Any of you guys thinking of not watching football this season?

I know everyone has their own opinions on the world events of today. I do not judge anyone for their beliefs. 

I have not missed a Falcon game since I was 5 years old. That’s 46 years of Falcon football. Everyone has hard times in life but the Falcons were my one constant that I could always share with my Father. 

With all of this said, I’m having a hard time with having things shoved down my throat with sports currently. You can call me a racist or whatever you want, but I can assure you that I have many close friends of color that I would do anything in my power to help or protect.

So my question is, are any of you in the same spot that I am in? That spot being that I love the Falcons, but I do not agree with the political rhetoric that they are pushing.

• Replies 278
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Some get to avoid it and some have to live it.  Be happy you are able to avoid it.  Some people aren’t allowed that privilege 

You guys sound like a bunch of snowflakes. I hope you can find a safe space where the athletes won't make your tummies hurt.

So much victimhood. 

Posted Images

13 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I know everyone has their own opinions on the world events of today. I do not judge anyone for their beliefs. 

I have not missed a Falcon game since I was 5 years old. That’s 46 years of Falcon football. Everyone has hard times in life but the Falcons were my one constant that I could always share with my Father. 

With all of this said, I’m having a hard time with having things shoved down my throat with sports currently. You can call me a racist or whatever you want, but I can assure you that I have many close friends of color that I would do anything in my power to help or protect.

So my question is, are any of you in the same spot that I am in? That spot being that I love the Falcons, but I do not agree with the political rhetoric that they are pushing.

Some get to avoid it and some have to live it.  Be happy you are able to avoid it.  Some people aren’t allowed that privilege 

5 hours ago, lostone said:

With all due respect what privilege exactly? Anyone can be successful if they work hard and make good choices. By successful I mean have a good life and be independent. The stats just don't support the idea that black people are killed more frequently than anyone else. More white people are killed by cops than African Americans are. For what ever the reason the media wants to run that narrative no matter how bad it is for culture and the country. How much air time do they give to any other race being killed by cops? How much do they talk about black on white crime? Are some of the examples they show despicable? Sure. Is it always race related? No. If you follow the police orders and not resist your going to be fine. The vast majority of shootings by cops happen because someone resists, and that is true for all races. There are 330 million police interactions a year and unfortunately not all of them are textbook.

Work hard, make good choices and you can have a good life no matter what race you are. When people feel they are victims and have no chance of making it due to their color it makes many of them not want to try, which is exactly the point i.m.o. Its the new democrat plantation.

Democrats are the party of slavery, KKK, and Jim Crow. They want you to believe that there was some mythical switch at some point and now the Republicans are the racists. If that had happened there would be dozens of instances of senators switching parties during that time. There isn't.

Democrats want minorities dependant on the government for handouts. That's how they secure their votes. The last thing they want is the black community empowering themselves. Victim mentality is the new slavery. Democrats have been running cities for decades and what have they done to help build up the black communities in that time? They want minorities to blame anyone but the Democrats for their situations. They don't want them to have self accountability either. They are, as they always have been, the party of racism and exploitation of minorities. Not that the Republican party is totally innocent and free of bigots but for the most part they preach hard work, and self accountability. Whereas the democrats preach its those peoples fault. So don't even try until we sort those people out. It's the wrong message and its untrue. I know you will disagree but more and more african Americans are waking up to this. Try listening to them with an open mind. Peace be with you.

Also not all Democrats are that way. However the further left the party moves those Dems are becoming independents and voting republican.

5 hours ago, Emmitt said:

its getting ridiculous. The Bible talks about the inversion of all things in the end. Thats exactly what is happening. I hate that people are being exploited to vote a certain way against their best interests. I hate that the media has stoked racial tensions and only report racism ONE way. Personally I feel the democratic party has become radicalized and are trying to install communism. Of course the majority of them don't want that or realize what's happening but people from Cuba and Venezuela will tell you this is all very familiar. Politics has no place in sports i.m.o. ESPN is unwatchable now.

