43 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Camargo's stats are just regressing back to normal when you look at his minor league track record. It's why I've never declared Camargo a sure thing and was so glad AA had the foresight to sign Josh Donaldson last year. Braves would have been lost without Donaldson last year.

Liberty Media is probably going to cut the Braves payroll to make up for some of the lost revenue this year and I rather not see the Braves trade for soon to be 33 year old who's owed $18.5M next year. I think there is a better use of monetary resources for next year. I'd love to spend that money on keeping Ozuna for DH. I'd love to spend money on Lance Lynn. We're not getting anything for Ender. We're just gonna have to eat his deal to get rid of him.

3 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Seager has a career WAR of 33. Let's not pretend he wouldn't make the team better.

Id rather focus on the rotation anyway. We still need a starter even if it Anderson is ready to blow up. I'd take Bob Seger at the back of the rotation at this point. 

• Replies 353
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Came here to check out the meltdown. You guys never disappoint. 😄

But the entire planet wishes it were.

Lmfao this is so accurate 

Posted Images

58 minutes ago, Malachore said:

Seager has a career WAR of 33. Let's not pretend he wouldn't make the team better.

Seager may make the Braves better right here this very moment. You are correct there. But does Seager make the Braves better in 2021 and beyond? That is where I balk at the idea of adding him. Are the Braves better off spending $18M on Kyle Seager or on a proven starting pitcher? I think you and I would both agree they'd be better in 2021 spending that money on a pitcher than they would another bat, especially when Austin Riley is capable of performing better at the plate than Seager in 2021.

1 hour ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Camargo's stats are just regressing back to normal when you look at his minor league track record. It's why I've never declared Camargo a sure thing and was so glad AA had the foresight to sign Josh Donaldson last year. Braves would have been lost without Donaldson last year.

Liberty Media is probably going to cut the Braves payroll to make up for some of the lost revenue this year and I rather not see the Braves trade for soon to be 33 year old who's owed $18.5M next year. I think there is a better use of monetary resources for next year. I'd love to spend that money on keeping Ozuna for DH. I'd love to spend money on Lance Lynn. We're not getting anything for Ender. We're just gonna have to eat his deal to get rid of him.

Man.. if Johan is regressing back to normal.. yeesh 

11 minutes ago, TheTrue7 said:

Man.. if Johan is regressing back to normal.. yeesh 

Johan Camargo is a career .284/.338/.382 (.720) career hitter in the minors. He never hit more than 8 homeruns in a single minor league season. But those numbers are inflated by his Gwinnett numbers. Check this out,

• AAA = .345/.394/.555 (.949)
  • AA = .267/.304/.379 (.683)
  • A+ = .256/.307/.333 (.639)
  • A = .267/.320/.324 (.643)

Which one of these is the outlier?

28 minutes ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Seager may make the Braves better right here this very moment. You are correct there. But does Seager make the Braves better in 2021 and beyond? That is where I balk at the idea of adding him. Are the Braves better off spending $18M on Kyle Seager or on a proven starting pitcher? I think you and I would both agree they'd be better in 2021 spending that money on a pitcher than they would another bat, especially when Austin Riley is capable of performing better at the plate than Seager in 2021.

I can't imagine they just pick up that entire contract.

2 hours ago, AUTiger7222 said:

Johan Camargo is a career .284/.338/.382 (.720) career hitter in the minors. He never hit more than 8 homeruns in a single minor league season. But those numbers are inflated by his Gwinnett numbers. Check this out,

• AAA = .345/.394/.555 (.949)
  • AA = .267/.304/.379 (.683)
  • A+ = .256/.307/.333 (.639)
  • A = .267/.320/.324 (.643)

Which one of these is the outlier?

hmmmmmm

Can I phone a friend?

Reds reportedly told teams they won't sell. They plan to make a run at the #8 seed. They're only 1 game out of it right now. So no Bauer on the market. 

Sounds weird to say #8 seed in MLB. Currently the seeding is...

1. Dodgers

2. Braves (tied)

3. Cubs (tied for 2)

4. Padres

5. Marlins

6. Rockies

7. Cardinals 

8. Phillies

Giants, Reds, Brewers and Mets are all within 1 game of Philly.

Braves are 4 games up on the final playoff spot.

5 hours ago, Unknøwn said:

Reds reportedly told teams they won't sell. They plan to make a run at the #8 seed. They're only 1 game out of it right now. So no Bauer on the market. 

Sounds weird to say #8 seed in MLB. Currently the seeding is...

1. Dodgers

2. Braves (tied)

3. Cubs (tied for 2)

4. Padres

5. Marlins

6. Rockies

7. Cardinals 

8. Phillies

Giants, Reds, Brewers and Mets are all within 1 game of Philly.

Braves are 4 games up on the final playoff spot.

Wouldnt be surprised to see the Marlins and Phillies both fall off of that list