Fournette signs with TB

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

Yea, same thing (ironically) in the 2001 SB against the Greatest Show on Turf Rams team as well. That was a historically great offense and the Pats held them to just 17 points and forced 3 turnovers. Brady threw for less than 150 yards in that game...but gets all the credit for the win. 

It's actually very similar to the 2002 Falcons season. Vick gets all the credit for the upset in Green Bay. Our defense won us that game. Period. 

It’s the position and stats the NFL is bound by stats.

Its why every off season in TATFs we have the TDs to blame mentality as if he’s thee only guy at fault running this organisation.

Caps another one.

Its endless around numbers and blame.

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously, people here hasn't watched Fournette play.. Guy works hard and gets the job done.. Imo hes a much better rb than Gurley.. Good grab for Tampa.. They are definitely making moves 

For some reason, the Tampa old man trio doesn’t bother me one bit.

Posted Images

It's a shame he can't block for himself too. :lol:

On 9/3/2020 at 6:24 AM, Faithful Falcon said:

If you remember the last time Tampa won the Super Bowl, Brad Johnson was the QB. He wasn't at the top of his game either.

Johnson posted career highs in TD-INT ratio and QB rating that season.

On 9/3/2020 at 6:44 AM, Xfactor said:

I think he is a grinder not flashy but is still only 25 years old. I do agree he is the type of back that needs a good Oline.

Thankfully the Buccaneers are returning 4 out of 5 starters last year from their abysmal run blocking performance.

On 9/3/2020 at 8:55 AM, octoslash said:

Did they really need another back?  I would be investing in protecting Brady if it was my call.  

Football is still all about the trenches, and their o-line is nothing special. 

Bingo!

19 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

One can argue that since 2014 it’s been Brady overcoming Belichick’s ego/mistakes.  Brady is the GOAT regardless of position and he will show again what he can do with actual receiving threats.  BB has done very little to make Brady’s job easier over the last few years.

Yeah, Belichick should be ashamed of himself for giving Brady 6 top-10 scoring defenses to play with the last 6 years and only having a top-5 scoring defense in 3 of the last 4 seasons!

I can only imagine the horror of having to continuously carry the team while your defense is giving up a whole 14.1 ppg and 15.6 ppg! Oh the humanity!

;)

7 hours ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Manning had HOF coaching and nearly just as good defense. 

Agree with the first half, not the second half.

Between 1998 and 2010, the Colts' defense was ranked top-10 in points for 5 seasons out of 13 with 2 seasons where they were in the top-5 with the #1 or #2 defense in the league (2007 and 2005 respectively). Of the remaining 8 seasons, 5 of which were with a defense ranked 20th or lower in points, 4 of those 5 were bottom-10 scoring defenses.

Just between 2001 and 2010, the Patriots had 8 scoring defenses in the top-10 (out of 10 seasons) with 5 seasons in the top-5 and no defenses ranked lower than 17th in points in his career.

3 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

There is nobody who has ever been more set up for success than Brady. Nobody 

tenor.gif?itemid=12225336

2 hours ago, gazoo said:

His strength and arm were already wearing down as the season progressed last year. With a pocket to step forward in he could still deliver the ball, he threw one ball mid season about 50 yards but was able to step all the way into that throw with no one in front of him.

I was dying laughing at that when it happened. It took him literally running up 5 steps with Tennessee not rushing anyone, LOOOOOL.

On 9/3/2020 at 7:18 PM, Spts1 said:

Buccaneers are loaded.  Gonna be a tough division this season...

They really are. Fournette had over 500 yards receiving and don't forget they signed Lesean McCoy who can still play. I can see Brady dumping off left and right all day with the receiving weapons they have and that's his game. They're gonna be a handful!

On 9/3/2020 at 12:35 PM, TheFatboi said:

You know how you stop him? Before he gets a head of steam. Like Bettis and any back that builds speed. And our defense is much faster than Pitt’s. He doesn’t scare me at all. This is where Grady and Davidson come into play. Grady is a penetrating DT. Tops in the league in stops behind the LOS. All they’ve done and I’m still not scared of TB. They’re much better indeed. But all that stocking up for Brady doesn’t worry me. Last time I saw this kind of stockpiling was the dream team in philly. Terrible team. Now Brady’s mindset is different but they don’t frighten me. Just makes it exciting to wanna see. 

Yeah, I want the Bucs worse than the Saints after all the Brady hype. But it's going to be Christmas before we even play them (12/20 at home). Hopefully play-offs will be on the line when we beat them like rented mules.