To answer your question I'm gonna watch my favorite sport for as long as I can stomach it. I'm going to pray more people see the light like I did a couple years ago. Three years ago I'd be right there with them all raising my fist and chanting marxist mantras. If I can find the truth anyone can.

6 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

With all due respect what privilege exactly? Anyone can be successful if they work hard and make good choices. By successful I mean have a good life and be independent. The stats just don't support the idea that black people are killed more frequently than anyone else. More white people are killed by cops than African Americans are. For what ever the reason the media wants to run that narrative no matter how bad it is for culture and the country. How much air time do they give to any other race being killed by cops? How much do they talk about black on white crime? Are some of the examples they show despicable? Sure. Is it always race related? No. If you follow the police orders and not resist your going to be fine. The vast majority of shootings by cops happen because someone resists, and that is true for all races. There are 330 million police interactions a year and unfortunately not all of them are textbook.

Work hard, make good choices and you can have a good life no matter what race you are. When people feel they are victims and have no chance of making it due to their color it makes many of them not want to try, which is exactly the point i.m.o. Its the new democrat plantation.

Democrats are the party of slavery, KKK, and Jim Crow. They want you to believe that there was some mythical switch at some point and now the Republicans are the racists. If that had happened there would be dozens of instances of senators switching parties during that time. There isn't.

Democrats want minorities dependant on the government for handouts. That's how they secure their votes. The last thing they want is the black community empowering themselves. Victim mentality is the new slavery. Democrats have been running cities for decades and what have they done to help build up the black communities in that time? They want minorities to blame anyone but the Democrats for their situations. They don't want them to have self accountability either. They are, as they always have been, the party of racism and exploitation of minorities. Not that the Republican party is totally innocent and free of bigots but for the most part they preach hard work, and self accountability. Whereas the democrats preach its those peoples fault. So don't even try until we sort those people out. It's the wrong message and its untrue. I know you will disagree but more and more african Americans are waking up to this. Try listening to them with an open mind. Peace be with you.

Also not all Democrats are that way. However the further left the party moves those Dems are becoming independents and voting republican.

I have to agree with you and I know you are getting hammered on here for your  beliefs.

if you are sitting there waiting on someone to give you a handout to make it in the world, I have some sad news for you. It just doesn’t work like that for most people. 

Sure there are a few lucky ones that are handed the a future by their parents, but that is so rare, it’s almost not worth mentioning.

I was taught from a young age that the game of life is a competition. You have to outwork everyone around you. You have to make sure everything that you do is foolproof and you have to put your *** into it. You work hard, long and until you just can’t do it anymore. Then you get up and do it again the next day!

I promise you, if you work as hard as you can in life, someone important will eventually notice. It may be 5 years down the road or it may be 25 years, but you keep doing it because you believe that it will pay off in the end.

To me, that’s my America. Each and everyday you have the opportunity to prove by your ethics and beliefs, that you are better than the man standing there next to you. If you want to succeed, you do it.

I came from nothing working the Cotten mills from the time I was 15 and putting myself through college. When I started, I had a sawed off broomstick with a nail in it to pick up trash at the various mills around town.

To this day, I still try to outwork everyone. Am I the highest paid in the highest position in my company? Nope, but I promise you I am a long way from carrying that sawed off broom stick picking up trash.

17 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

its getting ridiculous. The Bible talks about the inversion of all things in the end. Thats exactly what is happening. I hate that people are being exploited to vote a certain way against their best interests. I hate that the media has stoked racial tensions and only report racism ONE way. Personally I feel the democratic party has become radicalized and are trying to install communism. Of course the majority of them don't want that or realize what's happening but people from Cuba and Venezuela will tell you this is all very familiar. Politics has no place in sports i.m.o. ESPN is unwatchable now.

To answer your question I'm gonna watch my favorite sport for as long as I can stomach it. I'm going to pray more people see the light like I did a couple years ago. Three years ago I'd be right there with them all raising my fist and chanting marxist mantras. If I can find the truth anyone can.

You and I not only agree on our music, but on how we read the world. Believe me, the silent majority will be heard from.

