Any of you guys thinking of not watching football this season?

36 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

I don't even like mustard.....or Salmon

Like I always say....I am the pickiest fat guy that you will ever meet.

I just know when I have made things like that ( salmon, crab etc) for other people they typically  enjoy those more with whole grain.

I am a prejudice food eater.  creamy white looking things remind me of mayo and I will turn my nose up at it...

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some get to avoid it and some have to live it.  Be happy you are able to avoid it.  Some people aren’t allowed that privilege 

You guys sound like a bunch of snowflakes. I hope you can find a safe space where the athletes won't make your tummies hurt.

So much victimhood. 

Posted Images

19 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

That’s my point. Doesn’t change the fact that we should need some virtue signaling white savior. Black people call each other the n-word, so white people should be given a pass, too. 

I guess. My point is perhaps that’s more a human being issue than a racial one.

No.

I don’t use milk in my homemade made from scratch biscuits. I use

Fage 0% fat Greek yogurt

Bob’s Red Mill Gluten-free AP flour

and then the usual ingredients:

cane sugar, salt, unsalted butter, baking powder, baking soda, water, and eggs. I take one large beaten egg and use a brush to brush the egg wash over the biscuits before baking. 

11 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I guess. My point is perhaps that’s more a human being issue than a racial one.

It’s a racial issue because that’s the fabric ingrained in our society. When they come around, it’s black community this and black community that. That sounds like race to me. It’s just the way it is. To deny that is being disingenuous. 

3 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

It’s a racial issue because that’s the fabric ingrained in our society. When they come around, it’s black community this and black community that. That sounds like race to me. It’s just the way it is. To deny that is being disingenuous. 

Not denying anything, I’m just saying all races do it to a large degree. To deny that is being disingenuous.

2 hours ago, Vandy said:

Not denying anything, I’m just saying all races do it to a large degree. To deny that is being disingenuous.

That's diverting from the point I was making. Please stay on topic. This is not about races of people.

I said that I hate when white people come to the black community and act as though the black community needs some kind of white savior. What you are saying has nothing to do with what I am saying. Other races doing "it", whatever "it" is has nothing to do with what I am saying. So much logical fallacy in your comment to me. 

"XYZ does it, too, . . . so that means ABC "

Like I said, I am tired of the powers that be in the white community acting as though the black community needs some kind of white savior. The Republican conservative white is no different than the Democratic liberal white or the progressive white. They two sides of the same coin when it comes to using the black community as a prop. 

This is a very specific topic that has nothing to do with "all other races doing it, too". That is such an amateurish, high school-level retort with about two or three logical fallacies on the side.

29 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

That's diverting from the point I was making. Please stay on topic. This is not about races of people.

I said that I hate when white people come to the black community and act as though the black community needs some kind of white savior. What you are saying has nothing to do with what I am saying. Other races doing "it", whatever "it" is has nothing to do with what I am saying. So much logical fallacy in your comment to me. 

"XYZ does it, too, . . . so that means ABC "

I’m on point, you just don’t agree with “it”. Which is okay by me, my man, I’ve always respected your POV, even when we don’t always agree.

And I said I hate it too, and that black people do it as well as whites. Which means to me it’s a human being issue. If you can’t handle that and want to call me meanie names like “amateurish”..... then oh well Halcon, that’s on you.

51 minutes ago, Vandy said:

I’m on point, you just don’t agree with “it”. Which is okay by me, my man, I’ve always respected your POV, even when we don’t always agree.

And I said I hate it too, and that black people do it as well as whites. Which means to me it’s a human being issue. If you can’t handle that and want to call me meanie names like “amateurish”..... then oh well Halcon, that’s on you.

I never called you a name. I didn't say you were amateurish. I said your retort is amateurish. Reading is fundamental, but so is comprehension. You can't handle an adult conversation seeing as how you mis-read and/or misunderstood what I said.

Your stance has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I'm saying. Let's end this silly bickering back and forth over nothing. 

I hit a nerve so now you have to act obtuse about it in an attempt to downplay my stance. You epically missed the mark because we are talking about two very different things. You didn't even address my original comment. 

