September 10, 1989 This Happened!!

Great video. A few observations...

1. Amazing return. Deion was a man among boys. 
2.Saw Ralph Norwood who would die tragically in a car accident while a Falcon. I believe that same year  Brad Beckham, a TE also died in a car wreck and David Croudip died of an apparent drug overdose the year before.  
3. Tim Green congratulating him. A brilliant man suffering from a horrible disease currently. 
4.  Marcus Cotton on the play who, along with Aundray Bruce, were supposed to be dominant linebackers for the Falcons for a decade or more. Unfortunately that did not happen. 
5. I believe Marion Campbell may have been HC at the time and the team was awful. 

Funny how time changes how you look at things. With the exception of Deion, these may very well have been the darkest days of the franchise. 

I was there too. With my brother. We debated on whether to spend our hard earned $ on the Falcons. And drive a 50 mile round trip.

I said to my brother...It's the only game in town....Let's get us a $10 ticket outside the gates and see a NFL game. We did...and still laugh.

Deon brought the hair on my neck to attention, after he waved both arms to the sparse crowd, they (We.) responded. We felt it and so did he.

The greatest in-person sports experience of my short life.

19 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

Great video. A few observations...

1. Amazing return. Deion was a man among boys. 
2.Saw Ralph Norwood who would die tragically in a car accident while a Falcon. I believe that same year  Brad Beckham, a TE also died in a car wreck and David Croudip died of an apparent drug overdose the year before.  
3. Tim Green congratulating him. A brilliant man suffering from a horrible disease currently. 
4.  Marcus Cotton on the play who, along with Aundray Bruce, were supposed to be dominant linebackers for the Falcons for a decade or more. Unfortunately that did not happen. 
5. I believe Marion Campbell may have been HC at the time and the team was awful. 

Funny how time changes how you look at things. With the exception of Deion, these may very well have been the darkest days of the franchise. 

You remember much Falcon history........In that, thanks for those observations....I remember the tragic death of Norwood, but none else, except Tim Green's fight.

9 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

You remember much Falcon history........In that, thanks for those observations....I remember the tragic death of Norwood, but none else, except Tim Green's fight.

Norwood had the potential to be a really good OT for us. Beckham was a backup TE. Croudip was a DB and a hard hitter. Bruce was the #1 pick in the draft and then we doubled down and got Cotton in the next round if memory serves me correctly. Kinda like we did with Lindstrom and McGary last year. I guess they thought the had the LB position handled for awhile. That did not prove to be the case  

This seriously may have been the darkest 2-3 year stretch in Falcons history. 3 active roster players dying In a short period of time,  terrible ownership, terrible coaching decisions (who in their right mind brings Marion Campbell back as HC?) terrible play on the field. The team had zero direction or commitment from ownership down to ball boy and the play on the field reflected that. 

The main thing we had that gave us reason to watch (apart from just being die hard fans) was the electricity Deion brought to the team. The culture shock and differences between Rankin Smith Sr and Deion were night and day. 

One other thing that we had going on positively back then....those uniforms were 🔥 FIRE!!!!!!