1 minute ago, Emmitt said:

I have to agree with you and I know you are getting hammered on here for your  beliefs.

if you are sitting there waiting on someone to give you a handout to make it in the world, I have some sad news for you. It just doesn’t work like that for most people. 

Sure there are a few lucky ones that are handed the a future by their parents, but that is so rare, it’s almost not worth mentioning.

I was taught from a young age that the game of life is a competition. You have to outwork everyone around you. You have to make sure everything that you do is foolproof and you have to put your *** into it. You work hard, long and until you just can’t do it anymore. Then you get up and do it again the next day!

I promise you, if you work as hard as you can in life, someone important will eventually notice. It may be 5 years down the road or it may be 25 years, but you keep doing it because you believe that it will pay off in the end.

To me, that’s my America. Each and everyday you have the opportunity to prove by your ethics and beliefs, that you are better than the man standing there next to you. If you want to succeed, you do it.

I came from nothing working the Cotten mills from the time I was 15 and putting myself through college. When I started, I had a sawed off broomstick with a nail in it to pick up trash at the various mills around town.

To this day, I still try to outwork everyone. Am I the highest paid in the highest position in my company? Nope, but I promise you I am a long way from carrying that sawed off broom stick picking up trash.

And that is success. Your in a better position than 99.99% of people on this Earth. America is still the land of opportunity. But its something you earn not are allowed by birth right. Good to see a like-minded person on here. God bless you and I miss the Emmitt posts

3 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

You and I not only agree on our music, but on how we read the world. Believe me, the silent majority will be heard from.

I just hate how the media acts like this is all normal. It is almost exclusively their fault. Chris Cuomo is right about one thing. The media isn't your friend.

And your a metal head too? Hard to find people that love the good stuff. So many songs have turned out to be quite prophetic

1 minute ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

I just hate how the media acts like this is all normal. It is almost exclusively their fault. Chris Cuomo is right about one thing. The media isn't your friend.

And your a metal head too? Hard to find people that love the good stuff. So many songs have turned out to be quite prophetic

I can’t stand watching the news anymore. What happened to people that reported the news? I don’t want the reporters opinion. I can fathom that for myself.

For instance, the police shootings, I know all I need to know from watching the body cams. If someone is getting all worked up and not watched the body cam footage, I got news for you.

I’m definitely still a metalhead. Dave Mustaine is quite prophetic. I never thought I would see the day when an album cover looks very similar to outside my window.

Sigh... So much to unpack.

53 minutes ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Your defense of black people being killed unjustly by cops is to then say that white people are killed more... does that really sit well with you?  I mean I know it does, but does that make sense?  

I think you have the wrong idea about me.  I can’t stand democrats.  Republicans offer absolutely nothing.  Don’t acknowledge the past and how it impacts today.  If things are so equal, would you switch places with a black guy who monetarily is loaded?  Or you could just be you and the only difference is you’re black.  Would you be treated the same?

right now republicans are actively working to disenfranchise voters who look like me by closing voter registration areas within black areas, removing large swaths of people from voter roles and putting in voter id laws that clearly target minorities.  

then let’s factor in the war on drugs... and the war on crime... and the war on terror... 

money wise man... i literally have no debt outside of my house and I am looking to buy a cyber truck straight cash.  I recognize that this system is rigged against poor and minorities and I refuse to accept it.

I don’t think it’s dems right now waving around conferate flags shouting.  

1 hour ago, lostone said:

Sigh... So much to unpack.

Your defense of black people being killed unjustly by cops is to then say that white people are killed more... does that really sit well with you?  I mean I know it does, but does that make sense?  

I think you have the wrong idea about me.  I can’t stand democrats.  Republicans offer absolutely nothing.  Don’t acknowledge the past and how it impacts today.  If things are so equal, would you switch places with a black guy who monetarily is loaded?  Or you could just be you and the only difference is you’re black.  Would you be treated the same?

right now republicans are actively working to disenfranchise voters who look like me by closing voter registration areas within black areas, removing large swaths of people from voter roles and putting in voter id laws that clearly target minorities.  

then let’s factor in the war on drugs... and the war on crime... and the war on terror... 

money wise man... i literally have no debt outside of my house and I am looking to buy a cyber truck straight cash.  I recognize that this system is rigged against poor and minorities and I refuse to accept it.

