Braves vs. Nationals

• Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really wish we could get the universal DH implemented next year. Now that we have a taste of it, I don't wanna go back. And if we re-sign Ozuna it makes our lineup THAT much better

I think most people have this sentiment. I for one really want to see the universal DH stick.

1 minute ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Didn’t he used to wear enough gear to look like a transformer?  

He used to wear a little elbow guard but somewhere along the course of either the 2018 or 19 season he stopped wearing it. He still wears the pad that protects his hand and wrist.

usa_today_10692525.0.jpg

4 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

He was really good in 18 and he was fantastic in the second half of last year.

No. He bombed out of the majors in June of 2019. He returned in August and had an ERA of 3.90 for that month. His September was quite good, but one month isn't anywhere close to half a season.

1 hour ago, tl;dr said:

Folty is like Cy Young compared to this bum

Folty is Braves fans' answer to an abusive relationship.

We dump him. Then, after he's gone, we only remember the good parts.

Just for fun, Erlin's ERA after tonight is 8.1 Folty's 2020 ERA is 16.2. The math suggests Erlin's twice as good.

In reality, neither one of them is an answer. We don't have any healthy starters, and that's okay, Our bats are all Mjolnir.

3 minutes ago, jidady said:

Folty is Braves fans' answer to an abusive relationship.

We dump him. Then, after he's gone, we only remember the good parts.

Just for fun, Erlin's ERA after tonight is 8.1 Folty's 2020 ERA is 16.2. The math suggests Erlin's twice as good.

In reality, neither one of them is an answer. We don't have any healthy starters, and that's okay, Our bats are all Mjolnir.

If only Folty had the sample size that Erlin has. Folty needed a short leash, bug his leach should have been much longer than Erlin’s 

3 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Folty needed a short leash

I'll always be of the opinion with Folty that we gave him far too long a leash. He never had to earn his stripes and a spot in the rotation.

Erlin's never been anything more than filler because we don't have anything else.

God help us, Atlanta's best hope after Fried is that Hamels can hold off the inevitable and stay healthy for six weeks in the playoffs.

2 minutes ago, jidady said:

I'll always be of the opinion with Folty that we gave him far too long a leash. He never had to earn his stripes and a spot in the rotation.

Erlin's never been anything more than filler because we don't have anything else.

God help us, Atlanta's best hope after Fried is that Hamels can hold off the inevitable and stay healthy for six weeks in the playoffs.

Fried, Hamels and Anderson could work for us