Video Review - Nike Limited Jersey (NEW 2020)

Hey family,

I finally got my Nike Limited Calvin Ridley jersey in the mail. I know personally, the wait since April has been brutal & there's not much online in terms of actual pictures of videos of what these jerseys look like for fans.

So, I thought I'd take a few mins out of my day to show y'all what they look like in person. For anyone still waiting on their jersey - hope this helps show you what you're getting and hopefully gets ya excited! I'm very happy - well worth the wait.

Any random questions about the jersey (fit, material, anything) I'll be happy to answer.

5 minutes ago, FalconTough said:

Hey family,

I finally got my Nike Limited Calvin Ridley jersey in the mail. I know personally, the wait since April has been brutal & there's not much online in terms of actual pictures of videos of what these jerseys look like for fans.

So, I thought I'd take a few mins out of my day to show y'all what they look like in person. For anyone still waiting on their jersey - hope this helps show you what you're getting and hopefully gets ya excited! I'm very happy - well worth the wait.

Any random questions about the jersey (fit, material, anything) I'll be happy to answer.

I got both of mine, also limited. White Ryan, black Julio. Surprised that the ATL isn’t twill but screen printed. But the stitched on numbers and logos look great 

43 minutes ago, PriMeTiiMe said:

So which one do you have to buy to get the ATL stitched on? The $150 one? This is the $99 version right?

This is the $150 one so I guess that means you need the on-field jersey for the stitched ATL. Unfortunate.

59 minutes ago, capologist said:

I'm still not a fan.  I just don't like the font and I despise the Airport designation above the numbers.  That and they really do look way too much like the Adam Sandler Mean Machine jerseys.

The Longest Yard" | Salon.com

Hahaha yeah, it's pretty uncanny.

Though I got to say, when I held this up next to our old red ones they did by comparison feel WAY more "for the time". The old design looks big time early-2000s and the new ones feel "2020" - how they age is TBD.

And regarding the font, it is a little peculiar, but I get why they did that "3D" shadow effect. All on the logo and in the stadium, they use standalone red lines (in the wing, in the seats) as a design device, so this effect lets it stay true to that larger design language (vs wrapping around the entire number).

14 minutes ago, FalconTough said:

Hahaha yeah, it's pretty uncanny.

Though I got to say, when I held this up next to our old red ones they did by comparison feel WAY more "for the time". The old design looks big time early-2000s and the new ones feel "2020" - how they age is TBD.

And regarding the font, it is a little peculiar, but I get why they did that "3D" shadow effect. All on the logo and in the stadium, they use standalone red lines (in the wing, in the seats) as a design device, so this effect lets it stay true to that larger design language (vs wrapping around the entire number).

I guess I'm just getting old...lol

Get Off My Lawn GIFs | Tenor

20 hours ago, FalconTough said:

Not really a question but I wish Nike would use their Dri-Fit material for black jerseys. I sweat to death in them.

I once ordered a JJ jersey from Nike and "Jones" was sewn upside down like a knockoff. Had to send that **** back.

2 hours ago, Beast-N-Da-Sheetz said:

What is your ht/wt measurements and how does the lg fit. I'm 6'2 235 lbs and I want mine kinda snug but not too muscle-ish but still not too baggy like early 2000s fashion lol.

I'm 5'9/170ish. Fits pretty well perfectly - bit of breathing room but not overly baggy. Could probably get away with a medium if I preferred it snug and wasn''t quite as doughy of a guy hahaha

On 8/20/2020 at 9:20 AM, capologist said:

I'm still not a fan.  I just don't like the font and I despise the Airport designation above the numbers.  That and they really do look way too much like the Adam Sandler Mean Machine jerseys.

The Longest Yard" | Salon.com

I get why people say that, but Im not going to sit here and act like that wasnt one of the hardest scenes in a totally bad-*** movie when they debuted those uniforms and that theme music started playing.

Im sorry but there are worse comparisons out there than a legendary dude flick about football behind bars. I mean thank God they were the tough guys and won in the end, right. Nelly still looks fly in that 23 jersey

On 8/19/2020 at 7:20 PM, Vandy said:

Screen printed...really? Charging that much for a jersey, everything should be immaculately stitched. 

yeah that's BS that the "ATL" isn't stitched.     If you aren't going to stitch something - then don't put it on the jersey at all.    That alone would piss me off.

I wonder if the OP knew when he bought it that the ATL would be screen printed?  I would raise H#LL w/ them about that.