Braves @ Red Sox

Welp, we lost a series so time to mix things up...

Monday, August 31 @ 7:30 PM 

Max Fried (5-0) vs. Colten Brewer (0-2)

Tuesday, September 1 @ 7:30 PM 

Ian Anderson (1-0) vs. TBD

Wednesday, September 2 @ 7:30 PM

Robbie Erlin (0-0) vs. Martin Perez (2-4)

• Replies 572
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

You know what’s funny...I have seen everyone involved in this argument act like an overemotional a.s.s at one time or another over the years, and I have seen them all have quality posts and be pretty

Lost in all this nonsense is that Ozuna and Duvall homered three times in the same game on consecutive days.

Posted Images

Red Sox pitching has been worse than the Braves. Eovaldi and Perez have been their best SP's and they carry ERA's of nearly 5. Theyve been using our old pal Ryan Weber as a SP. Brewer has been doing what Erlin and Tomlin have been. He made 7 games as a RP but now has made 3 starts as Boston tries to find something to help.

19 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Austin Riley is hitting .371/.421/.686 (1.107) in his last 10 games. If we expand that out it's .295/.328/.525 (.853) in his last 17 games with only 4 hitless games in that stretch and 5 multi-hit games.

He looks so much better at the plate.

It seems like every time I look up he is on the 6th or 7th pitch of an at bat.

5 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

He looks so much better at the plate.

It seems like every time I look up he is on the 6th or 7th pitch of an at bat.

He's been doing that since the first game of the season. But he was so focused on not chasing breaking pitches out of the zone that he couldn't hit the fastball. Now he's hitting fastballs but still able to not chase breaking pitches out of the zone. It's exactly what we were talking about yesterday. He's also finally getting some good luck. Early in the season he was hitting into a lot of Dansby type luck. But he's definitely progressing in the right direction.

24 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Mark Bowman said Folty is throwing 95 in Gwinnett again. Rotation in September will likely be Fried, Anderson, Hamels, Folty and Milone.

Any word on how he is?

Not just pitching but has he gained weight and does he look healthy?

7 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Any word on how he is?

Yeh, I'd rather folty get his health back on track for his own sake, if he had something else going on, then to get back in rotation - even if he didn't work out for the Braves.

1 minute ago, ATLFalcon36 said:

Yeh, I'd rather folty get his health back on track for his own sake, if he had something else going on, then to get back in rotation - even if he didn't work out for the Braves.

Exactly..... health is bigger than baseball.

14 minutes ago, falconsd56 said:

Any word on how he is?

Yes, Anthopolous said he put on weight and is throwing well. DOB does a podcast and had Moylan on and hes apparently real close with Folty. Moylan said that is normal for Folty to struggle to maintain his weight.  He just normally has 6 weeks of Spring for the trainers to build him up. 

2 minutes ago, Unknøwn said:

Yes, Anthopolous said he put on weight and is throwing well. DOB does a podcast and had Moylan on and hes apparently real close with Folty. Moylan said that is normal for Folty to struggle to maintain his weight.  He just normally has 6 weeks of Spring for the trainers to build him up. 

That is good to hear