Atlanta Falcons Named As a Potential Landing Spot for Josh Rosen

6 hours ago, octoslash said:

Like that game last year when he threw for 75% completion and dam near 500 yds?  

Yeah he really screwed us with that.  😆

He has the highest passing yardage game in falcons history due to that Seattle game. Put that in a trivia some time down the line and I’m sure a lot of people wouldn’t guess that. 

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah with him being another first round pick this would seem to be a no brainer for TD lol

I would love this move 

Josh Rosen is a really good QB who's been dealt a really bad hand. I would love this move. He'd be a very low cost option to take over for Matt down the line. I think he's better than Jimmy G and coul

Posted Images

49 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Fair enough.  I guess we will just disagree on the value of having Schaub, although I will say that regardless of who the backup is, if Matt goes down season's over, so it doesn't really matter lol.

100% agreed.  The value of a back-up would only be if Matt misses a game or two, could we sneak out a win with whoever is behind him.  Rosen is young has still has the potential to become a starter (although I understand people have significant doubts about that), but Schaub is at the end of the line.

8 hours ago, Fernando C. said:

if he is cheap get him.. i would really like him.. he has the arm... just need IQ.. he can get it with ryan...

He was actually touted as a very smart QB coming out. Some questioned his focus on football though.

here is a good read I found discussing Rosens surroundings and situation contributing to him sucking so far.

https://www.sportscasting.com/josh-rosen-is-the-worst-qb-from-the-2018-nfl-drafts-1st-round-heres-why/

6 hours ago, RHEC said:

I mean we did had a punter that can tackle. So maybe?

This year’s punter may have a speech impediment but so does Trae Young and that hasn’t stopped him or even many on-radio NPR correspondents for that matter. Hope he’s ready to put shoulders in laps upon coverage and not just boom hang times.

Edited by Speezy

The guy was too much trouble for the Fins to keep him as 3rd QB... and they have Fitz the journeyman and Tua who is still recovering. If any team could make a case for carrying 3 QBs this season, it‘s the Fins.

Why would we want a guy who could not help a rebuilding Fins team? They don‘t even save much money, he was due to make just 750k.

I know this team has a thing for former first rounders but he really is just a waste of a roster slot. 

20 minutes ago, Herr Beast said:

The guy was too much trouble for the Fins to keep him as 3rd QB... and they have Fitz the journeyman and Tua who is still recovering. If any team could make a case for carrying 3 QBs this season, it‘s the Fins.

Why would we want a guy who could not help a rebuilding Fins team? They don‘t even save much money, he was due to make just 750k.

I know this team has a thing for former first rounders but he really is just a waste of a roster slot. 

I'm going to disagree with you.  The biggest reason the Phins dumped him because they don't want to keep 3 QBs.  Fitz could be the starter and likely their best option to win them games this season.  Tua is their investment in the future (and perhaps even faster than that).  Rosen makes more sense to me than Schaub for a few reasons.  Schaub hasn't won an NFL game since 2014, he's old, and at the end of his career.  Nobody really knows what Rosen can be yet... he's been in two BAD situations with below average talent (particularly on the offensive lines).  He has WAY more upside than Schaub.  Granted, if Matt goes down for an extended amount of games, we are in trouble regardless.  But I have more faith in Rosen sneaking out a win or two than I do Schaub at this point.  And if Rosen actually did come in and play well, we either can keep him and develop him, or use our back-up QB spot as trade bait (like the Patriots always do) to get some value.  See:  Ryan Mallett.

Edited by FloweryStump

Well if Matt Ryan is almost always healthy, Schaub can’t win many games, can he? And the one time Ryan was injured, Schaub threw for 500 yards and was easily our best player that day. That performance should have been easily been a win.

Rosen has won 3 out of 20 starts and two teams were more than willing to give up in him after just one season. And to be honest, we really don‘t have a QB whisperer on the coaching staff to fix Rosen. We wouldn‘t get anything out him with Koetter, let someone else (with more talent developing QBs) try to salvage his career. I know we might have a new OC, HC and GM next year but it is what it is this year.

But I agree that if Ryan goes down for an extended period of time, the season is most likely over anyway. 

2 hours ago, Herr Beast said:

Well if Matt Ryan is almost always healthy, Schaub can’t win many games, can he? And the one time Ryan was injured, Schaub threw for 500 yards and was easily our best player that day. That performance should have been easily been a win.

Everyone keeps talking about Shaub's "great" game where he threw for 460 against Seattle.  If you watched that game (instead of just looking at the stat line) you would realize that he was a major reason why we were down 24-0 at halftime with an INT and a lost fumble in the first half.  Because they were up so big against us, Seattle played ridiculously soft coverage the 2nd half, when Schaub threw for all his yards.  Providing stats without understanding their context is meaningless.  Schaub lost us that game.

And Rosen's record is likely a reflection of the teams he was on as much as his abilities. (See Peyton Manning's rookie season).  I'm not saying Rosen is going to be great... but no one knows what he can be yet.  I'd love to see what he could do with a talented supporting cast like we have.  And we know Schaub probably won the final NFL game of his career 6 years ago.

Edited by FloweryStump