Any of you guys thinking of not watching football this season?

33 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Taxes did not go up under Obama..

And your " investments" went up at a much faster rate under Obama than they have under Trump.

Wow! You’ve been into my accounts, because I can certainly break them down by years and it’s not even close. 

Maybe you picked bad investments.

I guess I’m the dump one that thinks my gain of 26% the last four years is higher than the 8% from the previous administration. Oh I’m such a dumbbell 

Edited by Emmitt
  • Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some get to avoid it and some have to live it.  Be happy you are able to avoid it.  Some people aren’t allowed that privilege 

You guys sound like a bunch of snowflakes. I hope you can find a safe space where the athletes won't make your tummies hurt.

So much victimhood. 

Posted Images

4 minutes ago, Emmitt said:
28 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Taxes did not go up under Obama..

And your " investments" went up at a much faster rate under Obama than they have under Trump.

Wow! You’ve been into my accounts, because I can certainly break them down by years and it’s not even close. 

Maybe you picked bad investments.

Expand  

Considering the stock market is public information....if your investments are in the market then I don't have to be in your accounts to know that the market had the biggest jump in recent history from 2009 to 2016.

If your investments are in real estate...then that is also public information...then I can tell you that again from 09 to 16 was one of the biggest inclines in recent history.

Once more if you think that the president is responsible for any of that.....you are an idiot.

2 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Considering the stock market is public information....if your investments are in the market then I don't have to be in your accounts to know that the market had the biggest jump in recent history from 2009 to 2016.

If your investments are in real estate...then that is also public information...then I can tell you that again from 09 to 16 was one of the biggest inclines in recent history.

Once more if you think that the president is responsible for any of that.....you are an idiot.

Of course if was an Increase. We were coming out of a recession. Duh

i suppose that my 26% gain under The current administration is lower than the 8% under Obama?

i think you are the idiot if you do not recognize the policies that a government affects the market. Literally every decision they make affects the market.

2 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

i suppose that my 26% gain under The current administration is lower than the 8% under Obama?

i think you are the idiot if you do not recognize the policies that a government affects the market. Literally every decision they make affects the market.

You probably think that Trump fixed the VA and signed the veterans choice too

4 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

You probably think that Trump fixed the VA and signed the veterans choice too

I do. The question is who you think did it?

Who do you think locked those kids in cages?

also I’m still waiting the math of how 26% growth is less than my 8% growth.

Do you know how low stocks were when Obama took over? If the stock market hadn’t gone up at the time, there would be no stock market. Citi was under $1 a share. Come on you are not this dumb.

22 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I do. The question is who you think did it?

Who do you think locked those kids in cages?

also I’m still waiting the math of how 26% growth is less than my 8% growth.

Do you know how low stocks were when Obama took over? If the stock market hadn’t gone up at the time, there would be no stock market. Citi was under $1 a share. Come on you are not this dumb.

Then you are indeed an idiot because the vets choice was signed before Trump even announced that he was running for president.

And yes Obama's administration did put the kids in cages.....for a short period of time until family in the us was found...then they were sent to be with family here.

Bad...yes...but no where near as evil as intentionally ripping children away from their families and holding them indefinitely.

If your investments only went up 8% then that says more about your investment strategy than it does any administration.

To use a quote that does not get used around here enough..... you are out of your league Donnie.

14 hours ago, Emmitt said:

I know everyone has their own opinions on the world events of today. I do not judge anyone for their beliefs. 

I have not missed a Falcon game since I was 5 years old. That’s 46 years of Falcon football. Everyone has hard times in life but the Falcons were my one constant that I could always share with my Father. 

With all of this said, I’m having a hard time with having things shoved down my throat with sports currently. You can call me a racist or whatever you want, but I can assure you that I have many close friends of color that I would do anything in my power to help or protect.

So my question is, are any of you in the same spot that I am in? That spot being that I love the Falcons, but I do not agree with the political rhetoric that they are pushing.

