Any of you guys thinking of not watching football this season?

6 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

She was shot in her home on a no-knock warrant. No amount of drug dealing entitles the authorities to be judge, jury, and executioner. And no amount of drug dealing means that her boyfriend should be charged for attempted murder of an officer shot by another police officer.

This is, in this scenario, strictly about civil liberties. You're both essentially saying that the Constitution has no value. That any crime justifies the death of an individual, even if not taking place at the present time, even if wildly disproportionate. Does that really make sense to you?

Obviously you didn’t watch the video and read the transcripts. It was a Knock Warrant

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some get to avoid it and some have to live it.  Be happy you are able to avoid it.  Some people aren’t allowed that privilege 

You guys sound like a bunch of snowflakes. I hope you can find a safe space where the athletes won't make your tummies hurt.

So much victimhood. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

Obviously you didn’t watch the video and read the transcripts. It was a Knock Warrant

It was a no knock warrant. 

"The police who were investigating Taylor’s apartment did have a "no-knock" warrant to enter that address."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3235029001

5 minutes ago, wartownfalcon said:

I did read the transcripts. I heard the police statements as well, and find it interesting that you're more willing to trust what was put out after the fact by police who openly lied about who shot the officer (traced by forensics) than what they initially said. I also find it interesting that you're keying in on one part of my post and completely ignoring the part where someone deserves to die because of potential relationship to past, non-currently threatening crimes. I would really appreciate if you just came right out and said what you mean by that.

2 minutes ago, Jdrizzle said:

It was a no knock warrant. 

"The police who were investigating Taylor’s apartment did have a "no-knock" warrant to enter that address."

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.usatoday.com/amp/3235029001

Full Transcript including phone calls from inside the jail

it would be wise to read the full transcript before running yalls mouth. They are on record from phone calls INSIDE the jail saying the cops knocked on the door and the BF didn’t answer them, which then gave them the right to bust in. The BF shot at the cops and they returned fire. Breonna was in the hallway and got hit with a bullet. Yes, it’s sad she got hit and died, no one is denying that.

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

I did read the transcripts. I heard the police statements as well, and find it interesting that you're more willing to trust what was put out after the fact by police who openly lied about who shot the officer (traced by forensics) than what they initially said. I also find it interesting that you're keying in on one part of my post and completely ignoring the part where someone deserves to die because of potential relationship to past, non-currently threatening crimes. I would really appreciate if you just came right out and said what you mean by that.

It’s coming from the people that were involved with Breonna as well, not just the cops

2 minutes ago, Francis York Morgan said:

Please address the other part of my post. This is like...a case study at this point. Do you believe every American is entitled to civil liberties or not?

As a true libertarian I believe that once the crime is committed you deserve what you get from law enforcement. #backbigblue

I personally just don’t have the attention span to want to sit and watch a game at home.  I think I was broken by that falcons super bowl loss.  I was depressed after that loss and I just can’t put my heart into it the same afterwards.  But I’ve been slowly not caring about football for the past few years.  I can still go wild and cheer like crazy, but it’s just not the same for me.

16 minutes ago, eatcorn said:

Seems pretty clear that some of y'all should just not watch the NFL. Then you can stop whining.

Problem solved!

That's part of their perpetual martyr complex though, they have to keep *****ing about it.  It's like when wokezone asked for his account to be deleted after Grady Jarrett knelt and then came back here twice.

6 hours ago, Francis York Morgan said:

She was shot in her home on a no-knock warrant. No amount of drug dealing entitles the authorities to be judge, jury, and executioner. And no amount of drug dealing means that her boyfriend should be charged for attempted murder of an officer shot by another police officer.

This is, in this scenario, strictly about civil liberties. You're both essentially saying that the Constitution has no value. That any crime justifies the death of an individual, even if not taking place at the present time, even if wildly disproportionate. Does that really make sense to you?

I’m not saying that she deserved to be shot at all. Her boyfriend was the first person to shoot. The police responded with fire.

what exactly would you like for the police to do in that situation? Just takes leave because they are being shot at?

