Sanu released by Patriots

• Replies 129
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Definitely one of the worst trades ever by Belichick.

You're a crazy man.  Sanu saved our bacon many times, singlehandedly keeping drives alive by sheer will...

And Blocking. Dude was an all-around team player.

Posted Images

I don't get the folks saying he'll be a hindrance to the young WRs. First off, we he offers something none of our current WRs offer in that he can run and pass from the wildcat QB position. Second, he is immediately the second best blocking WR. Third, in the case of injury he can easily be the #2 WR without the team missing a beat. 

I have to squint to find any negatives for bringing him in. Maybe the money would be best served on the D-Line, but having another high level blocking WR who can double as your wildcat QB and is a good pass catcher for cheap is pretty good value and adds a wrinkle that the offense doesn't have.

2 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

I don't get the folks saying he'll be a hindrance to the young WRs. First off, we he offers something none of our current WRs offer in that he can run and pass from the wildcat QB position. Second, he is immediately the second best blocking WR. Third, in the case of injury he can easily be the #2 WR without the team missing a beat. 

I have to squint to find any negatives for bringing him in. Maybe the money would be best served on the D-Line, but having another high level blocking WR who can double as your wildcat QB and is a good pass catcher for cheap is pretty good value and adds a wrinkle that the offense doesn't have.

2nd best? Who would be better?

8 hours ago, MD-FalconFan13 said:

THANK YOU. Thats like saying Matt Schaub is hurting Kurt Benkert. The better players will be ahead on the depth chart plain and simple. Gage is the WR3. Sanu coming back doesn't negate that. THEY ARE ON RECORD saying the emergence of Gage allowed them to make the trade. So now Treadwell looking like hes going to be cut anyway (according to McClure) this is a no brainer. No one is trusting Olamide Rowland Powell Gray anyone else on the back end if any of the top 3 get nicked up

38 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

Based off the camp reports, Not sure that would be wise. He might be our #2 RB this year.

We have 7m in cap space if we wanted to sign Sanu.

If he ends up being #2 then he will be worth the money but I have doubts.

Anyway I think we are already saving money for the rough 2021 season and would pass on Sanu unless he signs for something barely above vet minimum... which Sanu would probably not do, I am pretty confident he can make decent money somewhere.

6 hours ago, Herr Beast said:

Can we still cut Brian Hill and his ridiculous 2.1M tag? I would gladly use that money for Sanu. 

I do not know what we have with Brian Hill.  I also do not know if Gurley can withstand the rigors of double digit runs per game.  Ito Smiths durability has become a question.  Ollison has not emerged as yet, and is only short yardage runner now.  I think we have to keep Hill because of all the questions.