Any of you guys thinking of not watching football this season?

4 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

I mean.......just don't watch and walk away. 

You don't have to talk about it and if enough people feel like you do they'll react, if not, they won't. No need for the dramatic I'm thinking about leaving posts. Walk away or don't.

A poster who created an online persona here pretending to be a famous black athlete and used to feature posts and threads using broken English, poor spelling, and borderline Ebonics to portray that famous athlete as ignorant now has a problem with professional athletes speaking out against being treated as playthings for white audiences. 

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some get to avoid it and some have to live it.  Be happy you are able to avoid it.  Some people aren’t allowed that privilege 

You guys sound like a bunch of snowflakes. I hope you can find a safe space where the athletes won't make your tummies hurt.

So much victimhood. 

Posted Images

41 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

A poster who created an online persona here pretending to be a famous black athlete and used to feature posts and threads using broken English, poor spelling, and borderline Ebonics to portray that famous athlete as ignorant now has a problem with professional athletes speaking out against being treated as playthings for white audiences. 

LOL! Wait! What?!

2 hours ago, Halcon-1 said:

What do you want? some attention? a rise out of someone? feminine-like back and forth debate?

If you don't want to watch, then simply don't watch. Trust me, you will not be missed. The NFL will carry on. Go tell Goodell you aren't watching, the players, or the coaching staffs. You've already invested 46 years worth of time, money, and other resources. Your loss. 

If you aren't adult enough to sit through a show of unity or so-called political demonstration (it really isn't), then you probably should not be watching TV at all. There are many more things that should offend you on TV than this tonight. Grow up. You're 51. I bet you are one of those who will be quick to call someone a sensitive soft snowflake, yet here you are tonight. 

Did you boycott the NFL with all of the horrific incidents that have occurred at the hands of coaches and players over the past 46 years?

Additionally, what need is there for you to claim you aren't a racist and then turn around and attempt to qualify that by saying "I have many close friends of color". . . . Yea, I know. You and people like you always "have many close friends of color". 😂 I see right through your psyche. You aren't the first on this board and you will not be the last, unfortunately. People were doing and saying this back when CK first knelt, yet here they are, still hanging around here and still investing in the NFL. 

You aren't going anywhere. You'll be front and center for another 46 years, if you live that long. Who are we kidding! Next thing you'll do is make another thread telling the mods to delete your account in yet another pathetic, pitiful attempt at attention. You'll then return here claiming all is good now LOL.

Wow. You are easily offended. I simply asked were others having a hard time decided to watch or not

This is just a civil discussion of what I thought would be mature responses. Sure there were some testy post earlier, but everything had calmed down and was being discussed in a calm matter.

I only see one racist in this conversation and it certainly isn’t me.

59 minutes ago, Sponge said:

And this was one of my main reasons for asking the question in the first place, but apparently anyone who doesn’t fall for the media propaganda is now a racist.

when I was teenager, my father and I did not have a lot in common and seldom saw eye to eye on any matter, but the one thing that we did together was Falcon football. It was just football! It was three hours away from the world and it’s troubles.

Edited by Emmitt
7 hours ago, Emmitt said:

I’m not saying that she deserved to be shot at all. Her boyfriend was the first person to shoot. The police responded with fire.

what exactly would you like for the police to do in that situation? Just takes leave because they are being shot at?

The best case is that they comply with the police and are then arrested and given a fair trial. They have every right to that if they COMPLY. 

The cops did not kill her, her boyfriend did once he started shooting.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/louisville-detective-fired-over-killing-breonna-taylor-n1231958?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR1fb9u2xAvaWPBJMw-poOa6erPVgnnAxTsyk94WzNQ1rDivDIUHdLHSXXs

They thought their house was being broken into and they called 911. The calls have been logged. This isn't even a debate dude. People have the right to protect themselves and their property. No amount of skew changes that. Saying the boyfriend killed her once he fired at the cops is just shameful.

Just now, Francis York Morgan said:

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/louisville-detective-fired-over-killing-breonna-taylor-n1231958?cid=sm_npd_nn_fb_ma&fbclid=IwAR1fb9u2xAvaWPBJMw-poOa6erPVgnnAxTsyk94WzNQ1rDivDIUHdLHSXXs

They thought their house was being broken into and they called 911. The calls have been logged. This isn't even a debate dude. People have the right to protect themselves and their property. No amount of skew changes that. Saying the boyfriend killed her once he fired at the cops is just shameful.

I am not aware of that fact. I have not seen that reported. I let me read your link and I will reassess.

4 minutes ago, Scrunchomarx said:

Shame on you emmitt is a national treasure. How dare besmirch the greatness that is escambia highs finest

Appreciate it my friend. 

i never did the Emmitt skit to be racist. I actually stole the idea from a Walter’s Football article where they did the same thing. In fact,  there are many such articles in similar fashion.

I did see a couple of people that took offense and I stopped doing them. Again it was never meant to be racist in any matter, but I have found another possible persona to become that even makes less sense than Emmitt when speaking.

Joe Biden is on an entirely different level and he’s Caucasian. I will create the account immediately!

1 hour ago, Halcon-1 said:

LOL! Wait! What?!

Did either of you see Emmitt Smith when he was doing commentating? I was not racist at all. He was not a good communicator. There are comedy skits on him. He was not a good public speaker plain and simple. 

I’ve seen stories with him talking socially and he was fine conversing. I’m not sure why he struggled on camera, but his career was very short for a reason.

7 minutes ago, Invincible said:

It never ceases to amaze me how much small political displays on the sidelines of a football field, for less than a couple of minutes during pre-game, causes people to just meltdown. I don't even pay attention most of the time until right before kick-off. The way people act, you'd think both team's were stopping the game to give a three hours power point presentation on racial issues in America. 

It’s not how much time it takes. It’s the stance. From the reaction tonight, I am not alone. I like politics and sports to be separate. I have no issue with an individual expressing their beliefs on their own time, but when a company becomes non neutral. It’s an issue for many people.

Edited by SleepyJoeB
1 minute ago, Invincible said:

I'm sure it comes from the same people who say the Coronavirus was no big deal and that Antifa and illegals are coming to burn down the churches and rape the white women.

Haha. Maybe so. I know the internet has brought about a whole new level of conspiracy theories. My father in law is 100% serious that Bigfoot exists.

29 minutes ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

LMFAO. “I’m not going to watch football because I hate politics! Now excuse me while I change my screen name and avatar to politics.”

So transparent. 

I’m sure he’s just an independent voter unaffiliated with either party who is only concerned about the fact that Democrats are pedophiles and satan worshippers.

9 hours ago, SleepyJoeB said:

Wow. You are easily offended. I simply asked were others having a hard time decided to watch or not

This is just a civil discussion of what I thought would be mature responses. Sure there were some testy post earlier, but everything had calmed down and was being discussed in a calm matter.

I only see one racist in this conversation and it certainly isn’t me.

Where am I offended?

Hit dog will holler. Where did the “racist” claim come from? I never brought up racism.