The best case is that they comply with the police and are then arrested and given a fair trial. They have every right to that if they COMPLY. 

The cops did not kill her, her boyfriend did once he started shooting.

5 hours ago, lostone said:

I personally just don’t have the attention span to want to sit and watch a game at home.  I think I was broken by that falcons super bowl loss.  I was depressed after that loss and I just can’t put my heart into it the same afterwards.  But I’ve been slowly not caring about football for the past few years.  I can still go wild and cheer like crazy, but it’s just not the same for me.

Same. I feel like I'm burned out on football and need something else. 

7 hours ago, lostone said:

You are not alone there brother. I will never get the over that.

1 hour ago, Sponge said:

I said this once up in TATF and got boo'd out of there.

I have been surprised that more hasn’t been said. It’s a major topic on message boards and social media. From the comments, only 12 people in the world will be tuning into tonight’s game.

Im very interested to see the ratings. If it is as bad as the NBA or MLB. Goodell may be gone.

1 hour ago, Emmitt said:

I’m not saying that she deserved to be shot at all. Her boyfriend was the first person to shoot. The police responded with fire.

what exactly would you like for the police to do in that situation? Just takes leave because they are being shot at?

The best case is that they comply with the police and are then arrested and given a fair trial. They have every right to that if they COMPLY. 

The cops did not kill her, her boyfriend did once he started shooting.

How do you kill someone by not killing them?  How can you explain the cops shooting two people, but charging someone else? 

1 hour ago, Emmitt said:

I have been surprised that more hasn’t been said. It’s a major topic on message boards and social media. From the comments, only 12 people in the world will be tuning into tonight’s game.

Im very interested to see the ratings. If it is as bad as the NBA or MLB. Goodell may be gone.

lol 

3 hours ago, Sponge said:

I said this once up in TATF and got boo'd out of there.

2 hours ago, Emmitt said:

I meant it as I said for them to quit watching football if they are just going to cry about the Falcons losing and arguing among themselves. Nothing to do with kneeling. 

On 9/4/2020 at 11:56 AM, Emmitt said:

I know everyone has their own opinions on the world events of today. I do not judge anyone for their beliefs. 

I have not missed a Falcon game since I was 5 years old. That’s 46 years of Falcon football. Everyone has hard times in life but the Falcons were my one constant that I could always share with my Father. 

With all of this said, I’m having a hard time with having things shoved down my throat with sports currently. You can call me a racist or whatever you want, but I can assure you that I have many close friends of color that I would do anything in my power to help or protect.

So my question is, are any of you in the same spot that I am in? That spot being that I love the Falcons, but I do not agree with the political rhetoric that they are pushing.

What do you want? some attention? a rise out of someone? feminine-like back and forth debate?

If you don't want to watch, then simply don't watch. Trust me, you will not be missed. The NFL will carry on. Go tell Goodell you aren't watching, the players, or the coaching staffs. You've already invested 46 years worth of time, money, and other resources. Your loss. 

If you aren't adult enough to sit through a show of unity or so-called political demonstration (it really isn't), then you probably should not be watching TV at all. There are many more things that should offend you on TV than this tonight. Grow up. You're 51. I bet you are one of those who will be quick to call someone a sensitive soft snowflake, yet here you are tonight. 

Did you boycott the NFL with all of the horrific incidents that have occurred at the hands of coaches and players over the past 46 years?

Additionally, what need is there for you to claim you aren't a racist and then turn around and attempt to qualify that by saying "I have many close friends of color". . . . Yea, I know. You and people like you always "have many close friends of color". 😂 I see right through your psyche. You aren't the first on this board and you will not be the last, unfortunately. People were doing and saying this back when CK first knelt, yet here they are, still hanging around here and still investing in the NFL. 

You aren't going anywhere. You'll be front and center for another 46 years, if you live that long. Who are we kidding! Next thing you'll do is make another thread telling the mods to delete your account in yet another pathetic, pitiful attempt at attention. You'll then return here claiming all is good now LOL.

Edited by Halcon-1