Any of you guys thinking of not watching football this season?

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some get to avoid it and some have to live it.  Be happy you are able to avoid it.  Some people aren’t allowed that privilege 

You guys sound like a bunch of snowflakes. I hope you can find a safe space where the athletes won't make your tummies hurt.

So much victimhood. 

Posted Images

Everyone has tried their best to change the subject of my original question. I think it’s pretty obvious from how dead the forum is that I do not really need an answer.

I genuinely wanted to know if anyone else was having a hard time deciding to watch the Falcons. I am, but this thread has certainly made it easier for me to decide.

1 hour ago, Emmitt said:

Admittedly, I was very cautious with my investments during the Obama administration. I lost more than I care to admit. Many did. I chose to be more stable with my investments at the time. Do I regret it now? Maybe, but the having a safety net at the time was more important to me.

I have never said one time that I was Trump  supporter. I am not a Biden supporter either for that matter.

I simply said that I am doing what is right for me.

So you bought high and sold low...  you chose the path... you really can’t blame an administration for your choices on the market... if you’d have stayed the course, you’d have gotten the returns I saw during Obama years

27 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

Everyone has tried their best to change the subject of my original question. I think it’s pretty obvious from how dead the forum is that I do not really need an answer.

I genuinely wanted to know if anyone else was having a hard time deciding to watch the Falcons. I am, but this thread has certainly made it easier for me to decide.

I don’t think I’d let 3or 4 other people dictate my overall behavior, but do you 

9 hours ago, Emmitt said:

I'm having a hard time.  I'm so done with the NBA.  I'm planning to watch the Falcons this season but I will certainly turn it off if its political and that includes not standing for the presentation of colors.  

10 hours ago, Emmitt said:

You act like that’s a unicorn? 

I do still have a full time job and I am paid well above the median salary for the position. I also own two other businesses on the side. One that is too successful and kills any free time that I get during the week. I have recently scaled it back even though I am constantly stalked with orders. The other is meh, but my wife likes it. 

So yes, I’m actually higher that than since then.

It would be in the top 1% of income, which is obviously far above the median.  Good for you and your success, seriously. My point is that taxes didn’t go up for 99% of the American public under Obama.  

32 minutes ago, The Great American said:

I'm having a hard time.  I'm so done with the NBA.  I'm planning to watch the Falcons this season but I will certainly turn it off if its political and that includes not standing for the presentation of colors.  

Get ready to be done with all sports then. 

Absolutely kills me you’re still worked up over this and no comment whatsoever on Trump’s disgusting remarks about veterans and KIA. Typical. 

6 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Why would you even mention Trump?

Because you’ve been whining for years now that the anthem protests disrespect the troops, despite the fact we’ve pointed out numerous times that Kaepernick came up with the idea with former Green Beret Nate Boyer, and Trump disrespects Tripp’s on a level unfathomed by any other standards, yet silence. 

Sports haven’t become political. If LeBron was talking about the filibuster or the budget, then sports would be political.

Sports have become one of the most powerful and important voices for human rights and empathy for your fellow man. If you think black people being murdered by the state with consequences is “political,” that’s a ******* YOU problem. 

On 9/4/2020 at 6:55 PM, lostone said:

Also... teaching independence ... all I see are companies robbing this country blind and people cheering that on.  If you are rich, handouts are okay.  If you are poor... bootstraps.  It makes no sense.  

This!!!

Why are poor people so quick to tell themselves we shouldn’t take any assistance because the rich need it more.

That makes less sense than trying to pull a tracker trailer with your sake! 

Oh and for the folks getting tired of this... Must be nice to be able to turn the TV off and never have to deal with it. EVER.

12 hours ago, Emmitt said:

I asked you a genuine question directly related to your thread title and didn't get a response, for whatever that's worth. It does seem, at least from someone not on either "side," like you have your mind made up.

1 hour ago, Mr. Hoopah! said:

Because you’ve been whining for years now that the anthem protests disrespect the troops, despite the fact we’ve pointed out numerous times that Kaepernick came up with the idea with former Green Beret Nate Boyer, and Trump disrespects Tripp’s on a level unfathomed by any other standards, yet silence. 

I got permission to dislike kneeling from an Army Ranger.   What's your point?

8 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I wonder what’s more insulting to the military, kneeling during the anthem in protest of police brutality or calling people who fought in Vietnam “suckers” and saying that POW’s weren’t heroes because they were captured.  🤔

But, but, it's not related to Trump tho. It's fine to be really upset at this because I'm not saying I'm not really upset at Trump. Plausible deniability

38 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I wonder what’s more insulting to the military, kneeling during the anthem in protest of police brutality or calling people who fought in Vietnam “suckers” and saying that POW’s weren’t heroes because they were captured.  🤔

Is it ok to dislike both.  Asking for a friend.