I don’t think it’s dems right now waving around conferate flags shouting.  

You do know the Dems have ties to the KKK throuout history right? Biden has always been a friend of the KKK (trust me Google it)I’m not sure you can get much more redneck than that.

Most of my family are Libs, but I see nothing but beliefs that keep a person under the man’s thumb

Unfortunately life isn’t fair. No, poor people (any race) do not have access to trust funds etc from their parents  nor the connections to have a cushy job thrown at them for doing nothing (Hunter Biden And I’m sure some Trumps too), but a person who wants to succeed can keep looking for excuses or they can say screw all that and do the best that they can do.

When I mention ‘you’ below, I’m not referencing you personally’, It’s just how I see it in my mind.

I know there are people higher up that hold race against other humans. You can not let that negativity bring you down. That is exactly what the racist are trying to do. You have to be stronger and show the racist that you will not be deterred nor influenced by any of their ignorance or hatred. Dr. King said it best, ‘We will overcome..’

11 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

:lol: :lol: :lol: 

Here you go from Liberal news source. There are other occurrences as well. I’m an independent. I have no horse in this race, but facts are facts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/fact-check-photo-shows-biden-with-byrd-who-once-had-ties-to-kkk-but-wasn-t-a-grand-wizard/ar-BB15tjQQ

Edited by Emmitt
43 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

Here you go from Liberal news source. There are other occurrences as well. I’m an independent. I have no horse in this race, but facts are facts.

https://www.msn.com/en-us/news/other/fact-check-photo-shows-biden-with-byrd-who-once-had-ties-to-kkk-but-wasn-t-a-grand-wizard/ar-BB15tjQQ

Of course we have to explain this to the newestg TATF guy.

Byrd led a chapter of the KKK.  Byrd later denounced the KKK and racism.  Byrd spent the rest of his life apologizing for that and working to promote equality.  

Biden being friends with a person who rejected their racist past, apologized for it, and worked for equality does not make Biden a “friend of the KKK”.

You’re out of your league here and should probably head back to TATF.

2 minutes ago, Leon Troutsky said:

Of course we have to explain this to the newestg TATF guy.

Byrd led a chapter of the KKK.  Byrd later denounced the KKK and racism.  Byrd spent the rest of his life apologizing for that and working to promote equality.  

Biden being friends with a person who rejected their racist past, apologized for it, and worked for equality does not make Biden a “friend of the KKK”.

You’re out of your league here and should probably head back to TATF.

We are never going to agree. If you did your research you would see other ties to the KKK than this one instance. I just mentioned the first one that showed up. 

maybe you should just run along and join RIF.

Just now, Emmitt said:

We are never going to agree. If you did your research you would see other ties to the KKK than this one instance. I just mentioned the first one that showed up. 

maybe you should just run along and join RIF.

There’s no “agree” or “disagree” with facts.  Show me evidence that Biden is a “friend to the KKK” and I’ll listen.  “He was photographed with Robert Byrd” isn’t evidence that Biden is a “friend of the KKK”.

You made the accusation.  Put up or shut up.

1 hour ago, Emmitt said:

You do know the Dems have ties to the KKK throuout history right? Biden has always been a friend of the KKK (trust me Google it)I’m not sure you can get much more redneck than that.

Most of my family are Libs, but I see nothing but beliefs that keep a person under the man’s thumb

Unfortunately life isn’t fair. No, poor people (any race) do not have access to trust funds etc from their parents  nor the connections to have a cushy job thrown at them for doing nothing (Hunter Biden And I’m sure some Trumps too), but a person who wants to succeed can keep looking for excuses or they can say screw all that and do the best that they can do.

When I mention ‘you’ below, I’m not referencing you personally’, It’s just how I see it in my mind.

