• Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Senat going to happen.  Sorry.

Looks like Henn is our starting RG  

6 minutes ago, hjerry said:

I don't hate him, I'm just not getting excited. That's all

To be fair, I'm taking the same wait and see approach on anyone who hasn't produced for us, until I see it on the field. That includes rookies too, and coaches. Hill just ends up being the subject matter, because he's getting hyped more than any non-past producer on these boards right now. Others are bringing him up and talking about him far more than I am. This is just a single response on the subject.

Well, when he was a complimentary back the final few weeks of the year; especially once Lindstrom was back. He had 22 carries for 150 yards. Not bad. We also were misplaying our backs in an inside tackles run scheme too often last year. Even Freeman was terrible! So, guys can go hot and cold as well. Just saying.

I think Free and every RB on the roster today are pretty much better suited for 1 cut pure zone systems.

Hill has been inconsistent so far but he has produced some. The question is can he build or will he fade? I hope the noise is legit. The details of being able to pass block will give him more reps, too.

5 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Just giving my opinion on the reports, same as anyone. Don't worry. My one dissenting opinion should easily be offset by all the hype he's getting from others.

Carry on

No man, I get it I was just kidding. No apologies needed good sir. We want our draft investments to do something! 2017 has been our worst draft in recent history; as of today. Hot/cold Kazee. Takk not quite being that guy and hurt otherwise. And the rest silence. Hill becoming a contributor would salvage that draft somewhat.

Duke...Saubert...HARLOW...man that draft has been a smoking pile. Primarily Harlow doing nothing and Duke being a big mistake pick for their draft position. Usually TD hits HRs with 3rd and 4th rounders. Tbd on Kazee and perhaps Hill.

Edited by Ergo Proxy
58 minutes ago, hjerry said:

Your examples are of people who practiced well in their rookie seasons and it was reflected in games, not of players who have had chances but haven't produced in games, but we're supposed to get excited about them because of training camp reports.

If Brian Hill starts producing, I'll be first in line to sing his praises, same for any player on this team, but game experience has shown him to be meh, no matter what some say, that is reality, so practice reports won't do anything to change opinions grounded in what really matters.

As I said last year, Brian Hill can be a very good RB2 who can fill in as RB1 for a few games if need be.

But the fact all the coaches say his name each day tells you a little something about him...and now players are, too.  Clearly he is standing out in camp.  Let’s see if it transitions

But it’s ok for fans to get excited about players getting positive reviews in camp.  

2 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

As I said last year, Brian Hill can be a very good RB2 who can fill in as RB1 for a few games if need be.

But the fact all the coaches say his name each day tells you a little something about him...and now players are, too.  Clearly he is standing out in camp.  Let’s see if it transitions

But it’s ok for fans to get excited about players getting positive reviews in camp.  

Saubert was talked about everyday.

54 minutes ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Saubert was talked about everyday.

He was...you’re not wrong.  For every 10 unsung guys hyped up in TC, 8 probably end up as nothing much. But every good NFL player was hyped in camp...so if you get no hype it’s a problem.  The fact guys like Hill, Walker, AJ, Hawkins, Lindstrom & Henn are getting recognition is a step in the right direction

3 hours ago, Ovie_Lover said:

Every year we have practice champions and every year they're never heard of again. And every year people don't learn...

Oh, they had better learn.  We cannot have people listening to positive news out of Flowery Branch and then becoming hopeful for the season.  We cannot have that.  Everyone, stop that.  Stop that right now. 

ROFLMAO.

1 hour ago, Ergo Proxy said:

Well, when he was a complimentary back the final few weeks of the year; especially once Lindstrom was back. He had 22 carries for 150 yards. Not bad. We also were misplaying our backs in an inside tackles run scheme too often last year. Even Freeman was terrible! So, guys can go hot and cold as well. Just saying.

I think Free and every RB on the roster today are pretty much better suited for 1 cut pure zone systems.

Hill has been inconsistent so far but he has produced some. The question is can he build or will he fade? I hope the noise is legit. The details of being able to pass block will give him more reps, too.

The reason I'm optimistic about Hill is because the things he was good at weren't a fluke. The OL and running scheme were a mess last year. Didn't matter who was back there. If Hill struggled and the others were good, then I'd get it. But the team averaged 3.8 YPC. Hill was 4.1 YPC. 

He's got good size, is good in space, can catch, and is a physical runner. If the OL and running scheme are synced up, Hill should put up numbers. 

30 minutes ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

He was...you’re not wrong.  For every 10 unsung guys hyped up in TC, 8 probably end up as nothing much. But every good NFL player was hyped in camp...so if you get no hype it’s a problem.  The fact guys like Hill, Walker, AJ, Hawkins, Lindstrom & Henn are getting recognition is a step in the right direction

Dam this is very true. No good player was a surprise. They all got hyped in camp first. Even the #1 picks. 

2 hours ago, Tim Mazetti said:

And even without a great running game, if the OL blocks pass rushers, the Falcons will be devastating.

Offensive line is key as always.

Yep, Ryan has proved with decent protection he is lethal, MVP level lethal. #7th highest scoring offense in NFL history level lethal. 

If our play action passing game is as effective as 2016, its going to be a fun season!

1 hour ago, FalconsIn2012 said:

But like...who was talking about Saubert and what was said? I only remember the boards chatting him up.

3 hours ago, Ergo Proxy said:

But like...who was talking about Saubert and what was said? I only remember the boards chatting him up.

Certainly I was. But so was DLed and DQ. Saubert was making plays in camp, he just couldn’t ever put it together on the field in a game. I believe DQ hinted at the issue one time, had to do with a lack of smarts. TE position requires a player to know an awful lot in both run and passing game.. I just don’t think Saubert could process it all cognitively while letting his athletic ability loose.

8 hours ago, NaGaBoy said:

Oh, they had better learn.  We cannot have people listening to positive news out of Flowery Branch and then becoming hopeful for the season.  We cannot have that.  Everyone, stop that.  Stop that right now. 

ROFLMAO.

Hurt someone's feelings I guess

8 hours ago, NaGaBoy said:

Jesse Tuggle.  Jamal Anderson.

Lol ok