Atlanta Falcons Named As a Potential Landing Spot for Josh Rosen

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/2907568-potential-landing-spots-for-former-top-10-pick-josh-rosen

As things stand today, the backup quarterback in Atlanta is 39-year-old Matt Schaub. There was a time when Schaub was a capable NFL starter—he made the Pro Bowl twice while at the helm of the Houston Texans.

But that was nearly a decade ago—since then, Schaub's biggest claim to fame has been setting an NFL record for consecutive games with a pick-six. Since that disastrous 2013 campaign, Schaub has started all of three games.

Rosen isn't a guaranteed upgrade over Schaub. But he isn't going to be any worse. He's also 16 years younger. In Atlanta, Rosen would have the opportunity to sit and learn behind both a veteran quarterback in Ryan and an experienced offensive coordinator in Dirk Koetter.

His odds of seeing the field might not be great. But his odds of success if he did would be exponentially better than in Miami or Arizona given the talent on Atlanta's offense.

I don't know a lot about Josh Rosen but this could be a good move. He's played behind on some really crappy O-lines.  Atlanta could be a good situation for this former Top 10 pick to sit and learn for a season or two.     

• Replies 73
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Yeah with him being another first round pick this would seem to be a no brainer for TD lol

I would love this move 

Josh Rosen is a really good QB who's been dealt a really bad hand. I would love this move. He'd be a very low cost option to take over for Matt down the line. I think he's better than Jimmy G and coul

Posted Images

Josh Rosen is a really good QB who's been dealt a really bad hand. I would love this move. He'd be a very low cost option to take over for Matt down the line. I think he's better than Jimmy G and could give this team a plan for the future without having to plan for drafting Matt's replacement. 

I would LOVE this move.  If Schaub is going into the the game, we are going to have problems.  No one really knows what Rosen's ceiling is yet.  He was a first round talent who has been put into bad situation after bad situation and not been given time to develop with a competent surrounding cast.  At worst case scenario, we have a young, promising back-up who has some experience.  Best case is we have a successor.  But likely it falls somewhere in the middle.

I seem to vaguely remember my impression of Rosen awhile back as being kind of a cocky punk but I don’t remember exactly why and I may very well be totally wrong. Never saw him play much at UCLA and he has played with some really bad teams in the NFL so far. Sitting behind Matt might be good for all parties concerned. 

42 minutes ago, The Great American said:

Rosen isn't a guaranteed upgrade over Schaub. But he isn't going to be any worse.

Yeahhhhhhhhhhhhh baby!  Bring him home Thomas.

Interpretation:  I have absolutely nothing to write about because I sit in my office all day waiting for real NFL news to come to me.  Oh **** no I ain't flying/driving anywhere to get some real news.  I get paid to write worthless crap like this and it takes all of 15 minutes.  That is all I work each day.  So, read it and respond.  I get paid for responses as well.  Tell everyone how great/awful I am.  I get paid for everything that happens.  I have bills to pay you know. 

And remember what I said.  Rosen isn't better or worse than Schaub, but he is a FA.  You Falcons could sign him.  You heard it here first.  Let me hear you comments.  Ca ching, ca ching, ca ching.

7 minutes ago, marvinthemartian said:

I seem to vaguely remember my impression of Rosen awhile back as being kind of a cocky punk but I don’t remember exactly why and I may very well be totally wrong. Never saw him play much at UCLA and he has played with some really bad teams in the NFL so far. Sitting behind Matt might be good for all parties concerned. 

When he first came out, he did seem like a *********, but why not take a flyer on the guy? We need to start developing somebody.

I’d go for it unless it’s anything higher than a 5th. Maybe a 4th at most, but that’s a stretch at this point for me. Rosen has played for the two worst rosters in 2018 and 2019 respectively. I don’t think he has a high ceiling and never thought he did, but I also don’t think he’s as bad as what he’s shown thus far. At the very worst, we could get a young QB that could have decent potential. 

33 minutes ago, vel said:

Josh Rosen is a really good QB who's been dealt a really bad hand. I would love this move. He'd be a very low cost option to take over for Matt down the line. I think he's better than Jimmy G and could give this team a plan for the future without having to plan for drafting Matt's replacement. 

Yup...he just needs a reset in a stable environment.  A bit like Steve Young’s early years

I remember him being neck and neck with Sam Darnold in the draft a few years ago. Couldn't really tell who was better but I do remember Rosen coming off as a dbag. Coming here to a stable organization could ressurect his career. Ironically his comparison coming out of UCLA was none other than Matt Ryan.