar tier to us the last several years even with our struggles. New year, new season, even with a similar roster so no telling how good they are. Like most week 1 matchups it's a toss up. 

3 hours ago, UnrealfalcoN said:

That's staight from their forum. I don't think he fell off a cliff either, but he's not the same Bobby that teams had to fear because of his speed like they did 3-4 years ago. He still gets his tackles though.

Do you watch football? He had his best year as a pro last year and lead the league in tackles 😂 sounds like a 49er fan to me with wishful thinking 

1 hour ago, Shooter Says said:

We're the better team, but the past couple years we have not been the better prepared team at the start of the season. It's hard for me to pick us to win this game based on that... but my heart is saying Dirty Birds 27-24.

Seattle is the definition of a slow starting team, especially when crossing the country playing at 1pm eastern. We are alike in many ways. 

47 minutes ago, Shooter Says said:

Not sure how a 10-2 start last year (including winning 5 of their first 6 and beating us week 8 in ATL) qualifies as a "slow start."

I don’t just look at one year. This has been going on for a while.  This is business as usual for Pete. 

https://seahawkswire.usatoday.com/2020/01/13/slow-starts-hampered-seahawks-pete-carroll-era/

https://www.theringer.com/nfl/2017/9/20/16337518/seattle-seahawks-offensive-problems-slow-start

https://sports.mynorthwest.com/750145/huard-why-seahawks-offense-starts-slow-finishes-fast/?

https://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/20808386/nfl-seattle-seahawks-slow-start-becoming-tradition-why-worried

This column was inevitable. We could have penciled it in months ago. It's my third annual look at whether the Seattle Seahawks can overcome the various early-season offensive maladies that inevitably threaten to knock them from the contending ranks. The 2015 version of this columnexplained why a badly listing offense would right itself (it did). Last year's incarnation suggested there were issues that would work against a dramatic reversal (also true).

The tradition continues.”

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/1836232-slow-starts-becoming-major-problem-for-seattle-seahawks

every single prediction by their fan site for the game mentions

https://12thmanrising.com/2020/09/10/seahawks-falcons-staff-predictions-2/

Seattle has lost five out of six season openers on the road under head coach Pete Carroll. This matchup against Atlanta will mark their seventh road game to start the season. The Seahawks often start the season slow and find their groove after three or four weeks. I honestly wouldn’t be surprised if they dropped this first game especially with high expectations on them. But I expect Russell Wilson and Jamal Adams to immediately ball out on their respective sides of the field and seal this game with a big W.”

And

“Seattle has a history of starting the year off slow. This year is unlike any other. With the pandemic causing teams to forego a lot of the off-season activities and preseason games, this is really the first chance the team has at gauging its roster in action.”

and 

“I see the Seahawks getting off to their usual slow start in the first week of the season. Consider all the changes they’ve made to both lines and the secondary. Now consider they haven’t had a single preseason game to see how they gel in live competition. This will just add to their typical Game One doldrums. However, those changes include some tremendous talent, especially on defense. Bobby Wagner and Russell Wilson didn’t go anywhere. And Atlanta got exactly as much game practice as Seattle: none. That slow start I mentioned will be over by the third series.”

And 

All the Contributors here made excellent points. The Seahawks, though, have not scored more than 24 points in a season-opener since 2015. Seattle is also 2-3 in its last five first-games of seasons. In other words, as well as most Seahawks seasons end up under Pete Carroll – with a team in the playoffs – Seattle doesn’t start that well. As Carroll’s philosophy goes, how you finish is more important than how you start.”

Theres tons of articles about slow game and season starts. Other than the Falcons, I probably watch the Seahawks more than any other team.

Edited by droopy1592