Hurst: “I am going to prove why I was a 1st Round Pick”

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Love the attitude and hopefully he goes off for us this year  

In all fairness to me, I did predict Toilolo wouldn’t eclipse 1200 yards receiving his rookie season and I nailed that one

Why should it take till midseason for him to produce?   Do they not give playbooks to the new guys until October or something?  

I have high hopes for him, but man he’s still got a boatload to learn. It might not start off rainbows and butterflies.  I do think things will start clicking for him by mid season though. I’m not saying he won’t make plays early on, he will, but it might look a little choppy at first.

9 minutes ago, gazoo said:

I have high hopes for him, but man he’s still got a boatload to learn. It might not start off rainbows and butterflies.  I do think things will start clicking for him by mid season though. I’m not saying he won’t make plays early on, he will, but it might look a little choppy at first.

Agreed...by no means do I think he comes in and is better than Hooper.  Hopefully in a year or two he reaches that level.  If we can get 600 yards and 7-8 TD’s from him it will be HUGE

46 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Agreed...by no means do I think he comes in and is better than Hooper.  Hopefully in a year or two he reaches that level.  If we can get 600 yards and 7-8 TD’s from him it will be HUGE

Honestly....600 would be a disappointment imo.

In this offense he should be in the 7-800 with 8 TD's range.

1 hour ago, falconsd56 said:

Honestly....600 would be a disappointment imo.

In this offense he should be in the 7-800 with 8 TD's range.

He certainly has the talent to go so; however, I think if he is in the 800-1,000 range it likely means our offense as a whole is not performing well.  For me, the key is getting the RB’s heavily involved in the pass game circa 2016.  

A breakdown like this would be ideal:

• Gurley: 1,000 yards rushing, 500 yards receiving

• Hill/Ito/Ollison: 800 yards rushing, 350 yards receiving

• Julio: 90 catches, 1,500 yards

• Ridley: 70 catches, 1,000 yards

• Hurst: 50 catches, 600 yards 

• Gage: 62 catches, 680 yards 

1 hour ago, Draftnut57 said:

You guys saying ,  " it'll take to mid season"  or  " by the end of the year "  Can you not see  this guy already knows what's going on,, like Now ,,,:shrug:    This Guy is going to be like a race horse straight out of the gate !!!!!

For real, he was in a west coast prior to Baltimore.  I think it's more so the love for hooper and what he did for the team. Granted he didnt do it year one. Hurst has different attributes. 

19 minutes ago, octoslash said:

Why should it take till midseason for him to produce?  

Do they not give playbooks to the new guys until October or something?  

Just as John Commisky said, you think too much. It may only be a 1 second delay, or a delayed reaction but its the difference between being open or not or the difference from a good block to missing a block. Otherwise known as being human. 

53 minutes ago, runshoot said:

Just as John Commisky said, you think too much. It may only be a 1 second delay, or a delayed reaction but its the difference between being open or not or the difference from a good block to missing a block. Otherwise known as being human. 

It's a difference coming in as a d 2 or 3 linemen compared to playing TE.  I don't think it will be as difficult.  Not to mention hurst has more experience than John at his position.  Comminsky orginally was a quarterback. 

1 hour ago, runshoot said:

It's a great thing to think while your running ,, The main thing is to be running as hard as you can while making the decisions ..  of which way to go... Follow the open ground..  How hard is that ??

11 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I think your numbers are sound for my expectations. 

The way I see this playing out is Ryan will hit him for some big plays, plays we haven’t seen out of the TE position here in several years (with exception of some trick plays that allowed our TE to be standing down field by themselves waiting for a pass to drop in their hands)

I see him flat out beating man coverage or hitting the seam for a big play here and there at first. It’s the total number of shorter receptions and first down catches that might come harder at first, until he aces the offense, can stop thinking and just let that natural athleticism to take over.

The TE position is one of the hardest in the NFL to learn the offenses entire running game to run block, needs to learn pass protections when staying tight to the line, as well as know how to read defenses to make adjustments based on what is in front of him, get his timing down with QB  and learn all the plays in the passing game. It’s just a ton to learn. 

I’m hoping to see our TE group help spring this non existent running game.I honestly don’t care if Hurst doesn’t or does get the yards mentioned in this thread.

I do care about seeing Gurley and co go off and we stick the knife in with a running attack that frees up our strike weapons in Ridley and Jones.

If we are just going to be one dimensional pass attack with weapons we aren’t going to get this done.

If Hurst helps out with that supporting role and inline blocking I’m good with that.

16 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He certainly has the talent to go so; however, I think if he is in the 800-1,000 range it likely means our offense as a whole is not performing well.  For me, the key is getting the RB’s heavily involved in the pass game circa 2016.  

A breakdown like this would be ideal:

• Gurley: 1,000 yards rushing, 500 yards receiving

• Hill/Ito/Ollison: 800 yards rushing, 350 yards receiving

• Julio: 90 catches, 1,500 yards

• Ridley: 70 catches, 1,000 yards

• Hurst: 50 catches, 600 yards 

• Gage: 62 catches, 680 yards 

Hurst is going to outproduce Gage.  I'm with @falconsd56, in a Dirk Koetter offense 600 yards from TE1 is a disappointment.  

Just now, athell said:

Hurst is going to outproduce Gage.  I'm with @falconsd56, in a Dirk Koetter offense 600 yards from TE1 is a disappointment.  

Yup...not to mention Ryan has always loved to throw to his TE's

It has been mentioned before but the falcons are pretty much a dream scenario for a guy like Hurst.

Playmakers around him to take pressure off of him, A team that is going to pass the ball, An accurate QB who loves TE's and a scheme that fits his skill set.

Not to mention there is a history with backs AND TE's both eating with DK.