6 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

I never called you a name. I didn't say you were amateurish. I said your retort is amateurish. Reading is fundamental, but so is comprehension. You can't handle an adult conversation seeing as how you mis-read and/or misunderstood what I said.

Your stance has absolutely NOTHING to do with what I'm saying. Let's end this silly bickering back and forth over nothing. 

I hit a nerve so now you have to act obtuse about it in an attempt to downplay my stance. You epically missed the mark because we are talking about two very different things. You didn't even address my original comment. 

You didn’t hit my nerves bro, nor am I bickering. You need to look in the mirror on who’s bickering with whom. I’m not the one calling you or your opinions whatever. I don’t/didn't even disagree with what you said conceptually. You just couldn’t handle my thoughts on it, and resorted to making it personal. And like I said, That’s entirely on you. 

Just now, Vandy said:

You didn’t hit my nerves bro. I’m not the one calling you or your opinions whatever. I don’t even disagree with what you said conceptually. You just couldn’t handle my thoughts on it, and resorted to making it personal. And like I said, That’s on you. 

You are sensitive. I never made it personal. I have not attacked you in any way whatsoever. I made one comment about your stance.

For what it is worth, I do not disagree with your POV, but it has nothing to do with my topic. In a defensive posture, you raise a very general topic to divert from my very specific topic. Just because you use the same terms I use doesn't mean your POV is related to what I am discussing. I am specifically discussing the black community as it relates to white power brokers on both sides of the political spectrum in the U.S. pandering to the black community. Other races doing it has nothing to do with my topic. It is classic diversion because the person doing the diverting has nothing substantial to contribute or an articulate stance to oppose, if they disagree. Comprehension is also very important so as to understand and pick out the main idea of the other person.

35 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

You are sensitive. I never made it personal. I have not attacked you in any way whatsoever. I made one comment about your stance.

For what it is worth, I do not disagree with your POV, but it has nothing to do with my topic. In a defensive posture, you raise a very general topic to divert from my very specific topic. Just because you use the same terms I use doesn't mean your POV is related to what I am discussing. I am specifically discussing the black community as it relates to white power brokers on both sides of the political spectrum in the U.S. pandering to the black community. Other races doing it has nothing to do with my topic. It is classic diversion because the person doing the diverting has nothing substantial to contribute or an articulate stance to oppose, if they disagree. Comprehension is also very important so as to understand and pick out the main idea of the other person.

No, I’m really not.

So it’s all about you? That’s not quite how the world works, my friend. My thoughts are just as important. Yes, I’m a white guy trying to understand a black man’s POV. And usually I read and say little to nothing on it, because I know for way too long we haven’t done that. Which is just shut- up and listen. Which I think, even with my supposed reading mis-comprehension issues and all, was part of where you were coming from. If i’m wrong about that, I apologize. But I do have thoughts on these things, and sometimes by expressing them is how we learn from others even when we miss the mark. But nobody learns anything when it turns into an attack and counter-attack between one other.

Ezekiel & I had a civil discussion on similar subject a couple weeks ago. We’ve known each other awhile so it was easier to go there, and I think he knows I truly care. We didn’t completely agree with the other’s take, but no silly name calling on the other’s takes, and we parted friends.

I would hope you and I can do the same.

4 minutes ago, Vandy said:

So it’s all about you? That’s not quite how the world works, my friend. My thoughts are just as important. Yes, I’m a white guy trying to understand a black man’s POV. And usually I read and say little to nothing on it, because I know for way too long we haven’t done that. Which is just listen. Which I think, even with my supposed reading mis-comprehension and all, was part of where you were coming from. If i’m wrong about that, I apologize. But I do have thoughts on these things, and sometimes by expressing them is how we learn from others even when wrong. But nobody learns anything when it turns into an attack and counter-attack.

Ezekiel & I had a civil discussion on similar subject a couple weeks ago. We’ve known each other awhile so it was easier, and he knows I really care. We didn’t completely agree with the other’s take, but no silly name calling on the other’s takes, and we parted friends.

I would hope you and I can do the same.

Okay. Fair enough.