Dante Fowler explains why he chose the Falcons in free agency

Matt Urben
Sep 10, 2020, 2:39 PM

5a6972b17cfca3a58beb6bc6998ba52e

The Atlanta Falcons desperately needed to upgrade their pass rush after finishing with just 28 sacks in 2019, and did so by signing free-agent defensive end Dante Fowler.

He replaces Vic Beasley — the team’s sack leader last season — who signed with the Tennessee Titans during the offseason. Fowler, 26, is coming off of a career-high 11.5 sacks with the Rams. The Falcons inked the former No. 3 overall pick to a three-year, $45 million contract back in March.

The move reunites Fowler with head coach Dan Quinn, who recruited and coached Fowler at the University of Florida. Clearly, the two developed a mutual respect for each other during their time together in Gainesville.

Fowler joined NFL Network’s Good Morning Football program to talk about his offseason decision to sign in Atlanta. Watch the video segment below, as shared by GMFB’s Twitter account.

https://sports.yahoo.com/dante-fowler-explains-why-chose-183928582.html

37 minutes ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

The gal on there was such a kiss ***. "Earlier this week, I said that Russell Wilson is going to roll this week, but then I was like oh Donte Fowler.."  So your basically admitting that you don't do your homework prior to spouting off your hot takes! Nice!

This is an entertainment show. It is like a 2 hour morning variety show for football. I actually like all the personalities. They have regular spots on where "experts" give updates on actual football. That said, the 4 hosts of the show will only ask a pointed question if their is a current event that dictates it simply can't be avoided. They treat every player like the presumptive MVP...they want to make them comfortable enough to come back. 

6 minutes ago, falcndave said:

This is an entertainment show. It is like a 2 hour morning variety show for football. I actually like all the personalities. They have regular spots on where "experts" give updates on actual football. That said, the 4 hosts of the show will only ask a pointed question if their is a current event that dictates it simply can't be avoided. They treat every player like the presumptive MVP...they want to make them comfortable enough to come back. 

Yup. To summarize, "this is showbiz". 

11 hours ago, New Jersey Falcon said:

I like that he had a clear chance to rip Jacksonville but he didn’t.  Granted, he wasn’t in the position that Ramsey or YN were in contract wise but I’m sure it’s been talked about how bad they’ve been despite having the top defense a few years ago.

I agree.  Usually pretty skeptical about players with 1 successful season but with his leadership, football IQ, attitude and hard work...he really could turn out to be something special for us.

16 hours ago, falcndave said:

That's why I don't watch that ****. I'm not entertained by "hot takes".  I want football takes, antidotes, "people keeping it real", etc. To each his own I guess.

16 hours ago, falcndave said:

This no longer exists. It is now "Find hot topic and 'debate' it to trend". Once Tebow hit the scene and "Embrace Debate" came along, sports on TV was dead in the water. ****, ESPN fired all of the actual news guys they had. You are better off finding a good in-depth Youtube channel for real analysis.

6 hours ago, Boise Falcon Fan said:

That's why I don't watch that ****. I'm not entertained by "hot takes".  I want football takes, antidotes, "people keeping it real", etc. To each his own I guess.

I hear you. I'll give you my hot take anyway :)    The Falcons are going to stuff the Seahawks running game and subsequently chase Russel Wilson in circles until his cramps have shin splints!