Do you think that the Falcons are a legit super contender this year?

• Replies 75
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I didn't think it was our year before the first game in 1998 or 2016.  I won't know until at least halfway through the season whether I think we have a shot.

Super Bowl? No. Playoffs? Yes. They'll need some breaks to make it to the NFCCG let alone SB. But it's not impossible. 

Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo! I've learnt me a lesson and they gotta prove me wrong. 

13 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

We have the talent and have had it for the last 4 years.  

But as my man Jimmy Moreland just said, “talent/potential means nothing unless you know what to do with it.”

Yeah, I mean...look atthe Braves of the 90's. No way we should have come out of all those WS' with only one series win. But for whatever reason....we all know how that turned out.

1 hour ago, run_vick_run said:

I read we are 20th in betting odds. I like the chances of growing into superbowl team by playing the bucs and the saints twice but the record is the team with the easiest schedule wins it. Like Patriots all those years

I don't know where you came up with this stat that the team with the easiest schedule wins the Super Bowl but that's simply not true.

We have to stay healthy, we have to make the plays that are there, we have to not shoot ourselves in the foot and we need a little bit of luck.

We fell short on all of those areas last year...but this is a new year.

The nfl is a year to year deal.

We have as good of shot as anyone to go to the Superbowl

So many things have to happen to even win the division:

• OL has to continue to gel and they have to master the outside zone for Gurley
  • Gurley has to stay healthy and prove he still has it
  • Julio has to outsmart Father Time, and not lose a step
  • Ryan has to outsmart Father Time, and not lose velocity or accuracy
  • Russell Gage has to prove he's a viable 3rd option
  • Hurst has to materialize as Hoop's legitimate replacement
  • Takk has to finally come to play
  • Daveson and Davidson need to bring the fire next to Grady
  • Foye needs to prove he's a legitimate starter
  • Our young corners have to ball
  • Our injury-prone safeties need to stay healthy
  • Our return game has to finally find some identity
  • Koo has to be consistent
  • Hofrichter has to improve his hang time and be consistent
  • Defensive coaching must continue its mojo from the last half of last season

What did I miss?

No, absolutely not

DL is still to thin and lacks depth, We are REALLY depending on players who have a long injury history, Neal, Gurley. We also have a lot of unknown new pieces and a brutal schedule. I expect 7-9 and for TD and Quinn to get fired, and a huge roster purge due to cap issues.

We will be in rebuild mode until Ryan retires and have to REALLY start over after that. The windows is closed and the best years of this regime and this roster are well behind it.

11 hours ago, JDaveG said:

I didn't think it was our year before the first game in 1998 or 2016.  I won't know until at least halfway through the season whether I think we have a shot.

I thought we had somewhat of a chance in 2016. Definitely thought we had one in 1998. We beat as in the second half of 1997. Hopefully we capture some 2019 momentum this year like we did back then and finally get some rest.

Definitely possible but we have to navigate a purge, pandemic and pressurized schedule. I got us at 9-7 with a possible Covid playoff berth.  Perhaps. Anything better would be great. Anything less would be unswivelized and heads should roll. 

19 minutes ago, FalconFanSince1970 said:

I thought we had somewhat of a chance in 2016. Definitely thought we had one in 1998. We beat as in the second half of 1997. Hopefully we capture some 2019 momentum this year like we did back then and finally get some rest.

Definitely possible but we have to navigate through a purge, pandemic and tough schedule. I got us at 9-7 with a possible Covid Wildcard. Anything better would be great. Anything less would be unswivelized and heads should roll. 

Momentum doesn’t carry over ‘member...😁