Over/Under Wins for League

Atlanta Falcons (7.5): Under

The scenario in which the Falcons go over would involve Matt Ryan, Julio Jones and Calvin Ridley shredding opposing secondaries en route to a top-five offense. Atlanta went 6-2 in the second half of last season, and the defense improved after Raheem Morris took over as coordinator. So why go the other way? Even though the Falcons had the fifth-best injury luck in 2019, their offense ranked 15th in efficiency. Play caller Dirk Koetter offered no evidence he’s capable of catapulting the offense into a top-tier unit. The Falcons’ offensive line was one of the worst in the league, and the ceiling for that group this year is mediocrity. Throw in questions at cornerback and the league’s toughest projected schedule and they looks like a group destined to underachieve.

https://theathletic.com/2013434/2020/08/24/picking-over-under-win-totals-for-all-32-nfl-teams/ Link has totals for all the other teams, would have been a long post so only posted Atlanta. 

Also dont know if this writer has even watched a Falcons game, to say the ceiling for the offensive line is "mediocrity" is asinine and shows they know nothing about this team. 

Edited by DirtyBird2

1 hour ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

We all want to be optimistic this time of the year but 7 wins again for the 3rd time would not completely shock me. I expect/hope for 9-11 wins.

The turnaround last year alone shows this team can hang, I think under 7.5 is a long shot. I'm realistically (at this moment) thinking at least 10 wins

8-8 is my expectation. Nothing suggests otherwise for me. Dirk doesn't inspire confidence, and he frankly hasn't earned any benefit of the doubt at any point in his career outside of 2012. He's not a good OC, but he's stocked with a ton of talent that it will take active work for them to not be a good unit. As for the defense, they can be solid enough to not be terrible. Will they? 

This team can be 4-12 or 12-4. It's that big of a swing.