Braves vs. Nationals

Thursday - 6:05 PM - Fox Sports Southeast

• Robbie Erlin (0-0, 6.84) vs. Austin Voth (0-5, 8.26)

Friday - 6:05 PM - Fox Sports South, FS1

• Josh Tomlin (2-2, 3.77) vs. Erick Fedde (1-3, 5.29)

Saturday - 6:05 PM - Fox Sports South, MLB Network

• Ian Anderson (2-0, 2.40) vs. Patrick Corbin (2-4, 4.34)

Sunday - 12:35 PM - Fox Sports South, MLB Network

• Kyle Wright (0-4, 8.05) vs. Max Scherzer (4-2, 3.40)
  • Replies 447
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I really wish we could get the universal DH implemented next year. Now that we have a taste of it, I don't wanna go back. And if we re-sign Ozuna it makes our lineup THAT much better

I think most people have this sentiment. I for one really want to see the universal DH stick.

10 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

I really wish we could get the universal DH implemented next year. Now that we have a taste of it, I don't wanna go back. And if we re-sign Ozuna it makes our lineup THAT much better

I think most people have this sentiment.

I for one really want to see the universal DH stick.

16 minutes ago, tl;dr said:

Theres been some whispers it could. Now that both sides have seen it and people actually like it. Manfred really wants it and the players like it because it creates another job. Most of the NL would need to scramble for a true DH and from the players perspective thats a lot of payroll coming for those bats. The money is also why some NL owners were against it. AL owners want it because they get put at a disadvantage when they play in NL parks. So theres been whispers that the players might offer it up this winter as a good faith gesture. In hopes it'll help the CBA negotiations after next year. Everyone knows the DH will be here in 2022 in that new CBA anyway.

12 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Theres been some whispers it could. Now that both sides have seen it and people actually like it. Manfred really wants it and the players like it because it creates another job. Most of the NL would need to scramble for a true DH and from the players perspective thats a lot of payroll coming for those bats. The money is also why some NL owners were against it. AL owners want it because they get put at a disadvantage when they play in NL parks. So theres been whispers that the players might offer it up this winter as a good faith gesture. In hopes it'll help the CBA negotiations after next year. Everyone knows the DH will be here in 2022 in that new CBA anyway.

So there is hope for it. I definitely want it because it probably helps with us keeping Ozuna. 

After watching the DH, I never want to go back at all. 

16 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I think most people have this sentiment.

I for one really want to see the universal DH stick.

I guess it's cool to see Bumgarner hit a homer every once in a blue moon? Julio Teheran hit a homer once and it was funny. 

But the quality of the overall product is so much better with a universal DH

2 hours ago, tl;dr said:

I guess it's cool to see Bumgarner hit a homer every once in a blue moon? Julio Teheran hit a homer once and it was funny. 

But the quality of the overall product is so much better with a universal DH

Some site had stats on it a while back. Pitchers hit .128 last year. The record high the last 20 years is .148. The last time they topped .200 as a group was 90 years ago.

I was looking at team stats. The Braves have four guys in the top 50 in homers, with Ozuna and Duvall tied for seventh with 13 (MLB lead is 15).

The one that jumped out at me is WAR. Among hitters, Dansby actually leads the team with 2.2. Freddie is second with 1.7. Overall, Fried is way ahead at 2.9.

27 minutes ago, jidady said:

I was looking at team stats. The Braves have four guys in the top 50 in homers, with Ozuna and Duvall tied for seventh with 13 (MLB lead is 15).

The one that jumped out at me is WAR. Among hitters, Dansby actually leads the team with 2.2. Freddie is second with 1.7. Overall, Fried is way ahead at 2.9.

I really wish Dansby's batted ball profile matched his great production. His actual production in 2019 vs 2020 should be flipped, honestly. 

6 hours ago, tl;dr said:

Yeah, I was on the other side of it but watching the extra firepower has been more exciting.  I’m not as old school as I thought I was.

43 minutes ago, Born Again Georgian said:

Yeah, I was on the other side of it but watching the extra firepower has been more exciting.  I’m not as old school as I thought I was.

Oh it’s a much better product and I’m so glad we have gotten a taste of it this year