Any of you guys thinking of not watching football this season?

9 hours ago, SleepyJoeB said:

Did either of you see Emmitt Smith when he was doing commentating? I was not racist at all. He was not a good communicator. There are comedy skits on him. He was not a good public speaker plain and simple. 

I’ve seen stories with him talking socially and he was fine conversing. I’m not sure why he struggled on camera, but his career was very short for a reason.

Why are you sending me this? I don’t care. Did you intend to respond to someone else?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some get to avoid it and some have to live it.  Be happy you are able to avoid it.  Some people aren’t allowed that privilege 

You guys sound like a bunch of snowflakes. I hope you can find a safe space where the athletes won't make your tummies hurt.

So much victimhood. 

Posted Images

4 hours ago, WhenFalconsWin said:

Only Fading Joe would be this umm you know @Big_Dog and say that the USMCA is better than his NAFTA that he help negotiate and him and Obama never addressed changing, but Trump did.  He will soon admit the Iran Nuke deal sucked as well.

Notice @Big_Dog didn't touch this one with a 10 foot pole.  Numbnuts is just ignoring this blunder in a series of Biden blunder that will never cease to exist.

On 9/4/2020 at 8:56 AM, SleepyJoeB said:

I know everyone has their own opinions on the world events of today. I do not judge anyone for their beliefs. 

I have not missed a Falcon game since I was 5 years old. That’s 46 years of Falcon football. Everyone has hard times in life but the Falcons were my one constant that I could always share with my Father. 

With all of this said, I’m having a hard time with having things shoved down my throat with sports currently. You can call me a racist or whatever you want, but I can assure you that I have many close friends of color that I would do anything in my power to help or protect.

So my question is, are any of you in the same spot that I am in? That spot being that I love the Falcons, but I do not agree with the political rhetoric that they are pushing.

Yep, just might stop watching Football all together. I'd hoped that the NFL, seeing the failures of the NBA and NLB could do something that could honor both sides and pull us together as fans and as brothers. Instead they fan  the flames of racism and division and wear the names of people who prey on society on their uniforms (most of the names, probably not all), while the NFL denies the Cowboys request to honor fallen Officers and no one at all mentions David Dorn or others killed in the violence. 

it's a shame because I've breathed Falcons year round for the last 10 years or so. This will feel like losing good friend.

I ignorantly defended the kneeling to my family and friends, thinking I knew what it was about and they didn't. 

I was Ignorant and wrong!

You can call yourself movement the "Everyone loves puppies coalition" but when the umbrella that is your coalition has large numbers that burns my flag, assaults/kills my people, destroys my cities, assaults my police force, tell me my white skin is inherently evil (in the name of fixing racism),  kills people in intentionally set fires and seeks to destroy my country in general, I don't care that  you love puppies and don't support the other stuff. It's not my responsibility to sort you out or educate you, it's your responsibility to distance your self from things you don't support and educate yourself. If you don't distance yourself, you're as much a domestic terrorist as they are. 

As for the NFL -"Get Woke, Go Broke" 

43 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

that burns my flag, assaults/kills my people, destroys my cities, assaults my police force, tell me my white skin is inherently evil (in the name of fixing racism),  kills people in intentionally set fires and seeks to destroy my country in general 

It’s their flag, their people, their cities, their police, and their country also.  

4 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It’s their flag, their people, their cities, their police, and their country also.  

-not their builds burned down. 

-not their property damages. 

-not their lives lost (fire,shootings,etc.)

-not intimidating and assaulting their own. 

everything in this movement is about individual responsibility and everyone involved not wanting to take any responsibility for their own actions. 

9 minutes ago, The O.D.B said:

-not their builds burned down. 

-not their property damages. 

-not their lives lost (fire,shootings,etc.)

-not intimidating and assaulting their own. 

everything in this movement is about individual responsibility and everyone involved not wanting to take any responsibility for their own actions. 

Who is “they”?  

And when did your property get damaged or your life threatened?

On 9/4/2020 at 6:53 PM, Leon Troutsky said:

Of course we have to explain this to the newestg TATF guy.

Byrd led a chapter of the KKK.  Byrd later denounced the KKK and racism.  Byrd spent the rest of his life apologizing for that and working to promote equality.  

Biden being friends with a person who rejected their racist past, apologized for it, and worked for equality does not make Biden a “friend of the KKK”.

You’re out of your league here and should probably head back to TATF.

They never learn. Looks like we have a whole group that came down to get some education...

1 hour ago, The O.D.B said:

Yep, just might stop watching Football all together. I'd hoped that the NFL, seeing the failures of the NBA and NLB could do something that could honor both sides and pull us together as fans and as brothers. Instead they fan  the flames of racism and division and wear the names of people who prey on society on their uniforms (most of the names, probably not all), while the NFL denies the Cowboys request to honor fallen Officers and no one at all mentions David Dorn or others killed in the violence. 

it's a shame because I've breathed Falcons year round for the last 10 years or so. This will feel like losing good friend.

I ignorantly defended the kneeling to my family and friends, thinking I knew what it was about and they didn't. 

I was Ignorant and wrong!

You can call yourself movement the "Everyone loves puppies coalition" but when the umbrella that is your coalition has large numbers that burns my flag, assaults/kills my people, destroys my cities, assaults my police force, tell me my white skin is inherently evil (in the name of fixing racism),  kills people in intentionally set fires and seeks to destroy my country in general, I don't care that  you love puppies and don't support the other stuff. It's not my responsibility to sort you out or educate you, it's your responsibility to distance your self from things you don't support and educate yourself. If you don't distance yourself, you're as much a domestic terrorist as they are. 

As for the NFL -"Get Woke, Go Broke" 

Bye Bye. Trust me, they won't miss you. In fact, since you're leaving, I'll just buy a bunch more stuff to make up for the lost revenue.

15 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

What is on the menu for Sunday?

For me I am just going to do some grilled wings and philly steak sliders

So, I got into F1 racing, and that means that Sports on Sunday starts at 6am and ends at like 8:30pm. Gonna do breakfast burritos, then order some Barro's Pizza. I need to be able to devite my full attention to the games...

14 minutes ago, Halcon-1 said:

sockeye salmon baked to a flaky consistency over a bed of steamed jasmine rice and lightly drizzled with a hint of lime table d'hote roasted asparagus

I just lack the confidence to bake a salmon. And I consider myself pretty good as a dad chef. It's just something I haven't tried. I can make some mean salmon patties though.

16 minutes ago, Sponge said:

I just lack the confidence to bake a salmon. And I consider myself pretty good as a dad chef. It's just something I haven't tried. I can make some mean salmon patties though.

Man I love salmon patties. Thing about baking fish is not baking it too high or too long. It will dry out quick. I usually 1 tbsp of plive oil per filet and add salt and black pepper. I mix it together and pour it over the salmon in aluminum foil. Let it sit in the fridge for 2 to 3 days. Bake it at 350 degrees for 15 to 20 minutes. 

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

Treat it like any other meat...get a good digital thermometer that has an alarm on it and set it for the temperature that you want.

I do not care for fish myself but it is easy to cook with basic technique and practice.

Katy loves it so any time I can get a decent deal on fresh fish I get it and vacuum seal it.

And when I do any fish on the grill I use a fairly similar marinade of lemon (juice and zest), minced shallot, olive oil, salt, crushed red pepper, terragon and dill.