• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Maybe...maybe not. Seems like there is something wrong with the organization 

Take the money you would have used on Fournette and spend it on pass rush, linebacker or safety/corner

I don’t like his personality, but when did 1,150 yards rushing and 76 receptions become not good

We are set on offense. C’mon. What’s the rub here? If we were still attempting last year’s between tackles focus maybe, but we aren’t and that’s one reason we got Gurley.

Wide zone. Shanny offense.

We don’t need LF. Become RBBC and play the zone blocking well. More concerned with execution than who is at RB in of itself, but we already committed to Gurley and paying Hill to be our 1/2. Ito and QO contribute anything more and where is the space?

Not seeing the upside or point.

3 hours ago, ATLSlobberKnockers said:

Hate to say this but the difference in he and Brian Hill isn't worth 4.5 mil. Is he more talented? Sure when healthy. I just don't see the place for him. Would be a potential great pick up for someone though

The difference is LF was facing stacked box more than any other RB since entering the league.  His QB has always been awful so the box is always stacked

NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
LEONARD FOURNETTERB, UNSIGNED FREE AGENT
Leonard_Fournette.jpg

Jaguars coach Doug Marrone said the team "couldn't get anything" in a trade for Leonard Fournette before waiving him Monday.

"We couldn't get anything, a fifth, a sixth, anything," Marrone said. "We couldn't get anything." It's pretty clear the NFL doesn't value Fournette that highly. He's averaged a pedestrian 4.0 yards per carry on 666 career totes and scored just three touchdowns on the ground last season, worst among 14 running backs with at least 20 carries inside the 10-yard line in 2019. Fournette's $4.167 million salary also certainly played a part in teams not wanting to give up any sort of compensation. It will be interesting to see what teams show interest in Fournette on the open market in the coming days and weeks.

8 hours ago, trubirdfan4life said:

It depends on what he wants. I would absolutely take him if he is willing to backup gurley and have 2 RBs running for their next payday. If he has crazy demands......deuces.

Gurley is a timeshare back from here on out. That's not a dig, it is just the reality of where he is at now. He can't take 30 snaps and have a backup. He has to hope for 15-20 and someone to split time with who can move the chains. You need a 1b if Gurley is your 1a. Your right about the dollars though. Someone will overpay Fournette and we can't be that team.

Personally I have no problems taking talent from the Jags or the Browns... Two teams that are notorious for creating players with "bad" attitudes. 

A lot of us on here aren't being realistic. If you say you aren't interested because he's potentially a cancer... then fine. But to those that say we don't need him you're being ridiculous... Especially if you call names like Brian Hill as part of your reason. Having bodies in a room, doesn't mean a position is filled. If Hill and Ito were that good we wouldn't have taken the risk on Gurley, who is a one-year rental. If he passes waivers, I'd love to give him a fair 3-year deal similar to Fowler. 

PS... Fowler was also labelled to have "character issues" by Jags and he's the teammate from heaven here... Just saying 

If Jax couldn’t even get a 7th for him, I would guess he will clear waivers too. Teams likely didn’t give a pick because they don’t want to pay him $4M...which loops back around to asking how good is he or how much of a headache is he that a team doesn’t want to pay him a modest amount.

14 hours ago, Knight of God said:

Seems we have a certain pass rusher that had lower than average numbers who played there too. It's just easier to take a dump on RBs. 

My brother from another mother dropping facts up in here!!!

We don't need him cause we've got Brian Hill? Get outta here with that nonsense. Give me Fournette in a heartbeat. Hill can only dream about being as good as Fournette.

• NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
    Leonard_Fournette.jpg

ESPN's Adam Schefter reports free agent Leonard Fournette has filed a grievance against the Jaguars to recoup his $4.167 million salary for 2020. 

The Jags voided the remainder of Fournette's guarantees after the league gave him a one-game suspension in 2018. The fight has been ongoing ever since. It was an expansive reading of the rules by the Jags, as Fournette's suspension was not drug, steroid or off-the-field related, but rather for punching Shaq Lawson. It is unclear how an arbiter might eventually rule.

Sep 1, 2020, 4:25 PM ET

•  
  • NFL%20178x142%20DarkGrey.png
    Leonard_Fournette.jpg

Leonard Fournette went unclaimed on waivers, officially making him a free agent. 

Teams are surely interested in Fournette, but not at his previously-scheduled $4.167 million salary. Fournette could fetch somewhere in the neighborhood of $2-$2.5 million as a backfield fortifier. Obvious suitors have yet to emerge, though the Rams have said they are not interested. Fournette should not be on the open market longer than 48 hours. 

Sep 1, 2020, 4:50 PM ET

•