September 2020 Recruiting Thread

• Replies 95
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You guys probably already know this, but if not here is some encouraging info regarding Foreman   “He says he has the best relationship with that Georgia coaching staff," Biggins added. "One

I'm not gonna lie....i saw how dead the board was and figured I'd have to do something lol naw but I was tinkering with a gif and then it didn't do right then it wouldn't let me delete the post. I fee

Wr meeks is a dawg!!

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 10,568 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Few recruiting updates...

1. Very possible 3* WR Jackson Meeks makes his decision soon. If he does, I like the good guys here. Would likely be done at WR.
  2. 3* DL Marlin Dean, sounds like good news for the Dawgs, again.
  3. 4* CB Nyland Green is expected on campus soon with his mother and extended family. His decision will likely follow shortly after. Dawgs feel good here.
  4. 4* DL Tyrion Ingram Dawkins is expected on campus soon. Dawgs feel good here.
  5. Im saying it first, 5* DL Maason Smith is said to be a toss up right now. The group chat is growing in confidence on this one.
  6. 5* DL Korey Foreman. Dawgs have to lose this battle. I don’t expect that we will.
  7. 4* CB Kamari Lassiter, sounds like AU will win this battle.
  8. 5* OL Amarius Mims. This one is way closer than we thought it would be. Kudos to the creamsicle staff but hearing we will hold them off.
  9. 4* RB Amari Daniels is still a target. At this time not expecting to add another RB to the class.
  10. 5* LB Smael Mondon. No update here and I’m not sure that’s good news. Let’s see if he makes it out of Sept. uncommitted. I haven’t heard any new names for LB at this time.

Edited by RandomFan
6 minutes ago, RandomFan said:

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 10,568 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Few recruiting updates...

1. Very possible 3* WR Jackson Meeks makes his decision soon. If he does, I like the good guys here. Would likely be done at WR.
  2. 3* DL Marlin Dean, sounds like good news for the Dawgs, again.
  3. 4* CB Nyland Green is expected on campus soon with his mother and extended family. His decision will likely follow shortly after. Dawgs feel good here.
  4. 4* DL Tyrion Ingram Dawkins is expected on campus soon. Dawgs feel good here.
  5. Im saying it first, 5* DL Maason Smith is said to be a toss up right now. The group chat is growing in confidence on this one.
  6. 5* DL Korey Foreman. Dawgs have to lose this battle. I don’t expect that we will.
  7. 4* CB Kamari Lassiter, sounds like AU will win this battle.
  8. 5* OL Amarius Mims. This one is way closer than we thought it would be. Kudos to the creamsicle staff but hearing we will hold them off.
  9. 4* RB Amari Daniels is still a target. At this time not expecting to add another RB to the class.
  10. 5* LB Smael Mondon. No update here and I’m not sure that’s good news. Let’s see if he makes it out of Sept. uncommitted. I haven’t heard any new names for LB at this time.

I'll be fine with Meeks or either standing pat at WR.  We need to add Green and Arnold at a minimum at db.   If we could add TID and Foreman that would be phenomenal.   Add Maason Smith and that would be incredible.   Mims and Mondon are must haves.   Cannot let either of these 5 star in-state studs go to our rivals.   Inexcusable imo. Hopefully we can add Sorey also.  I'm good with standing pat with 1 rb for 2021.  

6 hours ago, g-dawg said:

SoFL Dawg update:

”Is it a good thing if Foreman and Smith FaceTime Lanning and Scott While on their recruiting visit to LSU? Also did a Group chat with Vandagriff & Co.

rhetorical question”

(below it has the girl eating apple in hammock gif)

yep a few guys who are pretty connected and even lsu guy shea dixon hinted at that also happening (he removed the post and any replies after guys got upset over it).. sounds like we are doing a heck of a job with foreman and smith.. could we pull the upset and get smith? 

6 minutes ago, SacFalcFan said:

yep a few guys who are pretty connected and even lsu guy shea dixon hinted at that also happening (he removed the post and any replies after guys got upset over it).. sounds like we are doing a heck of a job with foreman and smith.. could we pull the upset and get smith? 

If Dawgs pull Foreman and Smith,  I will be very satisfied w/ this class regardless of what else happens - obviously need Mims/Green and would love to have TID, Sorey, Edwards and Mondon but pulling Foreman and Smith would likely mean three years of Dawgs having best DLine in D1 Power 5 football.

1 hour ago, SacFalcFan said:

The melt and accusations from LSU fans would be glorious 

17 hours ago, g-dawg said:

If Dawgs pull Foreman and Smith,  I will be very satisfied w/ this class regardless of what else happens - obviously need Mims/Green and would love to have TID, Sorey, Edwards and Mondon but pulling Foreman and Smith would likely mean three years of Dawgs having best DLine in D1 Power 5 football.

I know a CB of Foreman to UGA went in two weeks ago

Per Dixon:

As for the recruiting done by the commits, they got plenty of bonding time in with the uncommitted targets there. I know two that you guys will ask about plenty is Korey Foreman and Maason Smith. The vibe I got from talking to some folks was that Maason is still trending to LSU and it's going to be tough for another team to snag him. But with Foreman, it's going to continue to be a battle. He very much liked the LSU trip, sure, but he also had nice reviews from his UGA trip recently and more than one person has told me to watch out for the Bulldogs. USC can always pull this off and keep him home for college, but the buzz in recent months has been that he's got an eye on the SEC - which has put LSU and UGA in this spot thanks to the push made by each staff. I want to see where things go once the dust settles from the weekend stay in Baton Rouge.

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Making an adjustment to my mental mock on DL.

Im buying the hype. I’m riding the wave (shout out to Vandagriff). I’m adding Maason Smith to my mental mock with Korey Foreman and TID. I got to read a text first hand this weekend and I think we are going to land Smith.

SoFL_Dawg Posts: 10,639 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Donovan Edwards “may” visit campus in the next 2-3 weeks prior to start of the season with family. There will not be OVs this calendar year so sounds like a sense of urgency there for him.

If that happens, and he does visit, add him back to your mental mocks. Even though he can’t visit staff, were confident we’ll get him as long as Camar Wheaton chooses OU. We do believe OU is preferred choice today FWIW.

Edited by RandomFan
2 hours ago, g-dawg said:
SoFL_Dawg Posts: 10,640 ✭✭✭✭✭ Graduate

Nyland Green did not make it to campus this weekend with his folks. I have not heard if he was rescheduling there but we will find out. I do still think he’s the guy at DB for us and we lead there. The other visitors that I thought would be in came.

LSU fans feel confident about him.