Jump to content

Julio Jones, Kendall Sheffield ball out as competition heats up | AT&T Training Camp highlights


Recommended Posts

Man the corners look a lot less erratic. That's a good sign. I know people are going to complain about Blake beating Oliver, but Oliver never looked panicked in a trail position against a faster WR. That's an improvement. They don't look grabby or panicky in less than ideal positioning, which has not been the case in a while. If this can translate to Sundays, I'll be really happy. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, vel said:

Man the corners look a lot less erratic. That's a good sign. I know people are going to complain about Blake beating Oliver, but Oliver never looked panicked in a trail position against a faster WR. That's an improvement. They don't look grabby or panicky in less than ideal positioning, which has not been the case in a while. If this can translate to Sundays, I'll be really happy. 

5e17788ed0587.image.jpg?resize=400,240

Link to post
Share on other sites
9 minutes ago, ya_boi_j said:

5e17788ed0587.image.jpg?resize=400,240

Truly. Even on Oliver's route, you can see he's playing his leverage cleanly. Blake gives him a jab step and Oliver never flinches or reaches for contact. In a real game, that route is going to his help. On Sheffield's pick, it's the same thing. He's right in Ridley's pocket that when he goes to make the double move, he's right on him and turns with his eyes on the ball. No panic. 

Link to post
Share on other sites

People were way to quick to sleep in Sheffield the past few weeks, thinking he was suddenly a rotational piece behind Oliver, Terrell and Dennard. I said before the teams perception of him made the Tru decision possible or at least easier. He will be on the field a majority of the snaps IMO.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, vel said:

Man the corners look a lot less erratic. That's a good sign. I know people are going to complain about Blake beating Oliver, but Oliver never looked panicked in a trail position against a faster WR. That's an improvement. They don't look grabby or panicky in less than ideal positioning, which has not been the case in a while. If this can translate to Sundays, I'll be really happy. 

Yeah their technique does look cleaned up. Something interesting Kazee said today in his press conference. He said in the past the DBs were taught to "wait for the ball". He said Whitt is teaching them to " go and get the ball". Thats showing in every video so far. That kinda answers why they could never get turnovers in the past, they were playing passive on the back end.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Becoming a common theme McClesky burning mfs deep. Had 3 steps on his man. Dark horse to make the team. Doesn't have much versatility but the one skill he does have you can't teach. Mind numbing speed....

Seeing more and more of Hawkins at corner... 

Also good to hear Miller making plays also.

These cuts are gonna be hard man. I like a LOT of fringe guys this year. McClesky, Robinson, Senat and the list goes on... Gonna be interesting...

Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, FentayeJones said:

Something interesting Kazee said today in his press conference. He said in the past the DBs were taught to "wait for the ball". He said Whitt is teaching them to " go and get the ball". Thats showing in every video so far. 

I don't understand waiting for the ball.  Is that hoping for an errant pass while putting in little effort?  I was taught the ball was mine when it was in the air and it was my job to prevent the receiver from getting my ball. 

I only played high school.  I did practice with the college team before I realized I could not work, take classes, and play football simultaneously.  One day a receiver started yelling at the coaches that I was doing something illegal.  I was just reaching around him when the ball arrived and stripping the ball out.  It was perfectly legal.  The blame was on the QB.  He was not leading receivers allowing the DB to swat the ball away from receivers who has slowed down or even stopped waiting for the ball.  But now that I think about it, was this a receiver who had never been stripped?  I will never know but he was hopping mad.  In fact, I think he did hop some while yelling at the coaches. 

Link to post
Share on other sites
14 minutes ago, 1989Fan said:

People were way to quick to sleep in Sheffield the past few weeks, thinking he was suddenly a rotational piece behind Oliver, Terrell and Dennard. I said before the teams perception of him made the Tru decision possible or at least easier. He will be on the field a majority of the snaps IMO.

Loved what I saw from him last year he is a keeper.

Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, gHost83 said:

Becoming a common theme McClesky burning mfs deep. Had 3 steps on his man. Dark horse to make the team. Doesn't have much versatility but the one skill he does have you can't teach. Mind numbing speed....

Seeing more and more of Hawkins at corner... 

Also good to hear Miller making plays also.

Josh Hawkins is #29

Jaylinn Hawkins is #32

Link to post
Share on other sites

Julio Jones for a guy that’s 31 years old and Father Time is meant to catch up with guys but he doesn’t look any slower or has lost anything in and out of breaks to me.

Maybe it’s just an expected thing athletically from this guy but physically he’s is not of this earth.Im expecting another huge year from #11.

Link to post
Share on other sites

Join the conversation

You can post now and register later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.

Guest
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...