The Dante Fowler Affect

11 hours ago, Dr Long Shot said:

Anyone else scratching their heads at Takk talking about counter-moves like it's quantum mechanics. Explains a lot. 

Yes, this bothers me a great deal.  So is Takk talking stupid **** again?  It sure sounds like during  his time with us, that he basically has learned nothing & done nothing to hone his craft.  I have to wonder if Takk either cannot be coached by our staff or has been unwilling to work on his pass rush skills.  It's unreal that he just admitted this.  Hello!

Same with Beasley.  Not much development while he was here.  

This is one of the most interesting subjects before the season.. How is our pass rush going to be?

I have really faith in Takk will have a good season(if no injuries), I believe Fowler will be a great addition and then we have Grady: So my expectations are high.

I think our D line will be something that offenses fear.

3 hours ago, FalconOdense said:

This is one of the most interesting subjects before the season.. How is our pass rush going to be?

I have really faith in Takk will have a good season(if no injuries), I believe Fowler will be a great addition and then we have Grady: So my expectations are high.

I think our D line will be something that offenses fear.

+ Davidson.

11 hours ago, HASHBROWN3 said:

Yes, this bothers me a great deal.  So is Takk talking stupid **** again?  It sure sounds like during  his time with us, that he basically has learned nothing & done nothing to hone his craft.  I have to wonder if Takk either cannot be coached by our staff or has been unwilling to work on his pass rush skills.  It's unreal that he just admitted this.  Hello!

Same with Beasley.  Not much development while he was here.  

He's a fifth year guy. Fowler just taught him what a counter move is. It just blows my mind. 

On 8/31/2020 at 7:50 PM, Francis York Morgan said:

Don't think it has anything to do with Quinn or the DL coach. And I'll believe Takk is incorporating counters when I see it. Dude mentioned that as an area of weakness years ago. It's not that he doesn't know it's an issue, it's that he's stubborn and hasn't had vet leadership on his ***.

Definitely could see that. Like DrLongShot mentioned, Takk said it in a tone as if he had an epiphany. I do remember him talking about counters in past seasons but never like this. Surprised none of the coaches could get him to understand and utilize it in the past 4 seasons, but Takk wouldn’t be the first player to have needed to hear it from a vet/teammate to really trust it, like you said

I’m a Takk believer and think he’s going to kill it this year