Do y’all believe in the brotherhood

Let me start by saying I do. I do 100%!!

Go back to last year, the first half of the season. This team could have laid down, but instead of quitting on the HC after a dismal start, they chose to fight and believe in exactly what DQ implemented when he got here....that same brotherhood that got us to a SB. I’ve never seen a team more focused than the Atlanta Falcons this year. This team is on a mission and this thing about accountability and trusting your brother is real. It will make a difference....do not sell the Falcons DQ DK RM short. 

I must be drowning in the kool aid🤷‍♂️

I cannot deny the positive energy that is surrounding this team.  Those men know they underachieved the last two seasons and I believe they are ready to come out and kick some a**.  Absolutely love the dog we have in Fowler and Terrell looks to be legit.  If covid doesn’t take this away from us, I truly believe we have a special team assembled.  We will have a pass rush this year.  Grady and that D line is going to feast.  Seeing Grady plant Brady on his pompous a** can’t happen fast enough.

Oh yeah, F the saints.

1 hour ago, Atl Falcon said:

Just wondering where’s the nay sayers?

Lets see how you stand right now..... I want y’all dudes to go on record before the first or 6th game. Don’t bust up in here if we’re 2-4 or 4-2.

You in you out??? Don’t give me that what if crap. Just do it!!

I'm in....this team's energy from all the clips and interviews I see make it look like these guys are playing loose and hungry.

We didn’t show up at all through week 8 last year. That might have been the worst 8 game stretch of play I’ve seen from any squad since I became a fan in the 80’s. Even the worst 3-4 win squads of previous years looked better prepared and better coached than we did In the first half of last season. We did show a lot of fight by not giving up in the second half of the year, but that was too little too late and not good enough for a team with our talent.

As for the brotherhood... the team clearly bought in to the idea in 2016. Since then, the staff have either moved on to different message, or the players have tuned it out after the SB disaster.

I'm a big believer in the concept of being close with your teammates. When DQ started, some players didn't have their teammates phone number even if they played the same position group. That being said, you do need to win because results is what everyone will judge you on. Bodes well that they fought back after a bad start, but it was such a bad start.

Way back when I was first starting to play in bands, I read an interview with the bassist from a band I really admired. That band had built a bit of a reputation for always being on, every single show. No matter how long of a tour, they killed it. Most bands (or athletes, or comedians, or actors, etc.) are gonna have an off night here & there. These folks seemingly never did. The interviewer asked how they had gotten to be so consistently good & the bassist said something which resonated with me to this day.

She simply replied, "Because we're friends."

She continued by explaining that you can take a few people that are really great at their instruments & form a band. While that band might put out a great album or two, if they don't get along it doesn't matter how talented they are because they'll stop working together as a unit & the whole thing will fall apart.

She explained that it makes way more sense to play with your friends... people you enjoy creating with, who have have an easy time communicating openly with, who you respect & who respect you back equally. She pointed out that if everyone is on the same page & willing to work hard together for a common cause, the results will be there, the talent will be there in time, and it seems a lot easier to sustain productivity via positivity.

So if that's essentially the nature of "the brotherhood", I guess I'm a believer.

Brotherhood? 

Well, now let me see. You know, I don't have any idea what that means.

I know what you think it means, sonny. To me it's just a made up word.

A coach's word, so fellas like yourself can wear a suit and a tie, and have a job. 

Brotherhood?  

It's just a bullsh*t word.  So you go on and stamp your form, sonny, and stop wasting my time.

Because to tell you the truth, I don't give a sh*t.

🤓

No. I am not a big fan of all of Coach Bro's slogans. I believe these are professional athletes, and they need to know their assignments, work hard, study film, etc. in order to be successful. 

That being said, I like the direction of the Franchise, and I believe we are going to have a good season. They definitely have their work cut out for them, because TB has definitely gotten better, and NO is NO.  My fingers are crossed that the guys will Rise Up and have a great season, and I think they can, but it won't be because of the slogans.

Absolutely.  I played football, served in the military, fought in Nam, and worked in the big corporate world.  I have been on teams that had it and on teams that did not (everyone acting like a Narcissist). The difference in results is dramatic.

The challenge with brotherhood is that it must start with individuals that have honor, discipline, integrity, and a desire to win.  You have to find those people before you can see a brotherhood develop.

I think if anyone had questions to the validity of the Brotherhood it was proven the last 8 weeks last year.  If it was fake as many, rightfully so, thought we wouldve finished with a top 5 pick in the draft.  Usually when things were going as bad as they did the first 8 weeks, teams fold and start throwing others under the bus.  I know many dont like DQ but it takes a lot for anyone to swallow their ego and admit they were wrong.  I think him handing DC responsibilities over showed the players a lot that they can trust him.  But, we have to do much better at the start of the year than we usually do.

28 minutes ago, Mr.11 said:

I don't think so. It's not often you see players fight so hard for their HC to keep his job. Yeah, it took some reshuffling of coaching responsibilities to get the desired results, but the players saved his job.

Quinn's head was on the chopping block last year. The second half of the season was good only because Quinn stepped back and let other coaches save his job. Why do we need Quinn. 

1 hour ago, New Jersey Falcon said:

I think if anyone had questions to the validity of the Brotherhood it was proven the last 8 weeks last year.  If it was fake as many, rightfully so, thought we wouldve finished with a top 5 pick in the draft.  Usually when things were going as bad as they did the first 8 weeks, teams fold and start throwing others under the bus.  I know many dont like DQ but it takes a lot for anyone to swallow their ego and admit they were wrong.  I think him handing DC responsibilities over showed the players a lot that they can trust him.  But, we have to do much better at the start of the year than we usually do.

Agree this team no doubt drew closer together last season to finish 6-2 after that catastrophic start. Wouldn't be unreasonable to assume the comeback was the result of these players not quitting on each other or their coaches. Brotherhood has certainly been a point of emphasis since Quinn arrived, if not at the very core of his HC philosophy.

You have to love your team mates and enjoy competing with them. Few teams are talented enough to win a championship with personal clashes and divisions in the locker room. This Falcons team seems to be as close as any we've had in the past few years given the turn-over and minimal time to be on the field together so far.

I definitely believe they have that spiritual bond of brotherhood necessary to play well as a team, and with the collective pride and tenacity to be really dangerous to everybody on their schedule. Can't wait to see how this defense looks and if Koetter has managed to channel any Shannie over the off-season.

44 minutes ago, thofin21 said:

Quinn's head was on the chopping block last year. The second half of the season was good only because Quinn stepped back and let other coaches save his job. Why do we need Quinn. 

continuity mostly 

I think DQ had too many irons in the fire as DC and HC. I give him credit for surrendering those duties to others. DQ has proved he can be a really good DC. This year will tell the tale. I do think AB made the right decision to not blow it up.