1 hour ago, kiwifalcon said:

If guys like Cominsky Takk and Senat manage to improve a little bit we’ll see big improvements upfront.Run or Pass just do there jobs don’t blow assignments play with energy this defensive front could be very good.

When you start looking at our DL rotation, there a ton of players who haven't contributed much yet but have the potential, starting with Cominsky. You've also got Takk who nobody wants to give up on, Senat, Means and Bailey really haven't played to their potential.

Then you've got the new guys that could be difference makers besides Fowler, who has already shown he can be among the league's best pass rushers. Guys like Marlon Davidson and Charles Harris who could just blow up and be studs this season.

We have new DL coaches in Tosh Lupoi and Jess Simpson to work with these guys. My feeling is they're both good coaches and can take the talent on this unit and turn it into a 40+ sack group.

Raheem Morris taking over as DC will also be a positive factor in the resurgence of a defense that has been our Achilles Heel for too many years.

Hard to say which position group will reveal the biggest turnaround between JWjr’s group vs the Tosh/Simpson crew. Stoked to see it unfold.

Also definitely agree he shows real potential and big time playmaking ability. Maybe I just need to pay more attention, but need to see a greater & more meaningful sample size to see the big dog turn loose. Regardless, how is role expands (at least I expect) has my interest captured.

Edited by Speezy

I think the thing about Cominsky is that he can spell anyone along the defensive line.  He often lined up at the 0 tech and 3 tech but also lined up at 5 tech.  Heck he can play LEO if he wants.   Fowler only ran the forty .06 seconds faster than him.  Please remember he ran a freakin 4.66 at 286 at the combine...

He could learn some things from Fowler though... Dude has a gameplan...  It's been a LONG time since we had a DE that had setup moves and counters.  Probably Abe was the last guy who we had it.  Really excited to see what he brings to the edge and what he can teach players like Cominsky. 

Cominsky has a motor and the athleticism.  Those are 2 major things in his corner.  

2 hours ago, gHost83 said:

I think the thing about Cominsky is that he can spell anyone along the defensive line.  He often lined up at the 0 tech and 3 tech but also lined up at 5 tech.  Heck he can play LEO if he wants.   Fowler only ran the forty .06 seconds faster than him.  Please remember he ran a freakin 4.66 at 286 at the combine...

He could learn some things from Fowler though... Dude has a gameplan...  It's been a LONG time since we had a DE that had setup moves and counters.  Probably Abe was the last guy who we had it.  Really excited to see what he brings to the edge and what he can teach players like Cominsky. 

Cominsky has a motor and the athleticism.  Those are 2 major things in his corner.  

Watching Abe pass rush was a thing of beauty. We've missed the ole Abraham armhook strip sack since then.

On 8/19/2020 at 12:56 PM, autigerfan said:

I'm skeptical as well, based upon the limited showing and previous history.  Perhaps Cominsky gets the opportunity for further development that guys like Sidbury, Massaquoi, etc. didn't.  If he is deserving, I have no doubt that Quinn and staff will make sure he sees the field. 

Honestly, he got more looks as a rookie than they ever did and is far more impressive size and movement wise. I saw him play live in college, he’s quite the athletic freak

On 8/19/2020 at 7:40 PM, Drvillain said:

if cominsky can be a little less stiff while hes playing, I think he will be a GOOD player. I know his combine #s are great, but I'm talking game speed. 

Maybe more confidence and comfort will be the huge key in his 2nd season

Stiff? Not saying he’s JJ watt, but he’s not that stiff for a 6’5” 290 inside/outside guy. He’s actually pretty athletic