Training Camp Updates 08/28

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Goober, I look forward to your post.  They are always good information on the Falcons.  Thanks for posting threads like this.

Notes from DQ's presser: - Praised the work of Brian Hill this training camp
Dan Quinn names Brian Hill as a player who has really been a standout in camp so far. I completely agree.

This is very good news.  I stated earlier that we need to use Todd only early in competitive games and sub in a RB.  But, I also said one of our RBs needs to step up his game this season.  It sounds like Hill has taken a step forward. 

Don't forget Ollison.  He has been injured this summer.  He may take a step forward this season.

1 hour ago, SavvyFalcon89 said:

I'm sure we are not the only one that has their punter as the primary holder, but I do wonder why we don't use our backup QB as the primary holder. To me, it would give the opposing special teams another thing to worry about. 

I think the backup QB being the holder ended when teams stopped rostering 3 QBs consistently. Didn't want to risk only have 1 QB if someone diving to block got the holder

11 minutes ago, Captain Falcon said:

I remember reading someone say that Hill was the MVP in training camp last year. Didn’t overly translate in games. That saying, I’m absolutely rooting for the guy 

My grip from last year , was that they didn't give him enough chances to show his talent... It's very hard to do well with so little playing time on the field...       :shrug:

6 minutes ago, Draftnut57 said:

My grip from last year , was that they didn't give him enough chances to show his talent... It's very hard to do well with so little playing time on the field...       :shrug:

Yea, he was probalby the most efficient back back last season if we knew we were getting rid of Devonta it would have made more sense to get him more touches, but oh well. With a bloated back-field this year it seems unlikely he will get a lot more carries, but if for whatever reason he needs to step up I think he has a chance at being pretty good. 

15 minutes ago, JBridgez said:

https://twitter.com/AtlantaFalcons/status/1299377722838396930?s=20

Looks like Rid got the best of AJ this time around...

Ridley will put even the best of cornerbacks on skates with his route running. There aren't many other receivers doing what I've seen Ridley do on a regular basis with only his route running. 

Edited by Deep2Julio
1 hour ago, Captain Falcon said:

I remember reading someone say that Hill was the MVP in training camp last year. Didn’t overly translate in games. That saying, I’m absolutely rooting for the guy 

They wouldn't let him play until they finally gave up on free and ito was injured.  He was productive when he played.