Fournette signs with TB

• Replies 128
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Obviously, people here hasn't watched Fournette play.. Guy works hard and gets the job done.. Imo hes a much better rb than Gurley.. Good grab for Tampa.. They are definitely making moves 

For some reason, the Tampa old man trio doesn’t bother me one bit.

Posted Images

7 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He just had 1,200 yards rushing and 76 receptions while running at a stacked box 40% of the time.  

Yep

All I know is that Brady will have no excuses if the Bucs fail. The man now has everything a QB would want if their o-line holds up.

We will truly see if Brady is done or not this season.

9 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He just had 1,200 yards rushing and 76 receptions while running at a stacked box 40% of the time.  

Obviously, people here hasn't watched Fournette play.. Guy works hard and gets the job done.. Imo hes a much better rb than Gurley.. Good grab for Tampa.. They are definitely making moves 

4 minutes ago, Slumerican said:

If afraid its going to bother me when they are playing in the superbowl this year.. But not gonna lie, ill watch it.. Tampa is stacked

Not sure if Fournette makes them a better team. I would say Brady at this age is an upgrade in QB play but not sure about his abilities at this point. 

I am curious nonetheless! 

53 minutes ago, DonOfThemBirds said:

Yep

All I know is that Brady will have no excuses if the Bucs fail. The man now has everything a QB would want if their o-line holds up.

We will truly see if Brady is done or not this season.

Smart money says he is still a top 10 QB this year.  No QB on the planet could have done much with his WR unit last year.  Quite possibly the worst the NFL has seen in a while...no run game.  They still averaged 26 ppg

20 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

Smart money says he is still a top 10 QB this year.  No QB on the planet could have done much with his WR unit last year.  Quite possibly the worst the NFL has seen in a while...no run game.  They still averaged 26 ppg

Yea, but this isn't last year. Brady is 43. I mean, it's certainly possible he will not fall of at all, it's also totally possible his game falls of a cliff. 

59 minutes ago, Falcanuck said:

I watched almost every snap he played. He was not good.

I mean, this is awful blocking and pathetic play calling...dude gets run up the gut vs stacked box repeatedly.  Creative run scheme and he is an all pro level back

The 1:18 mark is nice

9 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

I mean, this is awful blocking and pathetic play calling...dude gets run up the gut vs stacked box repeatedly.  Creative run scheme and he is an all pro level back

The 1:18 mark is nice

Wake me up when the Bucs prove to be that team?

Their OL just isn’t good.

The game today is more RBBC and ability to be fit in spread offense more than smash mouth, but it can fit situationally. Most of the time, the way the Bucs are built won’t be to trot out heavy run packages. It’s Bruce Arians.

So, projecting his performance in spread out 11 personnel etc is where his value goes down. McCoy is probably a better value in that sense.

3 minutes ago, Falconcheff said:

Fournette's pass blocking will be a bonus to our Dline when we play them...

I just don’t see him as explosive as a receiving threat, regardless of pass blocking. I suppose at this point in McCoy’s career, he isn’t much better of an option. Jones is probably still their best option.

18 minutes ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Wake me up when the Bucs prove to be that team?

Their OL just isn’t good.

The game today is more RBBC and ability to be fit in spread offense more than smash mouth, but it can fit situationally. Most of the time, the way the Bucs are built won’t be to trot out heavy run packages. It’s Bruce Arians.

So, projecting his performance in spread out 11 personnel etc is where his value goes down. McCoy is probably a better value in that sense.

LF is big, but he isn’t just a between the tackles guy. He ran a 4.51 40 and was clocked at 22 mph in game vs Pitt

“Against the Pittsburgh Steelers in Week 5, Fournette, the Jacksonville Jaguars’ first-round pick, showed why game speed is more important than combine speed.

With the Steelers stacking the right side of the line of scrimmage, Fournette found a hole on the left side and broke through to the open field. From there, it was a foot race against Steelers safety Sean Davis (4.46 in the 40-yard dash), who was closing fast from the right side. But Fournette found an extra gear, reaching a top speed of 22.05 m.p.h. to pull away and score a 90-yard touchdown.

Ok, so Brian Hill 40 speed. :ninja: :tiphat:

Turner could run for a big guy too, but was also not much of a receiving threat.

He became miscast once we got Dirk but tbf he hit a wall as well that same season. I don’t think LF is on the same level as a runner as Turner was.

EDIT: @FalconsIn2012 seriously any RB with wheels is gonna carry that to the EZ. It’s a 2 score game with 2 minutes left and the Steelers sold out to try to stop the run on 3rd and 2. Their defenders aren’t even trying to catch-up b/c they misplayed it so bad plus the game was over b4 this play.

Edited by Ergo Proxy