4 hours ago, PokerSteve said:

Yeah, I want the Bucs worse than the Saints after all the Brady hype. But it's going to be Christmas before we even play them (12/20 at home). Hopefully play-offs will be on the line when we beat them like rented mules.

Let's handle the first half of the season well this year for once and then the Saints...and we'll see if the Bucs are even in the conversation after that.

On 9/4/2020 at 6:35 PM, Iron Saint said:

I was dying laughing at that when it happened. It took him literally running up 5 steps with Tennessee not rushing anyone, LOOOOOL.

Many here conflate that with his ability to take a step back or a step laterally and throw the ball 25 yards down/across field without floating it time and again. QBs aren’t usually in a position to be able to step into their throws and use their entire bodies to get velocity. Belichick made sure that was the case, but that luxury has ended. Welcome to the NFC South. This ain’t no AFC East.

On 9/4/2020 at 6:35 PM, Iron Saint said:

Bingo!

Yeah, Belichick should be ashamed of himself for giving Brady 6 top-10 scoring defenses to play with the last 6 years and only having a top-5 scoring defense in 3 of the last 4 seasons!

2018: 19th in defensive DVOA/ 5th Offense

2017: 31st in defensive DVOA/ 1st Offense

2016: 16th in defensive DVOA/ 2nd Offense

2015: 11th Defense/ 5th Offense

2014: 13th Defense/ 6th Offense

2013: 20th/ 4th Offense

2012: 17th Defense/ 1st Offense

2011: 30th Defensive DVOA/ 2nd Offensive DVOA

The notion that BB supports Brady with a great defense every year is simply a inaccurate narrative and has been since 2007.  The offense carried that team for the last decade

Sure they had a great defense last year but who did he support Brady with offensively?  One of the worst offensive rosters I can recall

On 9/4/2020 at 2:09 PM, JD dirtybird21 said:

There is nobody who has ever been more set up for success than Brady. Nobody 

I am calling BS.  Read the post above.  

And Russell Wilson has been set up for success more than Brady.  

2012: #1 Defense, #3 Rushing Attack

2013: #1 Defense, #4 Rushing Yards

2014: #1 Defense, #3 Rushing Yards

2015: #1 Defense, #1 Rushing Yards

2016: #3 Defense, #21 Rushing Yards

2018: #6 Defense, #1 Rushing Yards

2019: #22 Defense, #4 Rushing Yards

3 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Lol

8 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

How nice would it be if MR2 had that kind of defense half the time during his 12 yr career. 

2 hours ago, JD dirtybird21 said:

He did...it’s one of the reasons he has 6 rings 

He said it would be nice if Ryan had that support...

To your point, Brady has never had that consistent level of support.  Look at the Seahawks defense and rushing #’s compared to the Pats

Patriots (excluding 2008)

1. 2001: #23 Total D, #28 Rushing O
  2. #9Total D, #27 Rushing O
  3. #7 Total D, #8 Rushing O
  4. #26 Total D #28 Rushing O
  5. # 6 Total D, #12 Rushing O
  6. #4 Total D #12 Rushing O
  7. #25 Total D, #9 Rushing O
  8. #31 Total D, #20 Rushing O
  9. #25 Total D, #7 Rushing O
  10. #26 Total D, #10 Rushing O
  11. #13 Total D, #9 Rushing O
  12. #9 Total D, #30 Rushing O
  13. #8Total D, #7 Rushing O
  14. #29 Total D, #10 Rushing O
  15. #21 Total D, #5 Rushing O
  16. 2019: #1 Total D, #24 Rushing O
On 9/3/2020 at 4:43 PM, Osiruz said:

Fournette is a plodding RB without any decent lateral agility, I am not worried about his 3 TDS and 4.0 YPC. 

This is just nonsense. LF Didn't get drafted where he was because he was just a big guy, he has absolutely incredible agility.  His problems in the pros have been injuries, pass pro, and attitude (though he may get a JAX mulligan on the last and has improved on the pass pro)

On 9/5/2020 at 7:45 AM, vafalconfan said:

They really are. Fournette had over 500 yards receiving and don't forget they signed Lesean McCoy who can still play. I can see Brady dumping off left and right all day with the receiving weapons they have and that's his game. They're gonna be a handful!

That’s not an Arians offense. It’s gonna be interesting to see who gives up what to who when it comes to offensive scheme 

On 9/5/2020 at 4:12 PM, Ergo Proxy said:

Let's handle the first half of the season well this year for once and then the Saints...and we'll see if the Bucs are even in the conversation after that.

Agreed. This team needs to take a one game at a time mentality. The schedule is tough, especially early. Only need to worry about the Sea Chickens right now.