I know there are people higher up that hold race against other humans. You can not let that negativity bring you down. That is exactly what the racist are trying to do. You have to be stronger and show the racist that you will not be deterred nor influenced by any of their ignorance or hatred. Dr. King said it best, ‘We will overcome..’

I swear you guys act like you are giving me some new information that I haven’t already researched or heard before.  I can point to trumps current actions and Bidens past actions.  I am well aware of what dems have done now and in the past.  I am well versed in who is responsible for the things that piss me off the post.  

the party currently defending white nationalists and southern strategy confederates are not democrats.  The party propping up QANON is not dems.  Are dems mealy mouth ... you bet they are.  I can’t stand centrist dems.  But you won’t catch me ever voting for a republican again, not until they purge this white nationalists crap from their party.

Also I have more things that concern me than just this race thing.  Student load debt is destroying my generation.  I have paid mine off (56k) and I want others to have it wiped clean.  These lenders are monsters.  Supporting the harpy Betsy Devos is pathetic.  She is making it harder to be forgiven on loans.  It’s a monstrosity.  Then you have republicans denying science and fighting against school funding.  The GOP wants us to goto the India style where some kids only goto school if the village pulls their money together and gets the one smart kid to go.  School choice won’t make sense to me unless it works for everyone and I care about rural America just as much as I do urban.  

we have people who rail against handouts and they receive Medicare/Medicaid or government assistance.  And don’t get me started on the prosperity gospel and fake Christians in evangelical churches

1 hour ago, Leon Troutsky said:

It’s something to see these random TATF people wonder down here and spout talking points like we haven’t heard that BS before and debunked it a hundred times already.  

It’s the TATF version of “mansplaining”.  

I apologize for pushing a different button than I have in the past. I will take 30 lashes oh golden one.

You do what right for you and I’ll do what’s right for me. I voted for Obama/Biden for the first term. The only thing I got out of it was higher taxes and stale investments. I will admit 100% that economy is my number one concern. Under Trump, my taxes are lower and my investments have performed astronomically. I use experience as my guide.  

23 minutes ago, Emmitt said:

I apologize for pushing a different button than I have in the past. I will take 30 lashes oh golden one.

You do what right for you and I’ll do what’s right for me. I voted for Obama/Biden for the first term. The only thing I got out of it was higher taxes and stale investments. I will admit 100% that economy is my number one concern. Under Trump, my taxes are lower and my investments have performed astronomically. I use experience as my guide.  

Taxes did not go up under Obama..

And your " investments" went up at a much faster rate under Obama than they have under Trump.

1 hour ago, lostone said:

I swear you guys act like you are giving me some new information that I haven’t already researched or heard before.  I can point to trumps current actions and Bidens past actions.  I am well aware of what dems have done now and in the past.  I am well versed in who is responsible for the things that piss me off the post.  

the party currently defending white nationalists and southern strategy confederates are not democrats.  The party propping up QANON is not dems.  Are dems mealy mouth ... you bet they are.  I can’t stand centrist dems.  But you won’t catch me ever voting for a republican again, not until they purge this white nationalists crap from their party.

Also I have more things that concern me than just this race thing.  Student load debt is destroying my generation.  I have paid mine off (56k) and I want others to have it wiped clean.  These lenders are monsters.  Supporting the harpy Betsy Devos is pathetic.  She is making it harder to be forgiven on loans.  It’s a monstrosity.  Then you have republicans denying science and fighting against school funding.  The GOP wants us to goto the India style where some kids only goto school if the village pulls their money together and gets the one smart kid to go.  School choice won’t make sense to me unless it works for everyone and I care about rural America just as much as I do urban.  

we have people who rail against handouts and they receive Medicare/Medicaid or government assistance.  And don’t get me started on the prosperity gospel and fake Christians in evangelical churches

I agree with you on tuition,  there is no reason that higher education should cost what it does. Trust me, I’ve put three kids through college. I do believe that any kid should be able to go without putting themselves into so much debt that they can’t see straight. 

You and I also both agree that both sides certainly have their faults. I’ve long had the opinion that politicians are politicians because they have limited functionality in the real world.