I'd actually love to know what about this rhetoric is so threatening that it makes you not want to watch football. Not being facetious either - what specifically is your thought process here? Help me understand.

woah... @Emmitthow could you only get 8% investment returns under Obama.... i only invested in a few index funds and I got well into the 30s under Obama.  Like did you move investments into a more conservative position during the drop and not move back to more aggressive positions afterwards?  You don’t have to tell us how much money you have, but post the funds you are invested in.  I’d like to see how this is possible.

lol I had an active day trader brag to me about how he was able to get 34% returns one year.  I told him in that same year investing in an index fund, I was able to get 36% returns.  That look on his face was priceless 

9 hours ago, Emmitt said:

I apologize for pushing a different button than I have in the past. I will take 30 lashes oh golden one.

You do what right for you and I’ll do what’s right for me. I voted for Obama/Biden for the first term. The only thing I got out of it was higher taxes and stale investments. I will admit 100% that economy is my number one concern. Under Trump, my taxes are lower and my investments have performed astronomically. I use experience as my guide.  

I don’t care how you vote or for what reasons.  Don’t come down here spouting off as though we don’t discuss these things on an hourly basis.  It would be like walking up to Dan Quinn and saying, “you do know that the spread formation is a good response to a cover 1 defense.”  Just makes you look silly and out of your league.

8 hours ago, Emmitt said:

Then you must be pretty PO’d at what Trump has done to the economy this year.  

18 hours ago, lostone said:

I swear you guys act like you are giving me some new information that I haven’t already researched or heard before.  I can point to trumps current actions and Bidens past actions.  I am well aware of what dems have done now and in the past.  I am well versed in who is responsible for the things that piss me off the post.  

the party currently defending white nationalists and southern strategy confederates are not democrats.  The party propping up QANON is not dems.  Are dems mealy mouth ... you bet they are.  I can’t stand centrist dems.  But you won’t catch me ever voting for a republican again, not until they purge this white nationalists crap from their party.

Also I have more things that concern me than just this race thing.  Student load debt is destroying my generation.  I have paid mine off (56k) and I want others to have it wiped clean.  These lenders are monsters.  Supporting the harpy Betsy Devos is pathetic.  She is making it harder to be forgiven on loans.  It’s a monstrosity.  Then you have republicans denying science and fighting against school funding.  The GOP wants us to goto the India style where some kids only goto school if the village pulls their money together and gets the one smart kid to go.  School choice won’t make sense to me unless it works for everyone and I care about rural America just as much as I do urban.  

we have people who rail against handouts and they receive Medicare/Medicaid or government assistance.  And don’t get me started on the prosperity gospel and fake Christians in evangelical churches

Student loan forgiveness is the most regressive tax strategy ever.  So, we are going to give a state backed loan to the most privileged people in our society, then forgive that debt and pay it with taxes collected from people who went to work instead of college.  Why not just have a poor tax on people who don't go to college.  

14 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

Student loan forgiveness is the most regressive tax strategy ever.  So, we are going to give a state backed loan to the most privileged people in our society, then forgive that debt and pay it with taxes collected from people who went to work instead of college.  Why not just have a poor tax on people who don't go to college.  

I’m fine with free college and forgiving student debt.  Free college will open up more for poor people as well.  You have predatory lending that is robbing kids blind with high interest rate student loans.  We can pay for war and tax cuts for the rich.... we can afford this.

Just now, lostone said:

I’m fine with free college and forgiving student debt.  Free college will open up more for poor people as well.  You have predatory lending that is robbing kids blind with high interest rate student loans.  We can pay for war and tax cuts for the rich.... we can afford this.

We have already driven up the price and watered down the product.  Making it 'free' will just continue the trend.  This is why a bachelors degree is not as valuable as it once was; because its not the same thing.  The predatory lending is a result of government backed loans that cannot be bankrupted.  Guess who made so you cant bankrupt on a student loan?

26 minutes ago, Flip Flop said:

We have already driven up the price and watered down the product.  Making it 'free' will just continue the trend.  This is why a bachelors degree is not as valuable as it once was; because its not the same thing.  The predatory lending is a result of government backed loans that cannot be bankrupted.  Guess who made so you cant bankrupt on a student loan?

And guess who is giving high interest rate loans to kids and side lining them with horrible interest loans...  it’s not just the government that is causing this dilemma 

1 hour ago, lostone said:

And guess who is giving high interest rate loans to kids and side lining them with horrible interest loans...  it’s not just the government that is causing this dilemma 

2 hours ago, Flip Flop said:

I actually kinda feel both sides of this debate. I feel like public colleges ought to have tuition cut considerably, and I do think that there should be more in terms of student loan forgiveness programs...ways you can serve the government a few years and pay it off exist, but not in the capacity they should. The capitalist model is alright in theory, since you'd think people would speak with their wallets, but in practice, access to loans the way they are now just puts people in holes and cripples the small business economy because people are sending money down a black hole and buying cheap off Amazon instead of putting it back into their locale. No easy answer to this question but I think both sides have a lot of common ground if you look for it.

2 hours ago, lostone said:

I went to grad school with this woman who came from a very wealthy family.  Her parents bought her a house when she started grad school, they bought her a car, and they gave her a monthly check for expenses.  That house appreciated for the four years she was there and she graduated with a lot of money in equity that should could use for a down payment on another house (assuming her parents didn’t buy her another one for graduation).

I had to take out loans to pay rent, paid interest on the loan on my car, and otherwise had to support myself.  I was broke when I graduated (but VERY happy to have a job), no money for a down payment, etc.  Took me 6-7 years before I was able to work into a position to buy a house, largely because I have a monthly student loan payment.

Yeah, the “privileged” don’t have student loans.  Loan forgiveness isn’t going to benefit them.   

22 hours ago, falconsd56 said:

Then you are indeed an idiot because the vets choice was signed before Trump even announced that he was running for president.

And yes Obama's administration did put the kids in cages.....for a short period of time until family in the us was found...then they were sent to be with family here.

Bad...yes...but no where near as evil as intentionally ripping children away from their families and holding them indefinitely.

If your investments only went up 8% then that says more about your investment strategy than it does any administration.

To use a quote that does not get used around here enough..... you are out of your league Donnie.

Admittedly, I was very cautious with my investments during the Obama administration. I lost more than I care to admit. Many did. I chose to be more stable with my investments at the time. Do I regret it now? Maybe, but the having a safety net at the time was more important to me.

I have never said one time that I was Trump  supporter. I am not a Biden supporter either for that matter.

I simply said that I am doing what is right for me.

3 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

I went to grad school with this woman who came from a very wealthy family.  Her parents bought her a house when she started grad school, they bought her a car, and they gave her a monthly check for expenses.  That house appreciated for the four years she was there and she graduated with a lot of money in equity that should could use for a down payment on another house (assuming her parents didn’t buy her another one for graduation).

I had to take out loans to pay rent, paid interest on the loan on my car, and otherwise had to support myself.  I was broke when I graduated (but VERY happy to have a job), no money for a down payment, etc.  Took me 6-7 years before I was able to work into a position to buy a house, largely because I have a monthly student loan payment.

Yeah, the “privileged” don’t have student loans.  Loan forgiveness isn’t going to benefit them.   

From my experience, kids that get everything handed to them in life do not make the best employees or people for that matter. 

I own two businesses. I choose the poor kid coming up nine times out of 10 when interviewing. They are hungrier and frankly have more common sense.

14 hours ago, Leon Troutsky said:

The only way his taxes went up under Obama was if he was earning over $350-400k a year.  

You act like that’s a unicorn? 

I do still have a full time job and I am paid well above the median salary for the position. I also own two other businesses on the side. One that is too successful and kills any free time that I get during the week. I have recently scaled it back even though I am constantly stalked with orders. The other is meh, but my wife likes it. 

So yes, I’m actually higher that than since then.

Edited by Emmitt